+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Warlock DPS help

Need Warlock DPS help

This is the first lock I have leveled and I have spected it in affliction but I can only do 16k dps even in raids.....rinrin is name on server Eldre'Thalas any advice on rotations or gear would be greatly helpful....

Change Glyph of BoA to Glyph of UA. you generally won't be using BoA unless your multi doting, or things are gonna live less than 15 seconds.

Ideally you open by getting Shadow and flame/critical mass debuff up and then get Curse of Elements/Ebon plague/Earth and moon up and then Haunt and then put your dots up and then spam shadow bolt. Keep your Demon soul on CD. Use shadowflame on CD if you're close enough to the target (make sure you're close enough to the target) weave Soulburned soulfires in where possible, and Drain soul replaces your Shadowbolts/Soulfires/Shadowflames under 25% health.

so SB>CoE>Haunt>BoD>Cor>UA>DS>DrS>ShF>SBed:SF>SB

With some smarter reforging you cna prolly get a little closer to to hit cap, Make sure you're putting DI on someone with dots (not another lock) and are using the Fel puppy( I don't mean to be patronizing but some locks just don't get the whole pet/spec synergy thing)

make sure with your pet that all abilities are being used off cd because the shadow bite does alot for your dps. as far as your rotation, make sure you are clipping dots at the last 2 seconds they are active, cast Haunt off cd and try to get as close to 100% uptime on it. before you dot the add if its single target make sure you have your shadow and flame debuff on it then use curse of elements. then go on with haunt and demon soul, unstable affliction, bane of doom, curruption, doomguard,shadowflame IF in melee, and spam shadow bolt if nothing needs to be refreshed. you want to make sure you have 100% uptime of shadow embrace (which is applied by haunt or shadow bolt) but you wont have to worry about that if you are using haunt on your target off cd.
    i hope this helps! goodluck

+ Reply to Thread