+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trinket Halp!

Trinket Halp!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ittorio/simple here is my DK TANK

I had these trinkets equipped: Resolve of Undying , Soulshifter Vortex

I recently picked up: Fire of the Deep to replace the Raid Finder one.

I noticed that the Mastery proc on the Soulshifter Vortex only came up around every 1.5-2 minutes on average.
    Does replacing that trinket with the Fire of the Deep which has a constant, albeit lower, Mastery increase on it and having the Dodge use up around the same times as the Mastery would've proc'd on the Soulshifter Vortex make sense?
    Or, should I keep the Soulshifter Vortex for any certain fights? I've thought about it and I feel like I might still be able to make use of the Soulshifter Vortex trinket, where the Fire of the Deep wouldn't be as valuable. I'm working on Heroic Modes in DS10 right now, and stacking Mastery as much as possible.
    Heads I lose, tails I lose? Quick, give that coin to one of those annoying street performers.

I don't know the particulars of DK tanking, but Fire of the Deep is one of the best trinks out there. Soulshifter is mostly just a stam trinket, the mastery proc should not really be counted for anything but a small perk. That said, my personal feeling is that Resolve sucks. If you're lucky you'll get almost 3% dodge up until the point you're taunted off of and the stack resets to zero.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Why would the stack reset to zero? Do you stop attacking when you get the boss taunted off you?

It stacks on attacks made by you, not attacks made against you. Still doesn't make it a good trinket though

I've won Resolve twice in LFR, once on my pally, but I gave it to the bear who was tanking with me and once on my DK which I kept for a Dodge set should I ever need a dodge set, maybe I'll do Baleroc again someday.

On my DK I use Fire of the Deep and http://www.wowhead.com/item=77983. My Mastery with Elixir of the Master is at 181% and I tend to get some good absorbs; personally I'd go with Fire of the Deep and Soulshifter.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Why would the stack reset to zero? Do you stop attacking when you get the boss taunted off you?

It stacks on attacks made by you, not attacks made against you. Still doesn't make it a good trinket though
    I'm retarded...only explanation.

I agree, the Mastery proc is just a small perk. And Resolve of Undying isn't that bad since the dodge will be up almost 100% of the time > The Stam boost/mastery proc you get infrequently off of Soulshifter. I've seen the light!
    Heads I lose, tails I lose? Quick, give that coin to one of those annoying street performers.

I have 3 tanking trinkets I use, for instance. Fire, Soulshifter and Mirror (from Tol Barad). For Morchok, Zon'ozz, Hagara, Ultraxxion, I use Fire + Soulshifter. For Yorsahj I use Mirror + Soulshifter (stamina + magic resist helps with the major damage of this fight), for Warmaster, I use Mirror + Fire to maintain CTC cap due to it primarily being melee for me. To help with onslaughts I'll use Rallying Cry and 4pc Shield Wall as needed, if I feel too few made it to stack on time or what have you. For Spine and Madness, I use Fire + Soulshifter.

NOW, if I am lucky enough to get an Indomitable Pride to drop, I may switch that in on some of the fights I use Soulshifter for, in place of fire. A couple more drops and I will have a pretty good setup to maximize EH and maintain CTC or very close to it, buffed.

Ya, we've yet to see Indomitable Pride drop, that definitely would be legit!

Resolve of the Undying has more significance for a DK than a shield tank because high avoidance leads to higher bone shield uptime, and because DKs will normally have much higher parry than dodge. That said, I have a habit of running with double stam trinkets on the DK, or breaking out the TB mirror trinket. So I think it comes back, as it almost always does, to picking the trinkets that suit the fight best. Just don't dismiss Resolve just because the paladins/warriors don't like it.

+ Reply to Thread