+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Obstructed view

Obstructed view

I am looking for any hints I can get on getting around an obstructed view. Many times there is just so much going on I can't see hardly anything and I know it is hurting my tanking when I am not aware of what is going on all around me.

What do you do?

Thanks in advance.

What is obstructing your view? Is there a cat sitting in front of your monitor? I hate when that happens.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

Dogs are the worst, harder to move than cats.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Pet honeybadgers are even worse. They hate it when you try to move them to clear the obstruction.

True, but honey badgers make quite a tasty fajita if prepared correctly...

Do you marinate them first?
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

They're also fantastic curried. Fan. Tastic.

Not necessary, hence the prefix "honey"....regular badgers on the other hand require marinating and a 12 hour dry rub to really taste their best...

You guys are terrible.

This is why we can't have nice things.

blaxshep, maybe if you clarified a bit about what exactly you wanted, some of us could be able to assist you with your problem and not just generally derail and troll you.

YES I'm looking at all of you above this post.

Tankspot Moderator
    Twitter: Follow me on Twitter! @Krenian

"Damnit!" - Jack Bauer, 24

Quote Originally Posted by Krenian View Post
    This is why we can't have nice things.
    That and certain people keep breaking them
    King of Cheese, Pope of Lemons, Warlord of Pancakes, Sultan of Omelletes, Czar of Zuchini, Kaiser of Pretzels, Archduke of Apples, Duke of Pimento-loaf, Prime-Minister of Meats, Count of Tomato, The Regent of Danish, Chieftan of Chutney, and Lord of the Dance.

Who is talking about trolls? They taste positively horrible on a tortilla!

Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post
    I am looking for any hints I can get on getting around an obstructed view. Many times there is just so much going on I can't see hardly anything and I know it is hurting my tanking when I am not aware of what is going on all around me.

What do you do?

Thanks in advance.
    Generally you just need to zoom way out, and position your camera in a way that you can see better. Having large bosses and staring at their kneecaps is nothing new sadly, we've all been there, and it's slightly different what is 'comfortable' for each person, just mess around with panning up, left, right, etc. and don't have the camera set to turn you when you reposition the camera automatically. That normally helps the most.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by blaxshep View Post

What do you do?

Thanks in advance.
    Various things to try:

- Zoom out
    - Change interface settings. Like for me, for example... I had issues with visibility of Shannox's traps when he dropped them at my feet at first due to all the stuff that was going on. Numbers floating, big bright druid heals.... yeah. Turned that crap off and made life better. You might need to adjust for a fight.

One BIG suggestion.....

How about a screenshot so we can see what you're referring to? You know the old saying, "A pciture is worth a thousand words."
    No one tanks in a void.........

I'm kind of sad Blax never returned.

Probably tried to move the cat, but the cat then moved to his keyboard. Game over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatt View Post
    True, but honey badgers make quite a tasty fajita if prepared correctly...
    yep, that's the reason why I still go with them now. If we can handle them properly, there will be great fun.
    wow sidekick---safely getting decent gears

I tend to have the same trouble sometimes with all the spell effects on the ground now, it can make fights like Hagara a bit harder since she is a much smaller boss. I have a hard time telling which way she is facing sometimes. It can be difficult. I imagine it even harder for tank to tell which spell is on the ground in a a split second when so much is there now and over laping turing it into a jumbled mess. I found turing down my settings helps some. But im using a addon that putts a arrow on my screen that tells me which way she is facing and only use it for her and Blackhorn.

The spell effects are nice now , but they created other issues for some players.

+ Reply to Thread