+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DS - 2 Healers?

DS - 2 Healers?

Hello,
    our first ID we did a 3 healer strat - cause we were used to it from FL. We were 3 healers in our Raid. Then one healer left and since 2 weeks I try to find a supplement. But nowadays these seems impossible! Everybody just plays SW:TOR, is on holiday or something else. We also would need a Paladin - Impossible. They only thing you get - if you are lucky - is a Wanna-be-priest..

Last ID we took a random paladin... disconnected after 4 bosses... I don't want to rely on randoms.. I want to raid and have fun.

Soo... I thought what about a 2 healer strat for everything? It's me - Disc - and a very good resto druid. Would that be possible for all 8 nhc encounters? These are my thoughts:
    Morchok: Easily
    Zon: I think easily
    Yoshj: Easily
    Hagara: Could be more of a medium
    Ultraxion: Easy (We already do it with 2 healers)
    Ship: Medium (We tried it with 2 healers, and it is possible, but harder)
    Spine: Tough?
    Madness: Really Tough?

What do you think? And what are about the HEROIC encounters? (We are always raiding heroics too.) I don't want to take a solala random heal every week.. And as said, finding a nice and reliable one is...

Thank you very much!
    SirCristóbal | Priest | Disc | PvE | EU | Gilneas

In my experience healing the normals in DS so far; I would say that I agree with most of ur evaluations of difficulty, however I disagree with the following two:

-Hagara: This I can say straight up is dead easy with two (might even be possible to solo heal it).
    -Ship: I've only ever done with two healers since its nice to be able to dps the adds down faster.

The last two are where it becomes really interesting. I can't really give an informed opinion on them since I've only ever three healered them, but, my guess, from the healing I have done on them is that Madness would probably be easier to two heal than spine. I say that because Madness requires a lot less healing for a lot less of them time, right up until he face plants in between those two platforms, and Spine is a lot more sustained and might stress your mana (don't take my word for it though since I haven't two healed them).

I think you'll run into problems on HC though. I'm only 1/8HC, and can say from experience that Morchock HC will be extremely tough with two healers. I know Yorsahj is two healed to miss the enrage, but my initial guess would be that you want to make sure that you can, if necessary, take three healers to the later fights.

Over all I would advise to keep looking for a third just because only having two quite clearly causes some issues in the flexibility of your raid team.

Hope this was helpful
    "Cattank is strong" Cattank: Creature - Legend.

Spine and Madness both required something around 45-50k hps last id for us when we used 1 tank two healer on Madness (greatly reducing phase 2 in length), if your tanks both get their four piece rather quickly it's doable but having anybody on your team bringing a healing offspecc at least for spine could be decent, you lack a spirit link totem for the debuff and a 9 stacked amalgamation deals ~ 70k rdps even with raidcooldowns up.

Heroic: Morchok is easy mode.. IF you bring four healers. You have problems bringing three so this will be rather hard. We successfully dual-healed Yor'Sahj & Ultraxion and on heroic mode. I'd give Ultraxion a go, it's nothing new to learn and only a burden on your healers - everybody else just hits that big, ugly & flying training dummy for 5.5-6 minutes (~33k dps required from all your damage dealers). Ship is also a dual healing fight but you won't have to bother with that until you cleared the rest of the instance.
    Last edited by klausi; 12-20-2011 at 02:41 PM.

We've 2 healed all of N DS, 1 tank madness the extra two dps let us kill most things before anything nasty happens.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Thanks a lot for all the advice!
    So what I read from your comments, nhc DS is definitely healable with two good healers.

There is one question regarding madness: How do you deal with just one tank?

There is one question regarding madness: How do you deal with just one tank?
    Kill the Mutated Corruption before it casts a second Impale. The tentacle on the last platform dies about 3 seconds before the Bolt hits (about 10 seconds before the second impale).

Our feral druid goes bear form to tank one of the large adds in the final phase.

Zon easily 2 healed? yikes we can't even 3 heal it yet, but one shot mor'chok and yor'sahj.

If you are sure that you can pull off a 5-3-3-3-3-3-3 game of ping pong, you can do it fairly easily with two healers. If you end up bouncing it more than that, you probably will need 3.

