+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Heroic Morchok - Blood DK

Heroic Morchok - Blood DK

I'm getting stomped... literally and I need some help. 2 attacks in a row is what always kills me. I always use DS after the first clean hit on me to survive the next, but it still doesn't seem to help.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/proudmoore/Cartöön/advanced

I'm wondering if anyone has any gear/reforge suggestions on my gear.

And yes, I know I need epic gems, but i can't afford them.

I've noticed DKs in Vodka and Blood Legion are at 23 and 27 mastery. Should I reduce my mastery (since I'm over 30) and put it in some dodge? What about SS vs SSG in 4.3 (sorry if this is in another post somewhere)?
    Cartoon | US-Caelestrasz-Horde | Death Knight

Gearwise, I don't see what else you could do, maybe go dodge on the cloak and fire trinket, everything else is spot on. I also have 27 mastery and around 2000 dodge/2100 parry and you're gear is a bit better than mine.

On the kill I tanked I don't remember ever taking much damage, I think the largest stomp hit me for 86k. Do you have logs to post? That would help a great deal.

Which cd's were you using and when?
    How many death strikes did you get off?
    What was your soaker doing?
    Did you get too close and take some crystal damage?
    How many healers?
    Etc, etc

On the kill I tanked I averaged 7 DS a minute, and I always had an ample blood shield for each stomp. You can Vamp blood every minute, so use that on cd after a stomp and follow it up with a rune tap if needed. I saved IBF for when he was under 20%. Also, our healers are pretty fantastic.
    Last edited by ironshoe7; 01-20-2012 at 03:00 PM.

If you're doing H Morchok, how have you not gotten epic gems form the Geodes? You have 36 boss kills, which means you should have gotten maybe 5 epic gems? And then 3 Madness kills, 3 guaranteed epic gems. Unless the JC's in your guild are stingy gits, you should have gotten at least 8 gems by now. Wrong color? Trade with your guildies. I'm sure any dps class would just love to swap a useless yellow they got for you nice shiny red.
    Anyway, swatting your excuse put aside, you don't NEED epic gems, sure they're nice and shiny and stuff, and +10 stats per gem is nice, but i believe you are more than capable of getting by without them.

On to the main topic, from what i've heard, SSG is better for DK's on Morchok, i could be mistaken about that though.

ALSO, for H morchok, are you tanking morchok or his twin. Morchok tends to do a lot more damage than his twin does (don't ask me why, this is just what my healers tell me/complain about.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    If you're doing H Morchok, how have you not gotten epic gems form the Geodes?
    RNG is RNG. I can sympathize with the OP. I have 53 boss kills including 4 madness kills. Guess how many epics I've gotten? Six, and four were guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by ironshoe7 View Post
    RNG is RNG. I can sympathize with the OP. I have 53 boss kills including 4 madness kills. Guess how many epics I've gotten? Six, and four were guaranteed.
    Oh, right. I actually get a fairly good drop rate so i may have overestimated a bit, but still: 3 madness kills =/= 0 epic gems.

Doesn't look like a gear issue, looks like technique (or healing). Would be good to see logs.

Try to pool up your runes so you can death strike right after stomp and hopefully again fairly soon after. Make sure you are working through all your cooldowns, even the minor ones like blood/rune tap and trinkets - using them in the danger period after a stomp. Use DRW together with Boneshield to increase the chance that boneshield lasts through multiple stomps. Make good use of VB (time it for one of the stomp+crystal hits that strain the raid). Never ever let diseases drop. Make sure your healers understand that after stomp comes 10 seconds of pain.

What is really nice to have on this fight also is an addon that shows you the CD timers of his attacks(DBM being one of the most common). If you have one of these you can time raid CD's for just before the stomp and let it carry on through a good portion of the high damage phase. ex: your 4 piece, disc P raid wall, spirit link. You get the idea.

BTW, does anybody else think that the DK 4 piece should have effected IBF instead of Vampiric Blood?

+ Reply to Thread