+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Palidan, need fine tuning help please

Holy Palidan, need fine tuning help please

Hi,
    Reasonably new to healing on pally and am at the point where I'm starting to heal 10man dragon soul. My single target heals are really good, but am having a bit of trouble with aoe healing when everyone stacks up. The heals seem to not very efficient. I also seem to chew through the mana in these stages where I need to aoe heal. I'm pretty comfortable with my rotation and use of cooldowns, so I think the issue is with my spec/gear/enchants or gems. Any help with this would be greatly apprecitated. I have been reading a lot on how to play the class properly, and just want peoples opinions on where I'm going wrong. Also if anyone knows of a good guide site for holy pallys in dragon sould I would very much appreciate that if you could link it please.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...allyplz/simple
    Cheers

On the whole, your gems and enchants look fine, apart from those icky mastery gems. To fix that, you can either switch your meta to Burning Shadowspirit Diamond, which will mean you don't need to use any yellow gems at all (), or you can switch the pure mastery gems to Reckless Ember Topaz. Curious why you have a pure spirit gem in your pants, when an int/spirit(like you have in your belt) could do the same job and give you MOAR INT.

Could try using Heartsong on your weapon over Power Torrent as well, if you feel like you have mana problems, and I personally would've stuck with Core of Ripeness over the pure spirit trinket. If you're only doing 10man DS, Glyph of Light of Dawn may be useful? I'd assume it is but I do 25s where I can get the full effect pretty much every time.

AOE healing is very mana intensive, it's something you have to be aware of(which you seem to be) and attempt to make sure you have enough mana to do it when needed through using cooldowns at appropriate times etc. Generally HS - HRx2 - LoD should be what you're doing, however in 10 mans you may potentially be able to swap the LoD for a WoG, depending on what raid health looks like.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Thanks for your help mate, I will make those changes you have suggested. I went in the direction of getting as much mana gains as possible, what is an acceptable spirit level, I'm always worried about going oom. What did you think of my spec, would you make any changes specifically to help my aoe healing, I would think a lot more int will help for this. Are pallys near bottom for aoe heals compared to shammies or druids? Also as I am fairly new to healing how should I organise myself within the raid, as in priority in healing, it always seems to be so unorganised, mutilple heals on same target are wasted etc. I use heal bot which helps.
    Cheers
    Squeedoe

+ Reply to Thread