+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Feral Cat - dps help!

Feral Cat - dps help!

Hi guys,

I play a feral dr00d DPS, i have 387 ilvl
    I always try my best to use the rotation keeping up bleeds(dots)
    i've gemmed and enchanted my gear to the best of my knowledge yet the highest dps i can do in Normal DS is 26k - and that is not very often, does anyone else have the same problem?

Regards

(I'll be happy to post an armory if it helps)

it would help

Have any logs? Care to describe how you play a Patchwerk style fight?

I'm sorry, i don't have any logs...

Patchwerk style fight:

Open up with ravage (depending on if i can prowl)
    use Shred until i hit 5 combo points
    use savage roar, tigers fury and berserk
    then mangle and rip for their bleed effects
    shred untill i reach 5 combo points use Rip
    and then keep up HOTS and otherwise ferocious bite when at 5 combo points

Seems more or less correct, from what I know of playing a feral druid right. What kind of numbers are you producing? What is it that feels wrong? A little more information would be good. As you mashing your buttons hard enough and fast enough? Have good keybinds?

You may want to read this: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2089200852
    If you have any questions a good place to go is: http://theincbear.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=14

Quote Originally Posted by Christian2 View Post
    Open up with ravage (depending on if i can prowl)
    Right direction, wrong approach. Use Ravage from Feral Charge (proc's stampede).

use Shred until i hit 5 combo points
    Shredding BEFORE you have mangle or bleeds up is doing it wrong.
    (the math behind it is thus: Shred counts as a bleed sort of, it benefits from Mangle's debuff, and Rend and Tear increases Shred's damage.)

use savage roar, tigers fury and berserk
    If you absolutely must put SR up first, in the first few seconds of a fight, do it with 1-2 CP, not 5.
    If you're going to 5 CP at the opener, you should probably Rip, then do the SR afterward with 1+ CP.

The TF/Zerk here is fine.

then mangle and rip for their bleed effects
    Mangle is one of your most important things to do and maintain, do it earlier. much earlier.
    As mentioned, Rip with the first 5 CP, then SR with 1+ CP, just swap the order you're doing these finishers in.

shred untill i reach 5 combo points use Rip
    ... and it's about this time in the feral priority list that whatever you're saying you're doing, you're probably +/- 5 seconds, had to add switch, had to otherwise react to an encounter, or do some other ability to maintain it's effects. further speculation is moot.

You'd do better off the bat if you opened properly - the stickies on the official druid forums (already linked) will help you work out what to do on almost all aspects.

You'd do better off the bat if you opened properly - the stickies on the official druid forums (already linked) will help you work out what to do on almost all aspects.
    To be fair, there's virtually nothing in the way of information or guides on the EU Druid Forums. US has all of the pertinent info.

Here is my rotation.

If I can Feral Charge
    Mangle
    Rake
    Ravange(Feral Charge proc)
    if i don't have 5cp ill shred till i do
    Rip at 5cp
    TF+Berserk
    Shred for a couple CP then put savage roar up
    Spam shred, keep bleeds and savage roar up and unload extra CP into ferocious bites, and of course FB to keep Rip up when Blood in the water is active. TF whenever it is up. The reason I mangle and rake before ravage is to unload some focus and use ravage during a time when its low so it can recover and i still get a strong move off.

Hi, I have read your problem. I do not have any logs but i think you can visit: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3941897148 and you can find method to solve your problem.

+ Reply to Thread