Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2% wipes on madness, driving me crazy, what's going on

MY raid blow lust on the blue platform to avoid cataclysm. One key point is that Tetanus is actually shadow damage, so things like shadow protection, Aura mastery, Glyphed Divine protection can help decrease tank damage in the final Phase.

And talking of old DI. Every class should have a suicide button. Would make wiping so much faster.

Yeah I think we need to save Bloodlust - that's the big missing thing here and I think we've got a kill. Need to work on that - just doesn't compute in my brain very well that we slaughter every other platform by 20-30 seconds to spare and the last is so tight.

DI was basically neccesary for Prince since if you got bad RNG on those Infernals you might as well DI and ress up!

Quote Originally Posted by kuponuts View Post
    We keep having problems and wiping pretty close to a kill. The first problem is typically our 1 Tank getting flattened by 2 Elementium Terrors being tanked inside the Bubble. We literally vaporize one of them and immediately transition to the next. In our close calls - if we would have been able to keep the tank up (he takes unbelieveable damage) - we could have controlled the burn easily. We use 2 Holy Priests - using CDs on the tank - and it still doesn't keep him up. Our healers are pretty excellent too (We use Holy, Holy/Disc and Druid) - druid is about 14-17k (depending on Tranq use) and priests do 17-20k HPS.
    We've one-tanked this from the first week and haven't had any problems. If your tank is using his CDs right, there shouldn't be any issues. Here's what I suggest:

- Make sure the paly taunts them over to the bubble so he doesn't take any stacks outside. They stack faster outside the bubble.
    - There's no melee from these adds, so anyone can tank them for a bit taking some stacks. If you have a DK in the group, he can taunt both of them with AMS on, and he won't get any stacks, before the tank taunts them back. This will make it so he tanks them for less time.
    - Mark one of them with a skull and have all dps focus one first.
    - Lust when everyone switches to the skull. There will be plenty of lust left over to burn the boss because the adds will go down quick.
    - The tank should chain CDs, starting with minor ones once he starts gaining stacks. Start with glyphed Divine Protection, then Dream (the extra button from Ysera), then Divine Guardian.
    - Depending on your comp, you can use external CDs on him (e.g. Pain Suppression, Guardian Spirit, Hand of Sac, ...)

Honestly though, I've one-tanked this on my DK and Druid (~383 the first time on each), and there was no need for most of the above tricks. If you lust and and have your dps focus one first while the healers focus heal the tank, dream plus maybe one other CD should be enough.

I'm not a big fan of solo tanking this fight... I've had bad experiences with it. That being said, with your dps I'm not sure why the blue platform is an issue.
    I'd say make sure dps start burning the wing and get it as low as possible before the corrupted spawns. The closer you get it to 70% the better. Then burn all 2-3 min or less dps cooldowns on the corrupted early so they will be back up during lust on the jaw. We pretty much burn all available raid cooldowns when the bolt comes and switch to it... focus blisterings over the ooze guys.

Ideally you can push the first set of blistering tentacles to spawn before hemorrhage and just work from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    I'm not a big fan of solo tanking this fight... I've had bad experiences with it.
    It really depends on your tanks and dps. The only reason two tank this fight is if you can't handle a second impale. If you have enough dps with your off-tank going dps to down the tentacle before the second impale for the first 3 platforms at least, then there's no reason to two-tank the fight. On the last platform, without the yellow buff, dps tends to be a bit lower and people are scrambling to deal with the elementium bolt, so often there's a second impale. It's not an issue if the tank has a major CD up, and you layer one more external on him (e.g. pain supression).

If you have a holy priest in the group, or if you're tank is a paly, you can always handle a second impale trivialy with one-tank by using guardian spirit or ardent defender. If you don't, have either, it's still possible to take the second impale if your tanks and healers coordinate.

Quote Originally Posted by kuponuts View Post
    The second problem with that is - even with 6 DPS (1 tanking) we are BARELY making the final Tentacle cut (usually within a few seconds of Cataclysm being cast) and everyone is doing over 40k DPS. We kill tentacles before second impales - we blow up bolts, we destroy bloods, etc - but that FINAL platform has been taking Bloodlust to complete on time. Our highest DPS is usually in the 50-54k range - lowest can be 40k to 43k with everyone else inbetween and sometimes the second DPS is also trading in the 50-54k range. I know our DPS is doing well because we don't ever see a second Impale, so why are we having so much trouble burning down the Blue platform? Is the haste buff killing our DPS that much?
    We had this same issue, having to use Heroism on the Blue platform to beat the Cataclysm cast, then not being able to push hard enough in p2 to win. We started ignoring the second set of Blistering tentacles that come out at 40% and just healing through the damage (which gets quite extreme), and that pushed us over the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    The first set of blistering tentacles spawns at 70%. If you spawn them too early, either a tank will die to impale, or the raid will die to a combination of thump, elementium bolt and fire AoE.
    Awesome, thank you.

We've been doing yellow platform third, just before blue (excuse me for not knowing the aspects names by heart, I know yellow starts with an N and blue starts with a K..lol)

On yellow, we've been running in to some "Random" spawning of the bloods and tentacles. At times we have them both spawning on top of each other, which can cause some mild problems for us in terms of healing. Now i understand it's triggered by health.

I wonder if it would be more beneficial for us to hold off on dps a bit until the bloods are down. We usually end the third platform with about 25-30 seconds remaining on cataclysm.

Nozdormu and Kalecgos. I know Alexstrasza and Ysera!
    Last edited by Bakadin; 02-01-2012 at 01:43 PM.

We kill bloods before we force the Blisterings; we just find it easier and it's what we've become used to.

Hey I just wanted to say we scored out kill LAST Friday night before the nerf and everyone's advice helped quite a bit.
    We had our Prot Paladin go Holy so we had a dedicated tank healer and I went Protection Warrior - and with some tweaks we brought Deathwing down just as the second Terrors landed (in our kill video you can see them streaming towards the ground but they never land as he dies) - and I got the mount to boot!
    Felt good to get him before the nerf! On to Machamp theeen.. something else!

Gratz.

I know that my raidleader tells us after a second wave of shrapnel has gone off to save dream for the last 5% of the boss. It really helps the healers keep up with all the damage going out.