+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regarding the Legendary Daggers and Combat spec.

Regarding the Legendary Daggers and Combat spec.

I am interested in the opinions of fellow rogues regarding the new legendaries, for one, as many might know (and if you don't head to MMO-Champion and read about it), a rogue from the EU realms got the world first daggers, this being said, consider the following.

The legendary daggers provide a quaint little buff, or you could say 'proc' which will exponentially increase your damage, as well as the 45% increased damage from RS, and SS.

Golad, Twilight of Aspects - MH Legendary Dagger

2 piece: Your melee attacks have a chance to grant Shadows of the Destroyer, increasing your Agility by 17, stacking up to 50 times. Each application past 30 grants an increasing chance to trigger Fury of the Destroyer. When triggered, this consumes all applications of Shadows of the Destroyer, immediately granting 5 combo points and cause your finishing moves to generate 5 combo points. Lasts 6 sec.

this should make rupture completely obsolete, considering the 6 seconds where you spam Eviscerate, this being said, shouldn't the viable spec for rogues change to 2/3 lethality 3/3 Coup de Grace? Considering the rupture up-time will be >75% with this buff, wouldn't it be wise to change the spec as well, to compensate for the down time with larger Eviscerate crits? Just wondering.

I'd be interested in hearing from any other rogues about this.

10% more damage on sinister strike versus 6% more damage on eviscerate is a give or take of nothing according to actual sims (430-6) with BiS gear. This might change (a lot!) with the first actual logs from Exorsus's rogue differ from the simmed/estimated values.

Right now evis damage per execute already bypasses rupture (42-44k vs ~39k) but i guess the dot can help on proccing trinket, weapon etc?

As far as I'm concerned, rupture does not improve proc chances, nor add stacks.

From what I've gathered, the direct damage increase, especially with the Vial trinket (Heroic), is far greater. From my recent tests, even on the current stage I have, 43k on Ultraxion, with rupture it's 39k. Seeing as how rupture uptime is going to be lower, what's the use of it. And having the extra 6% on Evis still outweighs the already high SS crit chance.
    US|Tanaris|Horde|Zerix
    <Optima> is recruiting http://optimaguild.wowstead.com/

Well there's still the 10 energy difference, rupture 25 and eviscerate 35. That's why lots of rogues stick to it and use three instead of just two finishers. I don't see why rupture's uptime should be much lower, assuming you'll reapply it after your legendary-procc-burst phase again.

Actually it's not 10% more critical strike chance nor 10% more damage on sinister strike we were both mistaken there it's only 10% more critical strike bonusdamage (same effect as from the meta gem). That's why it's already okay to use 3/3 coup de grace, even EJ came to a similar conclusion:

Cycle/Priority ( Source = http://elitistjerks.com/f78/t111329-..._12_01_2011_a/ )
    The priority of finishers is as follows.
    SnD > Rupture > Eviscerate
    The recommended cycle is to always keep SnD up and then always do 5 point finishers, Rupture if it's not up and Evis otherwise. SnD does not need to be done with 5 combo points only and should always last long enough for you to build up the combo points for another SnD with at least a one finisher in between. It is competitive (loss of 1% overall DPS) to not use Rupture at all simplifying your rotation to 2 finishers. Similarly, if a bleed debuff (Mangle, Hemorrhage, Blood Frenzy, or Hunter pet) is not provided by your raid, you should not use Rupture. If you never use Rupture, consider moving a point from Lethality into Coup de Grace, filling out the latter talent.

+ Reply to Thread