Thread: 25 H yor'sahj DK tank help

25 H yor'sahj DK tank help

My guild is working on this fight and our dk tank is gettting gibbed by the 6th stack of void bolt. He has 4 piece so there is an extra cd that can be used in line with other raid CD's. Basically im looking for some tips on cd/trinket rotations to minimize the incoming damage from voidbolt. thanks

Logs would greatly help as well as an armory.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

WoL:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...pes&boss=55312

side note: christmas break and what not have scrrewed us on attendence so be nice to the dps numbers; alas, the heals and tank are main raiders.
    Armory link for DK:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Exlegen/simple

I would guess the Mirror of Broken Images would be an ideal trinket to solo tank this (albeit being ilvl 359), the on use: effect has a 1 min cooldown and will be up every high Void Bolt stacks.

Trying this in 10 man, I was doing VB at void bolt 3, mirror trinket about void bolt 4, AMS around void bolt 5. Void bolt 6 was quite hurty, but that coincides with the rest of the damage tailing off as the boss channels the next slimes, so it seemed OK. One tip I saw on MMO-C was to fill your non-set slots where possible with haste gear. Since his melee is pretty trivial, dodge/parry aren't terribly useful so haste gear will improve your rune regen for more self healing. That said, avoidance could mean higher bone shield uptime... Haven't killed it yet, and 25 man might be different so ymmv.

Looking at the log: I can't see him using bone shield at all, and across 6 wipes he used rune tap 6 times (and which he doesn't seem to have glyphed) and only used AMS 4 times. I think some basic L2P might be called for.

having only off-spec tanked this once, I'm a little fuzzy on AMS in regards to the void bolt. Does it cause stacks to drop off or just absorb incoming/prevent additional stacks while it's up?

It doesn't prevent stack application. All it does is absorb damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Esarael View Post
    It doesn't prevent stack application. All it does is absorb damage.
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks for the confirm.