+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wiping on Madness.

And because its my guild tradition, the mount dropped too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    And because its my guild tradition, the mount dropped too.
    We need to adopt your tradition in my guild.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Ony, Toravon, Alyz, Rag, and Deathwing all dropped their respective mounts for us. Being that we've kunlocked HCs now, is there a particular order on which to start working on them? I assume Morchok's first

And just to rub salt in the wound Experiment 12-B dropped for us tonight, leaving us with only the Drake of the west wind as our only Cata raid mount that hasn't dropped for us.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 01-12-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Only mount that's dropped for us this whole expansion was on our 1st DW kill and one of our Shammy's won the roll which was good, he deserved it - it was one of those good things happen to good people moments.

And just to rub salt in the wound Experiment 12-B dropped for us tonight, leaving us with only the Drake of the west wind as our only Cata raid mount that hasn't dropped for us.
    Bro, west wind is not a raid drop, it is a vendor item from 200 TB marks. Maybe you're thinking of a different wind?
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

South Wind drops from Al'akir.
    North Wind drops from Altairus (VP)
    East Wind is the reward of Glory of the Cataclysm Raider
    West Wind is purchasable in Tol'Barad

West schmest, south schmout, still hasn't dropped.

We 2 heal 1 tank madness. Shaman (me, with TC spec) and a pali.The tank is a pali. Green,Red,Yellow, Blue. I don't even have to drop my mana totem till Blue. Pali judges and gets his mana back, I LB spam when the aspect is shoting its beam, get my mana back up. Really fun fight. Took us a good amount of time to get it figured out, plus i reforged the crap outa my gear.

For phase 2, one of the simpelest but best tricks you can do is stack up. He actually has a fairly big hitbox, so if melee are at the very edge of their range, than a hunter can be standing right behind them and not be in a dead zone. This allows for nice solid AOE heals and raid CD's.

How do you guys manage your tank cooldowns with a 1tank 2 heals setup starting on green wrt Impale?

With 1t 2h the dps should be high enough to zerg the corruption before the second impale. It's actually a fairly common fight strategy. Basically the idea is that everything will die before it has a chance to ramp up big damage. (corruptions, terrors) So in theory it's only a little more healing intensive, but it goes by a lot quicker. Most guilds on my server have a hard time believing that my guild actually does 2t 3h because they think 1t 2h is so much easier.

What I meant was we have, with 1 tank and 3 heals, about 2 minutes between impales. GoAK has a 3 minute cooldown. If we had another 50k rDPS, we would be seeing about 1:20-1:40 between Impales. How would you propose doing Green first if you could literally run out of tank cooldowns as you do not have Dream after the first platform?

It would depend entirely upon your raid composition I guess. And how much DPS is being put out for timing. You don't HAVE to blow everything out of the water as fast as possible. Just adds. Anyway, raid composition: obviously, there will be some tank/healer combos that would be a little bit sketchy for that strategy. Though i was under impression that Pallies use more than one CD for Impales (alternating between 2)? Anyway, i know on my DK if I time it well enough i can forgo a IBF and slip in 2 souped up Deathstrikes. If you have a good disc priest healing, you can coordinate and get a top off and bubble (personal or raid) just before the impale hits. Basically coordination and ingenuity FTW i guess.

We do 1 tank 3 healers. As a prot warrior I have Shield Wall on 2 min cd+Stay of Execution every 1st Impale, and the Guardian from holy priest every 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregasaurous View Post
    Most guilds on my server have a hard time believing that my guild actually does 2t 3h because they think 1t 2h is so much easier.
    We do 2 tank and 3 heals; basically because of guild make up very small guild. As everyone has geared up, it's become easier.

Today we had our DK tank being crit by the corruptions. This is after we were fine the week prior. Looks like another instance of the Improved Blood Presence bug. Annoying to kill the boss no problem the week before and come in and have your tank being crittable this week.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Today we had our DK tank being crit by the corruptions. This is after we were fine the week prior. Looks like another instance of the Improved Blood Presence bug. Annoying to kill the boss no problem the week before and come in and have your tank being crittable this week.
    I believe If he changes presence (goes FP, then back to BP) his buffs from IBP will be re-applied correctly. From what i've heard it isn't uncommon for their presence buff to glitch out whenever zoning into a new part of the instance. So, every time he passes a loading screen he should do a presence dance. It's annoying, and odds are it'll be a waste of time 99% of the time, but better safe than sorry. Should be fixed completely in 4.3.2 as well if I recall.

Speaking of wiping on Madness, anyone else having player's killed as they try to leap from platform to platform? We had it happen again last night, the player jumped right behind everyone else and 9 of us made it and he plummeted to his death. Jumped in the same place the rest of us did, not like he as on the edge or did anything stupid. This has happened to different players at least once every time we've done the fight.

Yup. Usually happens on us going to or from the fourth platform. 10 minutes well spent.....urg. At least it doesn't happen as often as the "i'm gonna split the stomp damage but not really" bug on Morchok HC, our poor rogue was eating 180k double stomp hits with feint up....with the stomp being split between 5 people

+ Reply to Thread