+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wiping on Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Yup. Usually happens on us going to or from the fourth platform. 10 minutes well spent.....urg. At least it doesn't happen as often as the "i'm gonna split the stomp damage but not really" bug on Morchok HC, our poor rogue was eating 180k double stomp hits with feint up....with the stomp being split between 5 people
    Damn, I was wondering about Morchock being bugged. We took our first shots at him on Tuesday and the stomp damage was all over the place. We had our rogue and DK in my group basically sitting under his balls and the increased stomp damage was hitting our hunter or one of the healers - everyone but the two we wanted it to hit sometimes. We thought it was just positioning.

Were the hunters and healers closer to the tank than the soaker?

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Were the hunters and healers closer to the tank than the soaker?
    Nope that's what was driving us crazy. The soakers (tank and rogue) were right under the boss, everyone else was at range. Sometimes it came off fine, other tries it just made no sense.

thing is with the rogue and the tank under the bass, and the 3 soakers off hugging the crystal the rogue is tanking a 180kish hit with feint up. feints a 50% damage reuction so that 360k hit Post armour, with it split between 5 you should get three 150k hits and two 300k hits.

Yeah, it's a matter of who it's hitting. I'm seeing in my healing frames our hunter getting smacked for 180k or our shammy getting a one shot or me getting the big damage. For some reason it's appears it's not always the two closest who take the big hit. I forgot to start logging at the beginning of the raid so I only got our last attempt before we went to normal; and that attempt was just pathetic, the trash had respawned.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Speaking of wiping on Madness, anyone else having player's killed as they try to leap from platform to platform?
    Consistently, this happens to our hunter. Not every time, but it's happened several times and it's always him. He doesn't always die though. About half the time we're able to lifegrip him back up.

It seems to happen when your speed changes while jumping. It has happened to our mage when he blinked, me on my hunter when I swapped to runspeed aura.

SO a case of it being overwritten by a higher runspeed buff?

That's what I think happens. Anyway, our mage stopped blinking and he stopped dying.

Thanks we'll tell him on Tues.

+ Reply to Thread