+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Priest in 10 man Raiding

Holy Priest in 10 man Raiding

Hey,

I took a long break from WoW, and recently resurffaced and joined a casual raiding guild to get my feet wet again. My question is, I do a lot of raid healing in my 10 man team and was wondering what is more important? Haste or Mastery? I've done a ton of research on my own and my conclusion is because it is 10 man the decision is ultimately mine? Does anyone agree or disagree with my statement?

Aloha,

~Jesthealz
    Happy Hunting!

Because that in 10 man raid healing you'll not always be spamming PoM/CoH/PoH but weaving in a lot single target heals, I would say that haste is more all-around than mastery. Better HPS boost and faster casts that provides more flexibility and faster reaction. But how much is enough? It really depends on personal preferences.

Hmmmm. Personally, I'd place *more* emphasis on haste than I do as a 25man healer, but I would still favour mastery overall. I guess in the end you'll have to see how you fare with mana as well; holy priests do sometimes struggle with mana in 10mans, and the more haste, the faster you oom.

Anecdote: the other day we went to DS in 10man because many of our regular raiders were unavailable due to holiday family commitments. I, with tons of mastery and very little haste, expected to end up bottom of the healers meters but surprisingly, I did really well.

Basically: when there's little overall raid damage, you will fare better with haste because all other healers do have haste, and they'll always beat you to it which can be frustrating. When there's lots of raid-wide damage going on however, our mastery really comes into its own.

With all that said, I'd recommend you juggle around a bit and find out your own sweet spot, which suits your healing style and your raid.

thanks yall for the comments its a really big help...happy hunting!

+ Reply to Thread