+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Tank who gets critted

DK Tank who gets critted

Blood Death Knight + Blood Presence + Improved Blood Presence (Talent) = critted by level 85 mobs in Heroic dungeons.

This bug seems to have been introduced since 4.3 and I have seen a few (probably less than 1% of total hits) crits on my character while tanking. And no, I'm not accidentally pressing 'X' and sitting down during a fight

Just thought I'd post it here in case anyone else has had the same issue. Might be a bug that needs fixing.

Can you post logs, screen shots, any physical proof that this even took place.

You get enough crit coverage from imp blood pres to get crit coverage from a boss level mob let alone one of the same level. It could be an error in the recording addon. As a change to the combat table would be highly noticeable elsewhere.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    Can you post logs, screen shots, any physical proof that this even took place.

You get enough crit coverage from imp blood pres to get crit coverage from a boss level mob let alone one of the same level. It could be an error in the recording addon. As a change to the combat table would be highly noticeable elsewhere.
    I've tried to get a screenshot but never managed to catch it happening. The logs go way too quick to search through during a heroic aswell I'm afraid. Definitely crits, though, since it made my char do the *AGHH* sound and the numbers flashed in the screen as crits do when they occur.
    It's probably a lot less than 1% thinking about it, but it does occur at random intervals - mostly when tanking a lot of mobs at the same time.

I'll try my best to get a screenshot and remember to check the logs asap, but it is too occasional to know when it's likely to happen. I'm not too bothered by it, but thought I'd post here in case anyone else has had the issue then I'll pop a ticket in to a GM.

Happened to me too in LFR when i was tanking on my dk. From what I read zoning into a new instance/raid can cause this bug and switching presence back and forth should fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbad View Post
    Happened to me too in LFR when i was tanking on my dk. From what I read zoning into a new instance/raid can cause this bug and switching presence back and forth should fix it.
    This.

Zoning occasionally removes the effects of (non-duration) auras. I had this with my guild tabard in Molten Front, had to re-equip every single time >_>

The best course of action would be to submit a ticket about it and untill you see it getting patched, simply go reapply Blood Presence every time you start an instance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ion
    Damn old people, screwin' with my grind.
    Mists of Pandaria Protection Warrior Spreadsheet
    Warlords of Draenor One Minute Field Guides

Thanks. I had a feeling that bug might still be lurking in the background but wasn't sure.

I can confirm switching to another presence and back to Blood every time I zoned has prevented my char from being critted.

It's a known issue. Strange that blizzard hasn't fixed it, it's been a while.
    Here's the blue post regarding this issue.

Blizzard had fixed this for a while and then reintroduced it with 4.3. I play it safe and switch presences every time I zone in, which seems to have fixed it. I've been watching for this in my logs, and haven't seen the issue since I started the presence switching.

+ Reply to Thread