+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 126

Thread: Dragonsoulwell Radiance

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    723
    We jumped from 3/8 HC to 5/8HC - 25 man this week post-nerf ... so it definitely hit us pretty hard. The fight it was most noticeable on was of course Ultraxion where went from barely maybe able to snag a kill with a perfect pull (39k average dps is pretty stiff) to breezing through it with plenty of time to spare. The 5% is really doubled on this fight as the healing requirements go down which is a big part of the fight and we were able to comfortably go down to 4 healers. That said I imagine the nerf to tendons were probably the biggest so we're looking at likely being done in another 2-3 weeks ... madness pending. Ship won't be too big of a deal, at least for us in 25 man (I know this is the tough 10 man fight).
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by feralminded View Post
    It has absolutely nothing to do with standing in org with my fancy purples (which I don't ... I log on exactly 8.5 hours a week to raid plus maybe 1 hour a week to enchant/gem/reforge and then don't login at all ... I exist in org less than an hour each week). Again I can't speak for the official forums, nor do I really care because I doubt they represent the sum of players out there, but that is why my guild cannot turn off the buff ... whether we want to or not. Anecdotally I know this is how most of my guildies and several players from other guilds look at it.
    My main is for raiding and that's what he does. Granted I play other toons but they are no where near my main and non of them stand around in org.
    Raiding is about beating the boss and other guilds to the kills, gear is just another tool to help us get there. So unless there is an achieve or some official way to keep track of what bosses where killed with or without the buff we only gimp ourselves by turning off the nerf.
    As for why/how soon the nerfs were implemented. My guild is just like several others that have already commented in this thread. The holidays kicked our asses as far as progression goes, as well as *%$#^&)(*%$ healers. We finally got settled in with our new healer last week and got H ultra and H skittles (H Yor) on in our first 2 raid days this week as well as clearing the rest on normal. Yes the kills were post nerf but they would've been killed with or without the buff whether it be this week or next. I just wonder if blizz took the holidays into account when accessing the numbers because I believe that could've changed a whole lot of things.

  3. #43
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,008
    I don't think they took holidays into account, I think they're looking at their MoP launch date and counting backwards. Seem the holidays hurt everyone.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by feralminded View Post
    We jumped from 3/8 HC to 5/8HC - 25 man this week post-nerf ... so it definitely hit us pretty hard. The fight it was most noticeable on was of course Ultraxion where went from barely maybe able to snag a kill with a perfect pull (39k average dps is pretty stiff) to breezing through it with plenty of time to spare. The 5% is really doubled on this fight as the healing requirements go down which is a big part of the fight and we were able to comfortably go down to 4 healers. That said I imagine the nerf to tendons were probably the biggest so we're looking at likely being done in another 2-3 weeks ... madness pending. Ship won't be too big of a deal, at least for us in 25 man (I know this is the tough 10 man fight).
    Warmaster is actually the hardest heroic on 25 and 10 both now that spine is so easy. Don't underestimate him! not sure how much easier it'll be to learn with the new charge graphic though.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I don't think they took holidays into account, I think they're looking at their MoP launch date and counting backwards. Seem the holidays hurt everyone.
    Considering what we know now I believe this comment is a hammer that found a nail. MoP feels very close now ... which is very good for blizzard considering how much this entire expansion has failed.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

  6. #46
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,008
    I hope it is and I hope the rush job that is DS, means more time and effort are being put into MoP. They say between March 13 and 15 there will be some official announcement - if they try to release in June then MoP must be pretty far along. I can't see Cata staying around until November without some additional content. Already I'm growing tired of Dragon Soul, especially LFR which is now just getting overwhelmed with idiots.

    Last night some raid leader wanted to kick a dps warrior doing 12k - okay, 12k is poor, but it's lfr. My son was tanking and I was on my hunter (and topping the meters I might add) so a couple of us stick up for the guy, the raid leader is being a butthead soI just MD the boss (the one before skittles) onto my son and start the fight so he can't vote kick him. The rl shut up after that. It's good to be on the top of the dsp food chain.

    I don't know that I can take 8 more months of this - I mean, I just got my first horde toon to 85; I'll have like 20 alts if MoP doesn't drop in few months.

