+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guess what. I need help with tanking....

Guess what. I need help with tanking....

As you can tell with this name, I kinda need help with tanking. I have been tanking for a little while (42 worgen warrior) I would love to know what is the best to put into the prot spec and would also like to know some good rotations for a warrior

Thanks
    I unknowingly set the world on fire...

Um.. at lower levels as long as you stay in defensive stance you can just run around doing rend, thunderclap, cleave and revenge and your fine. You will only need to worry on more rotations/stat priorities, etc at max lvl.

Basically, just read your tooltips. If it looks like it's going to keep you up longer than anything else, thus lessening the effort required from your healer, it's probably a great idea. When you get to higher levels, you can flesh out your spec for more threat and utility. My warrior is about the same level as yours, and I basically charge, rend, thunderclap on cooldown, then tab target for shield slams and devastates. Heroic Throw the melee mobs and charge casters for the stun. Works out pretty well.

If you're really curious about early specs, mine looks like: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    If you're really curious about early specs, mine looks like: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lent/secondary
    Well, I wouldn't get caught dead with out Toughness 3/3, but that's just me.

But yeah, pretty much, until you hit high 70's low 80's I wouldn't worry to much about the official raid 8/2/31 spec, just throw in what looks good for what you're doing.
    Aoe= Charge > Rend > TC > cleave > tab target: SS = rev = devastate = Cleave and TC kept on CD
    Boss= Charge> SS > stack sunder > rend > TC > keeping up rend with TC = SS kept on CD = Rev = keeping sunder up

At such a low level that 10% more armor really isn't going to make much of a difference, probably much better to go for the two threat talents in T1, it is next to impossible to die in a levelling 5-man dungeon anyway.

However I recall not having the rage for heroic striking much, especially while soloing.

From about level 35 my warrior was swimming in rage IIRC, although this may have changed since then.

Toughness: I suppose you're right, as long as you don't over-pull trash you have to have a pretty retarded healer to die.

HS: Yeah, you don't really get the rage on a boss fight for heroic strike spamming at that level if memory serves correctly. That doesn't come in until you start getting mastery which = block = rage from shield spec. I could be mistaken though. I lvled my warrior from just before the shattering (4.0) to 85 in Cata, but I don't remember to well the specific mechanics. All I specifically remember is I skipped Incite until I started doing Heroic 5 mans, and I actually needed the threat.

Yeah, I don't really push the pace or I'd care more about the 10% armor than the HS threat. I let my healer's tendencies control the pace, and the person usually doing the healing when I tank on my warrior has four kids. Nothing against him and his family, love them to death, but unless the two eldest are in the group, I pull pretty slowly. Otherwise he has to ask me to slow down because he's inundated with "DAD! DAD! WHAT ARE YOU AND UNCLE PETE DOING?! DAAAAAAD!!!!!" LOL It's cute, but can be troublesome on bigger pulls.
    I'm way better at holding my liquor than a panda.

+ Reply to Thread