Closed Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Weekly Marmot - Are Legendaries Worth It? (Diablo 3 Beta Giveaway!)

I can't wait to play <<insert whatever Lore is going to play>> =D
    Really though, I'm looking forward to playing a Demon Hunter, looks like a fun class and different from what I've played in the past

So far it seems the Monk would be most interesting to play with, the skills are very nice looking and the skills are most interesting and the rune modifications. Originally I was interested on Demon Hunter when it was announced due to the more darker type of look because it reminded me of D2 Necro, but meh... The skills seemed lackluster.

If I do get the beta key I would be interested in playing as either the Wizard or Witchdoctor. I'm more of a caster when it comes to single-player RPG's few exceptions (Dragon Age) I also just like the awesome lightning spells the wizard has. :P

Demon Hunter is what I will be trying first. I'm sure though that I will be trying all classes at some point. Interested in making videos about it at some point as well.

Barbarian so i can tank all the cool stuff

I'm already in the Beta, don't give me the key.
    Love every class but Demon Hunter, but I think there is more emphasis on their later abilities, so maybe I just haven't got what I like yet. Most excited for Wizard and Witchdoctor.

@Legendaries
    So one class gets a legendary? Now you've got the flavor of the month players all firing applications at your guild. So not only do you have to let a rogue in your guild, but you might be forced to allow in an undergeared and under experienced rogue, just to work on your Legendary. Greaaaaat.
    If the aesthetic is the reward, I'm all for it.
    OR
    Maybe it's the aesthetic... and a unique weapon enchant that is re-useable.
    IE-The Fire Lion staff in Firelands.
    If you Transmog that onto another weapon, it keeps the cool fire lion effect on that weapon.
    If you Transmog Valanyr onto another healing mace, it keeps a (weakened/appropriately scaled) version of the proc on that new weapon.

Also, maybe the cost of transmogging a legendary onto another weapon would be something higher. 1000 per transmog? Higher even?

I would rather see Blizzard do epic quest chains instead of the legendaries. Something along the lines of the battered hilt quest chain from Wrath. However I'd like to see it be more casual friendly something that if you have to farm parts for it they drop in LFR as well as the normal and hard modes,or maybe even Heroic dungeon bosses to keep people doing that content.

Barbarian or Demon Hunter. Wish I could get in been subbed to wow since it released and was in cata beta and now I cant get into D3 >.<

Warrior

Legendaries: Tonight I joined our guilds main raid team in farming Firelands for what? To help one of our dps get their legendary - nuff Said! Anyways, I usually play a Warrior or some class that can kick the crap out of dozens of surrounding melee monsters, and I've been waiting too long for Blizzard to release the game and get us our free copy, so yes, you should give the beta key to me

Amazing show once again . About the D3 Beta , Demon Hunter would be my prefered pick . looks quite " legendary "

I'm interested in playing every class of Diablo 3, I've played through every class on Diablo 2 and I can't wait to get to work on Diablo 3 to play through all of em there. I'm probably going to try out a Monk first though

Demon Hunters look interesting...

Legendaries look to be interesting in theory, but all of my experience with them has been generally negative. Dragonwrath not withstanding, I've only ever seen one other wielded by a guildie, and that was Shadowmourne, which was replaced quite quickly.

really interested in the monk class

Diablo 2 was among my top favourite games ever. I wanna see if D3 is alike

The priest staff in molten core, well, staves, Benediction and Anathema. The quest for that was super cool, it was difficult and I feel like I accomplished something amazing on my priest. It was a pretty amazing item, yet it was purple. I believe hunters had one as well. But something like that I think would work well, and I think it did work well.

Legendaries as currently implemented certainly seem to have an excess of associated problems. The transmog option is a good one, but how about a guild-bound legendary (possibly a guild perk rather than item) that provides a small buff to guild raids e.g. extra health/dps etc. or a chance at an extra loot drop from bosses in the current/next tier?

It may not have the awesome orangey pixelness but the associated title or pet gives everyone in the guild something to show off and the perk will help with progression without making class X a necessity.

D3 beta key

Wizard > witch doctor > monk > demon hunter

Interested in the Monk.

Because I want to hit things with my fists. And be badass while doing it. Like this guy.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

I would like the Diablo 3 beta key to try out the Witch Doctor class. It seems really unique and I love that voodoo style.

Great show again, very well spoken. and I agree Legendaries should be tranzmog items only at this point. Especially with the fact Blizard haveing stated that they are haveing problems with gear number inflation. which Legendaries (in my opinion) only help make worse, cant have a level 400 item better than a level 445 item.

Closed Thread