+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arms: Overpower macro error

Arms: Overpower macro error

Recently Ive switched my dps spec to arms. Im having some trouble with the macros and after reading about 10 threads ive seen 10 different responces to the questions I have. So lets try to clear the air.
    The following macros are my battle stance stance macros, which I cast while in battle stance, which are working seemlessly.

#showtooltip Slam
    /startattack
    /cast [stance:1/3] Berserker Stance
    /cast Slam

#showtooltip Mortal Strike
    /startattack
    /cast Mortal Strike

#showtooltip Colossus Smash
    /startattack
    /cast Colossus Smash

These macros are what I use when in battle stance. In each case, the task of stance dancing and performing the specific ability happens in 1 GCD. In other words, I do NOT have to dubble pump the macro,

The following macro is my berserker macro. This is the macro That I cast while in berserker stanceto use overpower.

#showtooltip Overpower
    /cast [stance:2/3] battle stance
    /cast overpower

This macro is not working like the rest of the macros Im using. Upon the first strike of the key, the error " Must be in battle stance" is returned. Its not until I dubble pump the macro that overpower is triggered. Ive tried several variations of this macro, all of which yeild the same results.
    My question is : why am I being forced to dubble pump this macro?
    -Is my macro broken?
    - Is this in intended function of the macro? .. if so, why are my other macros working in 1 GCD?

Finally- does the answer to this question determin weather or not stance dancing for arms is the best possible dps increase? ( the loss of time vs the berserker stance bonus )
    Thanks
    Truc
    Last edited by truculent; 12-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

ALL stance changing macros need to be pressed twice if they change your stance. the reason your first few work seemlessly is nothing to do with the macros and everything to do with being able to MS/CS/Slam in both battle and Berserker stance.

The reason your first few work seemlessly is nothing to do with the macros and everything to do with being able to MS/CS/Slam in both battle and Berserker stance.
    Testing on my rogue confirms this (yes we have stances). Apparently stances now activate the GCD (*shrug*), which makes me wonder if when you use your stance dance macro if the damage is actually calculated in the prior stance. As a macro is done in a single global and the ability is being executed in the former stance as you are executing an ability inbetween stances?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Testing on my rogue confirms this (yes we have stances). Apparently stances now activate the GCD (*shrug*), which makes me wonder if when you use your stance dance macro if the damage is actually calculated in the prior stance. As a macro is done in a single global and the ability is being executed in the former stance as you are executing an ability inbetween stances?
    according to my combat log, berserker stance does activate before the ability is cast. that was one of the things I checked in this search for truth.
    Reev: So, do I macro /dance into Shield Slam now? Raysere: Yes, I hear it increases your DPS Gold balance gear quality attractiveness to the opposite gender considerably

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    ALL stance changing macros need to be pressed twice if they change your stance. the reason your first few work seemlessly is nothing to do with the macros and everything to do with being able to MS/CS/Slam in both battle and Berserker stance.
    so is stance dancing worth it? seems like a loss in time

It depends how long the cooldown is on the proc for over power. It will really depend on how often OP is being used. Or how often the stance change happens.
    Last edited by leethaxor; 12-30-2011 at 02:18 PM.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    the reason your first few work seemlessly is nothing to do with the macros and everything to do with being able to MS/CS/Slam in both battle and Berserker stance.
    How so? I would imagine that the macros call the same actions regardless of the stance requirment on a specific ability.

Quote Originally Posted by truculent View Post
    How so? I would imagine that the macros call the same actions regardless of the stance requirment on a specific ability.
    The stance action is being done while the ability is being executed. For over power your macro works like this

/cast berserking stance ((Sever: Okay Lets Change Stance))
    /cast Mortal Strike ((Server: Well we aren't in Berserker Stance, we are still in battle stance but we can execute MS in Battle Stance, so we will execute))

But when you stance back with over power

/cast battle stance ((Okay switch to battle stance))
    /cast over power ((I'm not in battle stance yet I'm still in berserker so lets just exit and toss an error)
    SECOND HIT
    /cast battle stance ((I am in Battle Stance))
    /cast over power ((Okay))

It should be worth it IF you can anticipate your next GCD before its up and be pressing the button before hand. if your waiting for the GCD to tick and then double tapping then its a loss.

EDIT: and while rogues have stances unlike warriors the abilities they use to chance stances trigger a GCD, warrior ones dont.

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    The stance action is being done while the ability is being executed. For over power your macro works like this

/cast berserking stance ((Sever: Okay Lets Change Stance))
    /cast Mortal Strike ((Server: Well we aren't in Berserker Stance, we are still in battle stance but we can execute MS in Battle Stance, so we will execute))

But when you stance back with over power

/cast battle stance ((Okay switch to battle stance))
    /cast over power ((I'm not in battle stance yet I'm still in berserker so lets just exit and toss an error)
    SECOND HIT
    /cast battle stance ((I am in Battle Stance))
    /cast over power ((Okay))
    I dont think you can make sequence macros

You asked how it works. I explained.

+ Reply to Thread