+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Elemental DPS - Where am I %&#@ing up at?!

Elemental DPS - Where am I %&#@ing up at?!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%B8n/simple

I know I need gear/enchants. Badly.

I know my priority system (I think?) Below is what I've been going by.
    "FS 100% uptime, Lava Burst on CD, Earth Shock at 9 lightning shield, spam the heck outta lightning bolt."

But with a nearly 100% uptime on Hero, I pulled 14k on Murazond. Something is tremendously screwed up... or am I just REALLY bad with Elemental? In about the same gear level I'm pulling 23k WITHOUT the Hero uptime in Enhance. Does 6 points of average item level REALLY make that big a difference?
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

Your priority is correct. Are you glyphed for Unleashed Lightning? ranged has to move quite a bit more than melee on Murazond so if you're not glyphed you're not casting when you move. Same thing with your fire elemental. If this isn't 100% uptime for that fight it's a DPS loss in the 3-4k range. Also, you don't have a single Brilliant Inferno Ruby and you seem to be gemming for socket bonuses. This is a DPS loss. You should have a brilliant in just about every gem slot unless the socket bonus is +20 int.

On the plus side, you've actually been lucky enough to get the world drop helm from end of time. I've run that nearly 30 times and still no helm or shield...

Edit: Oh snap, you got the shield too! On you're enhance spec, the 1 point in the resto tree isn't helping you. I'd go 10/31/0. take the point from the resto tree, one point from elemental shields, and one point from Concussion and put them all in Elemental Precision.
    Last edited by ironshoe7; 01-05-2012 at 03:02 PM.

I'm glyphed for Unleashed, but with the spell power buff from Flametongue totem and mostly paladin tanks running Devotion Aura, would it make more sense to run FT/Earth Ele? Or is Fire Ele THAT big of a boost?
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

Fire ele is a pretty significant boost. Also, you should use searing as your fire totem over flametongue. The dps from the searing will outweigh the spellpower boost. Assume you're using wrath of air totem for the 5% spell haste?

Quote Originally Posted by ironshoe7 View Post
    Fire ele is a pretty significant boost. Also, you should use searing as your fire totem over flametongue. The dps from the searing will outweigh the spellpower boost. Assume you're using wrath of air totem for the 5% spell haste?
    This. With the right talents, you don't want to even waste your time with flametongue. All fire totems gain the benefit of flametongue tot. Searing totem + 5% spell haste are very important.

Think of searing totem as a stationary imp.
    No one tanks in a void.........

Dropping ANY fire totem will give your group the 10% SP buff...not just flametongue. If your Fire Ele is on CD, you should be dropping searing. You also want to try to line up your max SP for the fire ele when you drop him (power torrent procs, trinket procs, engineering tinker if you have it, etc).

I know searing is slightly less DPS for ele than it is for enhance (just the totem itself, not counting the other things it's useful for for enhance), but it should still be a couple thousand dps (or so...maybe a bit less with your gear) and fire ele should be a couple thousand more than that.

Also Reverb is probably worth taking...and Convection probably isn't (I'm also not convinced that Earthquake is worth taking either, but whichever).

Talents:
    Points from Ancient Resolve should go into Reverberation.

Glyphs:
    Glyph of Flame Shock helps a lot on uptime, I tend to take it over Lava Burst (makes all Glyphs usable on mobile fights, which they pretty much all are)

Stats:
    Mastery & Haste > Crit, independant values fluxuate a lot depending on fight & what the other stats are, general idea is to keep their ratings close together if you don't feel like running a sim every item upgrade. In your case, this means channeling more Crit into Mastery.

Rotation:
    1) Keep up Fire Totem (Fire Elemental on bosses all the time, Searing Totem on everything else)
    2) Flame Shock
    3) Lava Burst on 2+ seconds of FS dot
    4) Earth Shock on 9 stacks Lightning Shield
    5) Earth Shock on 7+ stacks Lightning Shield if FS dot has more than 5s running (here is where Reverberation & GoFS come in!)
    6) Lightning Bolt spam

On AoE:
    1) Fire Totem
    2) Earthquake
    3) Earth Shock on 9 stacks
    4) UNLIMITED POW... I mean Chain Lightning

If you need help with your rotation, I believe TotemTimers has a good tracker for your abilities and you can always check out Ovale, which should help with rotation as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

+ Reply to Thread