+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Priest - holy or disc?

Priest - holy or disc?

I play mage as main and have gotten lots of help here on that char. I now want to work a bit on my alt which is a priest:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...racilia/simple

I have levelled her playing holy in instances without really knowing much at all about healing. I would like to give her one healing spec and the other spec shadow now that she is lvl 85. My question here is which healing spec should I use for pve raiding? I want the one which would be the easiest because this is my alt and I won't have much time to play on her.

Our teams priest plays disc atonement and says it's very easy to use can't really comment further than that if you want a look at her set up it's Elitheia on azuremyst-eu realm

Among traditional disc, holy and A/A disc, Archangel/Atonement disc is the hardest one to start with so I wouldn't suggest it. It's a fun spec, but you'll have to watch for a lot more CDs and buffs.

So it's now holy vs disc. I would say they're about neck to neck and it depends on your prefer play style. Holy priests are equipped with a lot of tools. Almost for every situation they have a spell to handle it. The drawback is that you'll have to be familiar with all the spells so you can choose what to cast wisely. Also, holy priests have to utilize their mana effectively without too much overhealing. Disc priests usually use a lot less spells. Most of the time you'll only be using PW:S, PoH, GH, penance and occasionally some PoMs. It's simple, but it also means you will have to use the same spells for everything. Also, disc uses a lot shields to absorb damage. That makes disc has less direct healing output than holy. Some people might not be used to this kind of healing style.

Try them both out and you'll find the one you like.

Thanks - this is really great advice. I totally appreciate it. I have been playing holy doing instances, so I'm going to give disc a try during my next holiday which is in February. I only play her during my holidays as she is my alt and I need to limit my playtime. =)

I like the idea of having fewer spells - I think that that will make it easer for me. =D

+ Reply to Thread