+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for some critiquing. (Warrior)

Looking for some critiquing. (Warrior)

Hey there folks! First post here.

Recently our guild lost our off-tank due to deployment and I was asked to switch to my warrior to plug the hole.
    I have been working on getting geared up and have went 5/8 tanking without to much of an issue thus far, I'd just like to get some friendly critiquing from my fellow warriors, if I am doing anything incorrectly please point it out!

Currently my CTC is sitting at 95.55 (According to my in-game Macro)

I thank you for your time. *bow*

Armory link : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Mikoto/simple

Usually you want to match the sockets for helms, the socket bonuses are very high, in your case you will probably get about the same CTC cover with 20mast/30stam and gain 30 stam.

Your missing enchants on cloak and bracers. Reforge mastery on belt.

Remember you also will get 780 dodge when your trinket stacks, not sure if you ran your macro with or without stacks.

Doesn't look bad but there are a few things to improve. Gemming red parry/mastery, blue stamina/mastery, yellow mastery. Socket bonuses are almost always worth it. Once you're ctc capped you can switch over to a little more stamina gemming if you prefer (using 2 75 stam gems myself atm) As said above missing 2 chants and a reforge, can get the 65 mastery on hands as well. Stamina enchant on chest instead of stats.

If you want to keep the dodge trinket in your regular tanksetup keep it in mind for parry/dodge ratio. Atm you have too much dodge when the trinket stacks. Eyeballing the stats you would have about 18% dodge 16,5% parry and 61% block raidbuffed with the trinket stacked, should be ctc capped with 7% miss with the nightelf racial.

Headpiece from well of eternity would be a decent upgrade but i see you're going for that already.
    Last edited by Bigbad; 12-19-2011 at 03:37 PM.

I see, thank you both for your feedback.

The gemming has probably been my largest hangup, folks have told me I need to go straight mastery until CTC capped and I keep getting mixed messages.

I reforged the belt, as for the bracers I am going to see if I can snag the ones from raid finder tomorrow or just pick up the VP ones, then toss a chant on em.

As for the helm, that has truly been the bane of my existence, I've ran WOE about 36 times and the 2 times i've seen it drop, it has been need rolled by a DPS and made off with. I am hoping I can grab the T13 LF one tomorrow.

I will def keep the Trinket/dodge in mind. The other trinket I have is the Stam/dodge proc from HoT, it seems everything has dodge on it. lol
    Last edited by Dave0290; 12-19-2011 at 04:31 PM.

Your CTC seems a bit low with your item level. I'm sitting on 99.51% with ilvl 374, using both tol barad mastery trinkets. What's your dodge/parry/block after the trinket has fully stacked?

You're missing enchant on your wrists and cloak. Also I'd use greater stamina over peerless stats on chest.

If you have done the Molten Front quests, the ring with parry/mastery is better than Queen's Boon CTC wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Tschus View Post
    Your CTC seems a bit low with your item level. I'm sitting on 99.51% with ilvl 374, using both tol barad mastery trinkets. What's your dodge/parry/block after the trinket has fully stacked?

You're missing enchant on your wrists and cloak. Also I'd use greater stamina over peerless stats on chest.

If you have done the Molten Front quests, the ring with parry/mastery is better than Queen's Boon CTC wise.
    17.51 Dodge (with trinket in full proc) CTC with Trinket : 99.17
    15.56 Parry.

Dodge w/o trinket is : 14.64

Will be picking up a new set of bracers today, and should be getting around to the cape enchant when my chanter logs on.

What are your thoughts on my resolve of the undying trinket? I also have the viel of lies (Stam w/ dodge proc) in my bags and might be getting the Stam/mastery proc one today from LFR with any luck. Sadly I am no where near being able to get the mastery one from TB and my avengers of hyjal rep is a bit too low for those trinkets. Was considering the trinket off of Beth in Firelands.
    Last edited by Dave0290; 12-20-2011 at 10:09 AM.

I guess the best choice you have now is still the resolve of the undying. You can reforge a lot dodge back to parry so that your dodge is about the same as parry with trinket stacked. That should give more CTC.
    You can also grab the 378 head and belt from the new 5mans, those are having a good amount of mastery.

This is the setup I'm using http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rugly/advanced Switching over to a bit more stamina gemming (4 solid gems atm) and 103% CTC with just battleshout. Don't think you should use a stamina trinket yet since you lack a little CTC for that but its something to aim for once you got the vp neck/belt/ring. Your 165k hp unbuffed isn't much but it largely depends on the content you're doing if you need more stamina might be fine if you're just doing normal mode 10mans.

Switching in 4 stamina/mastery gems for the socketbonuses should get you 2k more hp and the 378 headpiece 2k more hp as well. 170k unbuffed should be a decent amount of hp for 10mans but just feel what you and your healers are comfortable with

Ok, with your trinket fully stacked you have a difference in ratings between dodge and parry of over 1000. Diminishing Returns is currently taking a knife to your hopes and dreams of CTC with that big of a difference. You need to reforge to some dodge. In fact, what would be easiest is to go through and undo any place you reforged into parry. These should either be reforged to dodge or just left alone (in cases where you reforged dodge to parry).

Also, chest Enchant should be stamina, not peerlous stats.

I have been making a few adjustments, I have made the gap between my parry/dodge around 244 with trinket in full swing, much better than the 1000 it was at - and I also tweeked a few things to get my HP up a little.

CTC with trinket in full proc : 101.40

If I use my elixir it is at 103.00 **

One question I want to toss out, I am currently using the 390 SoulDrinker - if the 397 Hand of Morchock drops would that be a better way to go? Not sure if the proc outweighs other things on the Axe.
    Last edited by Dave0290; 12-21-2011 at 07:45 AM.

Are you accounting for 7% miss when calculating your ctc? Regular macro would only have 5%miss and not account for night elf racial. I'd stick with the 390 souldrinker unless its a 410 hand of morchok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Are you accounting for 7% miss when calculating your ctc? Regular macro would only have 5%miss and not account for night elf racial. I'd stick with the 390 souldrinker unless its a 410 hand of morchok.
    /script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5))

This is the Macro I use ^ Not sure if it counts the Night elf racial, I have actually been trying to look into that.

Still trying to wrap my mind around everything, heh.

See if changing the +5 at the end to +7, perhaps. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    See if changing the +5 at the end to +7, perhaps. I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    I gave that a shot and my CTC value went up from 98.00 to 100.00 .

As to if that is accurate I am not positive, if anyone has any input on that part it would be greatly appreciated.

Macro speaks for itself between " " is the message. Then from string.format it calculates CTC adding dodgechance+parrychance+blockchance+5% miss

So yeah make that 5 a 7 if you're a nightelf

Everything looks good now as far as I can tell. From what I heard, the sword does about 1khps overall, I may have been misinformed though so I'd suggest checking to see what numbers Wowhead has on it.

Indeed, everything does seem to be in order now.

I thank you all for the assistance!

Popping this thread back up for one more quick question - I am CTC capped and am a 1.64 over, would I be safe if I started to put some straight stam gems into my blue sockets?

When CTC capped the general consensus (for warriors and paladins) is to pile on the stamina while retaining full CTC.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    When CTC capped the general consensus (for warriors and paladins) is to pile on the stamina while retaining full CTC.
    Thanks for clearing that up!

I made some adjustments and I am now at 102.69 on my CTC (With trinket full procced) ,about as low as I could go I think without breaking the cap. I popped some 60 stam gems into the blue sockets and 2 defender demonseyes in.

New Armory Link : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...r/Youmu/simple
    Last edited by Dave0290; 01-02-2012 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Updated Links.

+ Reply to Thread