+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sheild Tanks and Souldrinker: Enchant VS Proc.

This is trival.

I dont see the point in giving up dodge/parry/mastery rating just to increase the uptime of a mediocre wepons proc.

No enchant is going to change the fact that the proc is indeed mediocre.

1k hps proc is .. what? about as much healing as a priests renew or a druid hot? I fell like going out of ones way to increase the effectiveness of the proc and/or enchant is really just wishfull thinking. Im sure there are more effective methods to increase ones survival at the moment.
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

Anyway, they fixed Souldrinker proccing off extra attacks (stuff like seal of truth applications) and proc effects a fortnight ago.

Quote Originally Posted by truculent View Post
    This is trival.

I dont see the point in giving up dodge/parry/mastery rating just to increase the uptime of a mediocre wepons proc.

No enchant is going to change the fact that the proc is indeed mediocre.

1k hps proc is .. what? about as much healing as a priests renew or a druid hot? I fell like going out of ones way to increase the effectiveness of the proc and/or enchant is really just wishfull thinking. Im sure there are more effective methods to increase ones survival at the moment.
    The Windwalk proc is just as mediocre if not moreso. An extra ~2% chance to dodge is practically wasted itemization over the CTC cap, as it has been in every expansion prior save for the one raid at the end of BC in which avoidance was NEEDED. It's not saving any healer mana whatsoever, and only offers 1 chance in possibly 50 attacks not to die. Souldrinker's proc at least adds a small amount of dps/threat and healing threat, regardless of whether or not threat is a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I have the LFR version of Souldrinker on my Pally and it healed for about 1 million in a Well of Eternity run and, as I recall, a pretty good amount in a FL run we did. Are the healing numbers from Wowhead for Souldrinker or Mending? They just seem low based on my experience with Souldrinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    The Windwalk proc is just as mediocre if not moreso. An extra ~2% chance to dodge is practically wasted itemization over the CTC cap, as it has been in every expansion prior save for the one raid at the end of BC in which avoidance was NEEDED. It's not saving any healer mana whatsoever, and only offers 1 chance in possibly 50 attacks not to die. Souldrinker's proc at least adds a small amount of dps/threat and healing threat, regardless of whether or not threat is a joke.
    Even the 2% dodge is less trivial then a 1k hot at this point. Sure, neither are trivial if you are trying to maximize. Im just point out that designing your survivability around either is most likely suboptimal.
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I have the LFR version of Souldrinker on my Pally and it healed for about 1 million in a Well of Eternity run and, as I recall, a pretty good amount in a FL run we did. Are the healing numbers from Wowhead for Souldrinker or Mending? They just seem low based on my experience with Souldrinker.
    The numbers I quoted from wowhead were for Mending, not SD. SD procs at least 5k - 10k in a raid environment depending on buffs and situational buffs, as well as fight to fight.

Taking my raid buffed health of 245k, that would be damage of 3675 damage and healing of 7350 every second or third swing for the 403 version; not taking any +heals casted/recieved talents or abilities into consideration.

I thought it was Mending since it seemed low based on my experience with Souldrinker - I didn't do the math, 'cause basically, I suck at math; I just know what recount was telling me for healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I thought it was Mending since it seemed low based on my experience with Souldrinker - I didn't do the math, 'cause basically, I suck at math; I just know what recount was telling me for healing.
    Yeah, that was our discussion reminding us of how pitiful mending really was.

So, does anybody know why AP keeps surfacing in this discussion? I believe it has no effect on SD proc, and since this isn't a threat discussion I really have no idea how it got a few posts devoted to it. Threat = LOL. Optimizing tank dps = a whole different discussion entirely. See "Halp" forum: "Heroic Alysrazor" for that argument at it's best.

Back to the discussion: "Thanks Blizzard for a next-to-useless proc, i might as well pass and give it to my dw frost DK for hist top end damage." is what i'm gathering from the direction this discussion has taken.

I have one from raid finder, it's higher base dps + the proc than my 378 from the new heroics and I can still maintain CTC. That was the whole reason I had mentioned Landslide in the first place was adding DPS period, not just to the proc. Only thing that helps the proc is health and +damage effects.

I have one from raid finder, it's higher base dps + the proc than my 378 from the new heroics and I can still maintain CTC. That was the whole reason I had mentioned Landslide in the first place was adding DPS period, not just to the proc. Only thing that helps the proc is health and +damage effects.
    And landing more attacks..

Then there's that.

Then there's that.
    "Destroyer of Threads" trying to get the last word eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    "Destroyer of Threads" trying to get the last word eh?
    Trying to agree, welcome back the discussion.

I didn't really see it mentioned anywhere, but the only two enchants which will really affect Souldrinker's proc are Landslide and a Weapon Chain.

1000AP/proc (~200AP averaged iirc)
    50 Hit Rating -> 5.2% more of your attacks will land (961 rating for hit cap, 50 of that is 5.2%, so 5.2% of your misses are gone)

Neither are that great for this purpose, and Landslide would add more damage over the course of a fight, while the Weapon Chain would allow for less annoyance in the rotation (however slight).
    Last edited by Darthruneis; 02-24-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added decimal :P

Quote Originally Posted by Darthruneis View Post
    50 Hit Rating -> 5.2% more of your attacks will land (961 rating for hit cap, 50 of that is 5.2%, so 5.2% of your misses are gone)
    If you wanna say "5% less misses" don't say "5% more hits." There's a difference (about tenfold), and it sounds silly too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Firstly, the weapon chain is 40 hit rating, not 50.

Secondly, you need 120.125 hit rating for 1% hit. 40 hit rating is 0.332% hit.

I didn't really see it mentioned anywhere, but the only two enchants which will really affect Souldrinker's proc are Landslide and a Weapon Chain.

1000AP/proc (~200AP averaged iirc)

Neither are that great for this purpose, and Landslide would add more damage over the course of a fight, while the Weapon Chain would allow for less annoyance in the rotation (however slight).
    Landslide does not have any effect on souldrinker, the damage of souldrinker is based off your HP, so only stam and raw hp bonuases will increase, landslide increase AP.....Ap has little effect on healthpool.

.Ap has little effect on healthpool.
    Any?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread