+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chardev, trying to get hit/exp capped while staying ctc capped

Chardev, trying to get hit/exp capped while staying ctc capped

I'm trying to get hit/exp capped for more dps while staying ctc capped. I'm able to get to it, but it requires a mastery elixir and mastery food. Maybe someone here can help me get to hit/exp caps while staying ctc capped with a cauldron and seafood feast. Or is my gear level to low to do that without major regemming, etc?

TL;DR get to hit/exp cap w/o losing ctc cap with cauldron/feast w/o regemming and losing stam.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/nazgrel/Galook/advanced

Just swapped out a gem in my shield and I'm still ctc capped with kings (closest thing I had to mark of wild that we usually have). I'm find with not being ctc capped until fully raid buffed, but I want to be as close as I can be without.
    Last edited by BryceE; 01-03-2012 at 05:22 AM.
    Galook - Dwarf Paladin - US Nazgrel

Have you got the firebound gorget heroic and the Uncrushable Belt of Fury heroic? That would be about 9 or 10 expertise right there, as well as about 200 mastery rating and you wouldn't lose much health as they are 391 item level. Don't forget you only need about 500 expertise rating due to the Glyph of Truth granting 10 expertise.

I don't. They won't ever drop off shannox heroic despite us still farming those for the staff. And I've NEVER NEVER seen a crystallized firestone ever drop in any firelands heroic run I've done.

I'm almost thinking this is a lost cause because I'm doing like 19-23k as is right now, but I figured if I hit/exp capped it go up a few thousand or am I wishful thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Why do you need the dps?
    I guess it's a matter of choice after reaching full ctc and you only lose some avoidance nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by BryceE View Post
    TL;DR get to hit/exp cap w/o losing ctc cap with cauldron/feast w/o regemming and losing stam.
    Best i can get: 5k hitpoints gain, ~4% avoidance lost -> Grab VP cloak, buy boe boots.

217k hitpoints, 26 exp, 6.4% hit, 34.5% avoidance

Why do you need the dps?
    I guess I don't NEED it. But if I could stay ctc capped while still going for mostly stam after that and still be hit/exp capped, why not?

EDIT: BTW, if I got rid of the mastery food from the chardev above, would raid buffs make up for the loss of that mastery and still have me ctc capped or no?

I was looking at it a bit more and just decided to forget the hit/exp cap and go for ctc cap while wearing 1 stam trinket. I've got up to 199k health while staying ctc capped fully raid buffed w/o mastery food/elixirs.

EDIT: Here's my chardev profile fully ctc capped with raid buffs and 1 stam 1 mastery trinket. http://chardev.org/?profile=304549
    Last edited by BryceE; 01-03-2012 at 02:19 PM.

okay, the thing that's REALLY annoying about raid buffs is: Kings/mark scales 5% off your strength, so that's always changing, and with DR VERY impractical to calculate/educated guess. But with full raid buffs you should get well over 1% extra parry rating, maybe 1.5%. I get a good chunk on my warrior (can't remember exact number) and he's stacking quite a bit more parry than you. And then I assume you eat a feast food? giving dodge? so that almost evens out. Though you should look into getting you dodge and Parry equal since you're a pally and there's no mechanical reason for you to be losing .2% avoidance to DR.

Chardev already takes that into account including DR. So if you want to remain at full ctc without mastery food (dodge food from feast i guess?) you'll have to make up for the mastery via reforges, best place should be -> finger dodge to mastery instead of hit.

And if you're looking for more stamina just grab the crafted boe pants, that's a 3k plus over your current heroic ones (assuming epic gems).

If you check my armory, I'm currently in my ultraxion gear with CTC cap (when buffed with kings, avoid food and battle shout), 7.1% hit and 26 expertise. If I get the normal or heroic T13 chest I could probably get the last 105 hit rating from somewhere.

edit: I found the fight that requires lots of dps from the tank

I found the fight that requires lots of dps from the tank
    Looking at your logs it's clearly not a dps problem. Start thinking about upgrading your dps when you actually hit the (soft) enrage, your longest tries end around 4.5 minutes - there's 1-1.5 more minutes to go. There's no lust popped once, no second potion and no execute range - all adding a lot of rdps.

I'd further recommend stop playing the inquisition shizzle and just throw out 3 hopo SotR nonstop, our paladin pulls off similar numbers (18k ish) with 2 exp & 2% hit gear every kill.

What can be an option: having your feral offtanking with a 'bearcat' specc and your prot going arms if gear isn't a problem and you still have enough soakers.

We have just enough soakers as it is, we have no hunter, no shadow priest. One of the rounds of HoT involves me HoSalving the DK and bubbling to make sure he survives. Our feral starts the fight in bear form - this gets him Last Defender of Azeroth, then he has the cooldown reduction on barkskin and SI. More of a problem is that our tank warrior stopped playing WoW this ID (burnout, game isn't as fun as it used to be etc.) - I fear that this is going to make things even more complicated :/

+ Reply to Thread