Thread: Ultraxion parry?

Ultraxion parry?

We are now working on heroic ultraxion and have had some issues with dps.
    I was particularly surprised to see many of our dps pulling considerably less damage then they normally do(up to 5K), even on fights with much more movement. This had me wondering if the boss parrys as a normal boss would when facing the raid and thus melee dps should reforge to additional expertese to compensate, or if its just some mechanic preformance like people being overcautious with the fight and fading out earlier then necissary thus loosing uptime.
    thnx

Ultraxion doesn't parry.

Edit: You also don't lose significant amounts of DPS to fading out for Fading Light. Your dps might just be too busy watching debuffs/debuff timers...have them get power auras and make a bigass power aura for it with a timer on it...pretty much impossible to screw it up then.
    Last edited by Ion; 01-18-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Give us some logs please. Ultraxion does not parry and I am just supposing your DPSers are not brilliant. A couple of things to help. Poweraura, like mentioned above, tanks reforging to expertise/hit to reach the caps and bring an atonement specced priest to smite spam the first couple of minutes into the fight.

If after all of this you still lack the DPS, you'd better start recruiting

If any melee dps are using the tentacle sword from DW there is an issue were the tentacle won't be in range of ultraxion and doesn't cast mind flay. You can check logs or recount to see if this is an issue.

Thanks for the help, we got it DPS to a acceptable level and expect to kill him tomorrow. Turned out it was just our people too tired to pull a fresh boss at the end of a raid day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    I am just supposing your DPSers are not brilliant.
    Though i do value and apreceate help i get on these forums i cant leave it unsaid that the people i raid with are my freinds, thats not a very sensible thing to tell someone about their freinds.
    We arent trying to go for world first or even realm first, and im perfectly fine with wiping a month till we get better gear to down a boss, or admiting that for our group yorsaj was hard and ultraxion is being hard. Given our goal is just to have fun with people we enjoy, "look for new dps" is terrible advice. A simple "Maybe you guys arent geared/skilled enough, try zonazz" would suffice.
    Last edited by aresius; 01-19-2012 at 12:42 AM. Reason: engrish

Takes some time to get used to that fight, for dps min/maxing you'll have to hit your heroic will button in the last 1-2 seconds of the timer (depending your connection).

Questions:
    Is everybody pulling significantly lower numbers then expected or is it just melees?
    Do you cover all major buffs/debuffs? http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com
    Do you have some legendary staffs?

If you can't say 'yes' to the later two answers and you're clearing several heroic modes only for less then a month don't worry Our dps aren't the best as well, they barely pulling their weight and without staffs we would have a hard time on that drake.

"Not brilliant" is just another way to state "not geared/skilled enough" like you said. If anything, I find "not skilled enough" more of an offensive thing to say than "not brilliant". In the first case you plainly say that the other sucks, in the second you simply claim that he is not the best. Also, if you are so sensitive regarding criticism about your friends, then maybe you should state it. I know I don't give a damn about what people will state about my friends on a forum.

Anyway sorry if I offended you, but if you are going to be oversensitive about what others will say to you when you are asking for advice, then I'm afraid that the internet is not the right place for you. GL on Ultraxion!

Quote Originally Posted by Valaras View Post
    "Not brilliant"
    I'm guessing that this was used in the British sense of the word not the American - we are a people divided by a common language. In the US "not brilliant" would mean "stupid, dumb blathering idiots"; in the UK "not brilliant" would be "not shining, not standing out." When something is good the Brits love to say "brilliant" i.e. "that's brilliant."

"Not brilliant" is the same as "average", "run of the mill", "nothing special" in Britain. It does not mean "retard that could be replaced by a crack-addicted chicken and we would see an immediate improvement"