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    About the achive for doing no nerf.... there are 3 achives for no nerf:
    World KILL
    US/EU/ASIA KILL
    Server KILL
    If you cant get this ones is becouse YOU ARE BAD and YOU need to improve, and if you want to other people look at you in ogri... get them if not, you probably need the nerf =P

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral xrx View Post
    About the achive for doing no nerf.... there are 3 achives for no nerf:
    World KILL
    US/EU/ASIA KILL
    Server KILL
    If you cant get this ones is becouse YOU ARE BAD and YOU need to improve, and if you want to other people look at you in ogri... get them if not, you probably need the nerf =P
    Thank you for your awesome contribution to this site/thread ... :-/
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    13
    What i mean, you have hardcore players and normal player, achives for semi-seudo-attendanceproblems-hardcore players sound kinda stupid for me.
    If you want to experiment the same hardcore mode than others players feels without nerf in DW hero, you probably wont get it taking the nerf out becouse you got probably have more gear becouse the farming time anyways.
    For me, periodic smalls nerfs help the game a lot, and if you need 3 months for a kill in dw hero maybe you dont deserve a special achive

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Feral xrx View Post
    About the achive for doing no nerf.... there are 3 achives for no nerf:
    World KILL
    US/EU/ASIA KILL
    Server KILL
    If you cant get this ones is becouse YOU ARE BAD and YOU need to improve, and if you want to other people look at you in ogri... get them if not, you probably need the nerf =P
    Total BS, mate.

    There are people that like challenging content but have a life outside of raiding, i.e. a lighter schedule.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Marina del Rey, CA
    Posts
    2,999
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowdy View Post
    Total BS, mate.

    There are people that like challenging content but have a life outside of raiding, i.e. a lighter schedule.
    Nope. Sorry. You either poopsock it or you suck.

    This post may or may not have been sarcastic. I leave the determination of that as an exercise to the reader.

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I hope it is and I hope the rush job that is DS, means more time and effort are being put into MoP. They say between March 13 and 15 there will be some official announcement - if they try to release in June then MoP must be pretty far along. I can't see Cata staying around until November without some additional content. Already I'm growing tired of Dragon Soul, especially LFR which is now just getting overwhelmed with idiots.

    Last night some raid leader wanted to kick a dps warrior doing 12k - okay, 12k is poor, but it's lfr. My son was tanking and I was on my hunter (and topping the meters I might add) so a couple of us stick up for the guy, the raid leader is being a butthead soI just MD the boss (the one before skittles) onto my son and start the fight so he can't vote kick him. The rl shut up after that. It's good to be on the top of the dsp food chain.

    I don't know that I can take 8 more months of this - I mean, I just got my first horde toon to 85; I'll have like 20 alts if MoP doesn't drop in few months.
    This.....

    Unfreakingbelievable.

    No one tanks in a void.........

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Karlsruhe/Germany
    Posts
    3,898
    Press MoP event is supposed to be in March, I reckon beta starting a week or two later, MoP release in June/July.

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,266
    Guess it's time to get that diablo 3 package. 3 expansions and never an invite .
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Nope. Sorry. You either poopsock it or you suck.

    This post may or may not have been sarcastic. I leave the determination of that as an exercise to the reader.
    AAAARRGGGGGHHHLLLL!!!!

    I see what you did there!

  16. #56
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,008
    So they nerfed the trash before Ultraxion - kill 15 dragons down from 24. That's not really bad, it was really annoying as a melee until they made the dragons land. Now, if they could remove a some of the skittles packs, like two would be perfect, before the Unsleeping - they are just drudgery trash.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    87
    Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    So they nerfed the trash before Ultraxion - kill 15 dragons down from 24. That's not really bad, it was really annoying as a melee until they made the dragons land. Now, if they could remove a some of the skittles packs, like two would be perfect, before the Unsleeping - they are just drudgery trash.
    I still don't fully understand how having kill less makes the trash better. When the amount was not the issue. It was waiting for something to land and as a tank hoping you have a taunt off cooldown when it does land. It ulitmatly feels like I have no real control of the drake trash at all.

    The unsleeping trash I honestly really like just because it can be use to get people used/warmed up to combos. But that is just me.

  18. #58
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,008
    I'm kind of bad about attempting to keep aggro when I tank the drakes, if I'm on the DK I taunt, drop DnD in the middle and go off and get the next one. On my pally or warrior I just taunt run to the middle let the dps have at them and go grab another. Having healed it so much, I've come to the conclusion that the drakes don't hit hard at all - the fire can hit hard but the drakes, nah; if any dps die to a drake and it's not because of fire, then there are serious healing issues.

    While I think 2 less skittles packs would be good, at least the skittles can drop BoE's and patterns; the drakes do nothing.

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On the cloud.
    Posts
    2,266
    For the drakes, I vigilance the other tank and let him worry about tanking them. Him getting hit lets me run around merrily (skipping really) and taunt the shit outta those boogers. They really do no major damage anyway so honestly the other tank can go to sleep and I'll vig a healer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

  20. #60
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,008
    10% coming on Tuesday the 28th. The 5% was really not noticiable, but once you get to 10% and up it starts to feel like something, IMHO.

    For normal will this will shorten raid time quite a bit (we did H Morchok and cleared the instance with three pugs last night - oh why do we have to have attendence issues - in 2.5 or 3 hours with a 15 min break) - for heroic the 10% will be a big difference for us.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts