+ Reply to Thread

Thread: simcraft and me... correct me if i'm wrong.

simcraft and me... correct me if i'm wrong.

kk For a long while I've trying to figure why my dps is so shitty.

this is le me, in my dps gear and spec: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lehisie/simple
    this is le me, on my last log of my last madness attempt: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/0...=13534&e=14306

the RL really wants to 1tank madness, which puts me in a very delicate spot: as a main spec tank, I never really cared this much about getting my dps to be competitive, cuz for the last what? 4 tiers now? my dps hadn't been enugh important in any fight. I also were main tanking for too long, so had no real reason to keep dps gear top notch updated. But now, as off-tank in a new guild, as we were hitting Cataclysm while 2tanking it, I went dps and my dps might be the very difference in between having 1 or 2 impales per platform. Not only I'm last dps in group, but also I barely make it above 30k consistently.

So ... given my dps gear is sort of messed up, and given the blue shoulders aren't the true reason why I suck... I figured I am neglecting deceases for example, and probably Obliterating less than I could, so to find out stuff like that I started running Simcraft. I just want to check that I'm properly running it and comparing stuff, because I assumed the results on the simulation should be much higher than they were.

So I'm running simcraft as Patchwerk fight on no (absolutely no) buffs, medium world lag, and comparing those results against my Raider Training Dummy performance, since i play on a 180ms latency. I'm getting 23k dps on simcraft and consistently maintaining 22k and spiking 26k dps on dummy.

to compare with my madness log, I ran it as a fight with a lot of movement and handed picked the buffs we have in the raid assembly I run with. I got 33k dps on simcraft that way. Which is about right the same I was getting at my skada during fight.

There was I thinking it should be a matter of me terribly sucking and turns out it is really a gear problem? or am I camparing stuff the wrong way?

edit: jsut cuz i'm interested in finding out my gear limits to compare with my own performance, i always run simcraft on Elite player skill level.
    Last edited by elehisie; 01-16-2012 at 11:22 AM. Reason: forgot something

Remember you have some pretty serious buffs on madness Especially if you leave Kalecgos up last. Are you accounting for those on simcraft? and yeah your Blood plague uptime is rather low.

hmm yeah i'm not really accounting for the madness buffs and we do Ysera, Alextrasza, Nozdormu and Kalecgos. I need to add modifiers for those right? By typing them in I mean. And yeah :/ decease management IS my real issue I guess.

What I would do is queue and requeue for LFR madness of deathwing as dps and just keep practicing. While you wait for the queue, pound on that target dummy.

+ Reply to Thread