+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wiping on Madness.

Wiping on Madness.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/3ltalhmku47s2wku/

so this week after alot of silly/buggy wipes we're consistently getting to phase 2 with a 2heal/2tank makeup, but now we're geting DW down to to 6mill and just falling over due to the raid damage. I'm feeling very inadequate as a tank on this fight, my DPS seems to be a hell of alot lower than my cotank, and the Monstrosities just seem to rip through my HP like i'm a over aggroing DPS. I generally don't have LS for the up them as i usually need it to survive the last impale.

Any one care tot tell me where I'm or my peeps are going wrong?

this is pretty much the one 3 heal fight. we ran into issues of cooldowns and healer mana in p2 so we added a 3rd. you want all healr and tank cd's up for p2, just chain them together. ignore adds after the first set of tentacle things and pair of adds.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Is that with one tank or two?

We 3-heal/1 tank madness, if you want I can PM you our WoL page. We kill the Corrupteds before the second Impale (even the last one).

With 6 DPS we're getting 2 impales on the last platform, guess i need to chew out some Deeps for slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Is that with one tank or two?
    2 tanks, prot warr and feral. i shift into cat when not tanking corrupted so we rarely ever get 2 impales.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

2 tanks, 3 healers. Get to phase two, kill fragments, zerg ONE terror so tanks can taunt when debuff has dropped, kill second. Stop dps before Deathwing goes below 10%, repeat previous sentence, blow hero and kill Deathwing ignoring everything else.

Yes you can 1 tank, 2/3 heal this but that requires high single target dps that you usually don't have if your struggling with this encounter.

We use 1 tank and 2 healers and it is so much better.
    On the final phase, kill the Tenticles, kill both adds then just pop BL and zerg Deathwing. With 7 DPS he will die very very quickly. Use a healing cooldown at 10% and 5% health and ignore any other adds that spawn. The 1 tank can pick them up and hold them for the few seconds needed (if they do actually spawn) and you can easily aviod the 1 or 2 shrapnals with Dream.

1 tank, 2 healers and 7 DPS is definitly the way to go.

What we do in 25man is get him to 11% (at 10% he starts to pulse more aoe) finish of the second batch of adds BL and nuke the 2 big adds+deadwing. If you push him below 10% before the second set of adds it taxes the healers a lot more.

Not sure if you're doing this already but you can put up a rend on the arm/wing and when the bloods come just thunderclap/shockwave cleave. Wouldn't be too worried that a dk does more dps on that fight. Maybe make the dps kill your add in P2 first since the dk can drop tentanus with AMS?
    Last edited by Bigbad; 12-30-2011 at 07:12 AM.

I've actually dropped BnT for this fight, the DK occasionally needs an external CD so i get to take Safeguard instead. The bloods tend to die so fast it's not point i'm worried about, its the arm/wing and the mutated corruption I'm concerend about with only 5 deeps.

Shouldn't worry too much about arm/wing dps. As long as the small tentacles are killed quickly after the red platform it should be healable and as long as the dps is decent you'll get stuff down in time. Besides some small tricks like swapping stances, cs, recklessness there isn't much more you can do its the dps job to get it down in time.

As the RL I do worry about having enough raid DPS, Fetzie's log had a Rdps of 438k with 6dps, my raid is pulling 396k Rdps. which if we sacrafice our lowest dps for a healer it would drop to 361k . That's a pretty big disparity, and its my job to make the call on how many DPS we bring. if we wipe becuase the RL decided we could do it with 5 dps when we can't, thats my fault.

here is my 2 tank/3 heal log for 10man normal. http://worldoflogs.com/reports/l7qf3...=14340&e=15113
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

There is something to be said for now changing anything but only if your improving or have an idea what the problem is. When you are looking at WOL make sure the raid DPS isn't including Arm/Wing's damage, our kills seem to be showing these as friendly.

We 2 tank/3 heal it, here is our log as another data point http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/j...?s=6479&e=7341.

Also in P2 are you stopping DPS at like 11% to wait for the second set of adds, not with the extra dps if you get two add sets, but you don't want to go sub 10% and have to switch to adds. Also make sure everyone is using Dream to help with the AOE.
    Last edited by Pagezero; 12-30-2011 at 07:54 PM.

We've stopped at 10% waited for the adds, blown them up popped shit and thewn tried to nuke the boss. the 2 healers couldn't keep.sicnce we're trying tomorow with only 5dps how far down do you push the arm/wing tentacles before the corruption spawns?

Our 25m went down to 10 this week from holiday attendance issues... here is our madness attempts http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-sof2d1w5g6g04917/
    Quote Originally Posted by kasanagi View Post
    THIS IS WHERE I PRETEND TO NOT CARE ABOUT WIZARD CAT. <[;3

Push the limbs as close to 75% as possible without going lower than that so that the hemorrhage doesn't trigger.

Thanks guys, Got him down on the second pull tonight.

+ Reply to Thread