Weve also seen alot of groups bringing four healers for H morchok, though its doable with 2 if your healers are geared up. Im never healing on DS, but one impression i strongly have is that the fights considered healing intensive are so intensive because of some punctual damage bursts, and if in your composition you have a dps with a big healing cooldown that could help 2 heal it easly (for eg, a shadow priest poping his diving hymnn in a critical moment).

We did it with 3 healers, the side with one healer had a dk respecced to blood to soak the stomps. you could probably bring 5-6 healers on ten man and not have any problems with the enrage, we killed it in 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    We did it with 3 healers, the side with one healer had a dk respecced to blood to soak the stomps. you could probably bring 5-6 healers on ten man and not have any problems with the enrage, we killed it in 5 minutes.
    4 Healers 2 tanks. We have a Holy Pally and Rogue take the double damage from stomps (plate armor = ftw, and feint)
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Even all heroic modes can all be 2 healed apart from Ping Pong, which actually might be doable now that I think about it.

My full team had it's first raid in DS yesterday. Thanks to all of you for your tips!

Boss 1-6 are a peace of cake for 2 healers. No problems at all! The last two are not so nice...

Spine - We are disc and druid. The combo works fine for all other bosses, but I think for spine disc/pala or shaman would work better (cause of their bigger heals).
    Conclusion: For spine one of our dd's will use his 2nd specc.

Regarding madness: I really look forward today to try your suggestion 1tank/2heal. I hope the Mutated Corroption really dies before anything nasty can happen.
    For P2 I think our Warri can go Def-Stance and tank one of the adds.

Quote Originally Posted by mandible View Post
    Zon easily 2 healed? yikes we can't even 3 heal it yet, but one shot mor'chok and yor'sahj.
    If you have 4 Range DDs, I would suggest your 2 healers are in the melee camp to be able to heal both the group and the tank. You could also use your ele shamans blue bubble thing during the black phase.

I forgot... If you are doing 2 healers/1 tank - Which platform order?

Quote Originally Posted by sirupfisch View Post
    I forgot... If you are doing 2 healers/1 tank - Which platform order?
    The order of the platforms comes down to how your group handles each mechanic but most 10 mans usually go with: Green, Red, Yellow, Blue. Lately though our group has been taking the LFR route which means we soak the impact from the bolt twice which isn't all that much damage as long as people move far enough away.

The reason we chose to soak the bolt impact is the fact that the small tentacals cause way to much damage without the red aspect still active and it was causing major mana issues on the lead up to the last platform so instead of healing through very high sustained aoe damage on the third platform we go for one hit during a no damage phase which drops everyone to around 30% which costs much less mana.

As for two healing spine and madness, for spine we usually did it 3 healer where as we two healed everything in FL ( solo healed beth normal ) and DS up to that point it's by far the hardest two healer fight and it's the worse fight for a Disc priest due to our 50/50 absorb/healing a better option for that fight is to have two pure healing classes but disc / druid setup does work.

For madness it's fairly easy as long as your mana can hold out or you time your cooldowns correctly, once P2 hits with 1 tank 2 healer strat as long as the first set of mobs are cleared it's pretty much a kill as all other mobs can be ignored just make sure everyone uses their dream to avoid the shrapnel damage.

Here is a log two healing spine: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/6...?s=8861&e=9286

This one is from madness 1 tank 2 healers: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g...?s=1202&e=1911
    Last edited by CoolNitro; 01-14-2012 at 12:17 AM.

We 2 heal a few fights, Morchok, Ultraxion, Boat, and madness. (shaman, pali) We still 3 heal, ping pong and slimes, I guess we could try and 2 heal it. The rest we 3 heal, other healer being a druid. Just started on heroics, so not for sure what we have to 2 or 3 heal.

Spine is possible with two healers, but it is SO much easier with three. One night we were wiping consistently about halfway through the fight; I swapped to offspec heal, a dps went offspec tank and the fight didn't pose any challenge whatsoever.

Because of our raid make up and the size of our guild we three heal the whole place. Don't know what we'll do with Heroics, since none of the healers have a dps offpsec, unless I heal on my Disc Priest and go Shadow.

+ Reply to Thread