+ Reply to Thread

Thread: If u can help me get better dk dps frost

If u can help me get better dk dps frost

hey if anyone can look over my guy and tell me if there is anything that i can impove on plz tell me ok

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Fhobbos/simple

Reforge and enchant your gear.

Generally for frost you want to

Str > Hit (to cap 8%), and expertiese (to 26) > Haste > Mastery > Crit

Also Dual Weilding is better dps then 2h, but we should stick to reforging and enchanting first.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

First you need to do a lot of work. You have almost not enchants and the one you do is the wrong enchant.
    Your meta gem is wrong, you'll want the +54 str/3% crit effect. You're other gems need work, +40 hit should never be used especially when you're 4% over hit capped. If you ever find yourself needing hit through gemming you'll want to use a 20str/20hit gem in a blue socket where there is a strength bonus equally to 20str per non red socket. So if there is a piece of gear with a red and blue socket you'd use a bold inferno ruby and an etched demonseye. if it was 2 non red sockets you'd use 2 bold inferno rubies unless the socket bonus was 40 strength which has yet to happen.
    You're reforging needs to be done. You'll want to reforge hit and exp first down to the caps and put those stat points into haste if no haste, if there's haste already on the item put those points into mastery. After you've reached hit/exp caps you'll want to reforge off crit into haste then mastery.

As far as DW being better dps, it is if you're in BiS gear and have access to 2H and DW BiS weapons. Generally speaking you'll want to teach each to see which is better given you're current weapin choices. For me http://www.wowhead.com/item=78487 was better dps than a 390 1H and a 378 1H.

ty for feed back i will get on it
    but what enchants shude i use
    Last edited by Fhobbos; 01-04-2012 at 03:38 AM.

Head: 60 str/30 mastery (dragonmaw, wildhammer)
    cape: 65 crit
    shoulder: 50 str/25 crit (therzine)
    chest: 20 stats
    bracers: 50 str
    gloves: 50 str
    legs: 190 attack power / 55 crit
    feet: 50 haste
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

You should also switch Razorice to your mainhand and Fallen Crusader to your offhand.

G'day Fhobbos, normally i dont post, i log in here to scroll through new threads and see what and how things are tracking and keep up to date with different topics of my liking. However recently i have been teaching/being helpfull to others both cross realm and on my own server in regards to frost dps. Several times being over a vent conversation intiated from a H dung run or pug grp i found myself in.

First tip i can give you is know your relevant information about your class. This may seem futile but in retrospect it helps you understand your class/spec better which will in turn help you do more dps which it seems is your overall aim.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...t-DK-DPS-Guide

This topic is here on Tank spot, and i can understand it being difficult to find somthing like this, as it was easily lost to myself trying to copy it into this reply. So i hope the link makes it alot easier to get your hands on what you need.

All of the above replies are correct in what they have said. However i noticed a +5 str enchant on one of your items which leads me to beleive one of two things.
    1. A new toon, maybe your first, slightly low on gold to afford everything just yet.
    2. Your lazy and had no interest in learning your toon and hoping others would help you out.

I'm not here to flame and definately in a giving/helping mood. Thus the reason for the post.

The included link gives you a fairly good run down from top to bottom of a frost dk. It can get indepth and you may seem out of your league. It explains specs/glyphs/gems/chanting *roughly* see one of the above replies for more specific. What i can suggest is dont be affraid to put yourself out there to other frost dks on your server, (aim high, go for the dks on your server that you know to do high dps come from high end guilds who should generally know what they are on about) the worst that can happen is you get knocked down and told to leave meh no biggey.

Once you have your gear sorted out and spec ect ect, you are ready to start getting more indpeth with your toon and learning your "rotation". Some peopole can sit there and say its not hard whats this bloke on about. They do have a point in some respects, its a simple rotation not much going on not many on use abilities *major cool downs* that you will have to worry about, however knowing when to rune dump or just shave rune power until a rune dump only comes from experience and boss knowledge.

Seeing as you havnt given a rough idea of what your dps is, therefor giving an indication as to where you are with the understanding of the rotation its hard to give information to you as we might be running over stuff you already know or we may start talking about stuff you just dont get therefore wasting alot of time back tracking.

I suggest reading the link taking into consideration what others have already posted to your thread, then go redo your kit and come back and let us know your avg dps on both a Boss dummy and some boss dps avgs from heroics (preferably not the new ones *as they give certain buffs on boss*)

Then we can get you up and running with some decent dps

GL and waiting to hear from you

Your hit and expertise are WAY high. That's a good place to start. When it comes to Frost, ALL YOU NEED IS 8%! Anything over just translates to better white (non-special melee) damage. Worthless. For Expertise, 26 is the cap. Better to have 27 than 25, so if you notice yourself dropping below 26, restore an item.

Reforging Stats:
    Haste > Mastery > Crit.

Why?
    Haste speeds up your rune CDs, which means you can do big things faster.
    Mastery enhances your frost damage, meaning Obliterates, Frost Strikes, Howling Blasts, and Frost Fever hits harder.
    Crit is very much devalued by Killing Machine, which makes your Obliterate and Frost Strike guaranteed crits.

Spec:
    Take the one point out of Butchery (Blood) and the one point out of Unholy Command (Unholy) and put them into Epidemic and Morbidity (10% boost to DnD is pretty good!)
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

One of the best tips to optimize your gear is to use www.wowreforge.com very actively. That means for each new piece of gear you decide you want to keep and equip, have a look at what it says. Most likely you'll reforge all your gear every time, but that's the best way to maximize.

Only delay your Killing Machine proc if there's _less than_ 2 seconds until Obliterate will be available. Otherwise use it on Frost Strike, and it will probably proc quickly again.

AOE (more than 3 targets): Spam HB for runic power, use Frost Strike to empty it out and proc runes for more HB. Apply Plague Strike to as many mobs as possible.

If you're stuck with only 1 frost rune and no runic power to fire off a Frost Strike, do a Howling Blast to get RP for a Frost Strike, and hopefully proc another rune.

+ Reply to Thread