+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Resto Shaman/HolyDisc Priest in need of help :(

Resto Shaman/HolyDisc Priest in need of help :(

Hi there!
    So, recently I've been booted off my raid team because my healing was sub par compared to the other two healers. This is for 10 man Dragon Soul, which to my knowledge, is supposed to be two healed. Correct me if I am wrong. We raid with Blood DK, Prot Warrior, Ret Pally, Enhance Shammy, Assassination Rogue, Balance Druid, Surv/Marksman Hunter, Resto Druid, Resto shaman, and either holy priest or resto shaman (me/me). Obviously, we raid with wayyy too many shamans. I tried to fix that by rolling priest, though I had been raiding as shaman for a while before on the core team.

When DS came out, that Saturday was our first raid, with all of the above classes except we had the pally as prot/ret and took out the DK and replaced with SP.

Before I link the logs, I'll start off by saying that I haven't been playing wow QUITE as long as everyone else on the raiding team, so i am a bit new in raiding(only been playing a grand total of 4 months). I also do not have a gaming computer, and I'm sure we all know how graphically demanding some of the parts of the fights are in DS, so that may also contribute to my lack of HPS. Another thing, one of the officers relies on Skada to determine who is underperforming in certain fights right after a wipe. We started using WoL that weekend as well. I know that my healing wasn't fantastic and he didn't want to listen to my "excuses" and so, I decided to come here, where people will listen to my "excuses" and help me become a better healer. I don't know how WoL works in terms of uploading, but is it correct to assume that it isn't like Skada or Recount, showing the dps as soon as you finish?

Either way, here are the reports for the two times that I got to heal, the priest, Aoí is me. Btw, these are only the logs from the kills. I can do the wipes too if that's necessary.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7irejatt42bqx75w/analyze/hd/source/?s=239&e=561
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-giwddewsfyduw7rn/analyze/hd/source/?s=5129&e=5649

I
    'm not too good with WoL, so could someone also explain what HPS(e) means?
    Here's an armory link for my priest, hopefully she's in the right gear >.<
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Aoí/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%B3dos/simple <---shaman (yes I know she has the ele shoulders, blizz wouldn't give me the resto ones after i put in numerous tickets about a buggy tooltip)

feel free to rip me a new one; this non-raiding isn't fun at all.

Well your on the way. Most people won't even try to improve when they are told they are 'doing it wrong' they just normally assume other people are wrong. And really that's what you need to get better.

HPSE is Healing per Second Effective. Its the healing you actually do (not overhealing) divided by the fight length so its the average effective healing your doing.

Also looking at your logs I didn't see much wrong , you within 5 to 10% of your other healers (which is normal for my guild). But when you look at raw healing done for example morchok your restro druid did almost 50% more healing then you (and also over healed with 43% of his spells). From a pure log perspective your behind them by a perfectly acceptable amount it looks like 3 people healing a fight, but your other two healers seem to bomb people who heals who don't need them (I know resto druids typically over heal due to there HoTs but 50% seems high).

Looking at your armory you have a TON of regen (and by TON i mean twice which what our priest runs for H DS). 4k mp5 in combat unbuffed is massive. You could drop a lot of your hybrid spirit/int gems for pure int and try to pick up a second healing trinket instead of a dps one.
    Last edited by leethaxor; 12-19-2011 at 07:18 PM.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

I'm not sure much about gem/chant/what ratings you need, but the raids I have seen tend to have both one one tank, and one healer with a viable dps off spec, which was a role the boomkin seemed to take up after you left. As to two healing it, i've seen it done both ways up thru 4/8 and we only managed to get ultraxion with 2 healers instead of 3. The healer who swapped for us was only pulling around 20k dps, but it was enough to get us past the enrage, for the record I think priests have the best OS for a healer, since the VE healing compensates a tiny bit for what your giving up.

Also I would say worst case scenario, just find another guild, on most servers healers are the thing people are short on, so you can always try a different place if it isn't a good fit.

On the logs, I think it really depends on your raid situation. Did the leader boot you because you wiped with not enough healing output?

I would suggest running with disc if you're healing with a shaman and a druid in 10man. (I suppose you are going to heal in this raid again?) You should feel more comfortable with that combination than holy priest/shaman/druid.

For holy, here's my recommendation:
    Get a pair of good shoulders. But I know it's hard lol. Use your justice points to buy T12 healing leggs and the ring with spirit.
    +20 all stats on chest, 65 mastery on gloves and +50 int on bracers.
    +40 int gems on all red sockets and prismatic sockets. Replace the +40 spirit gem with +20int and +20spi one. On the leggings your gemming selection is weird. If you're not going for the socket bonus then go for 2 * 40int.

Well the principle is always int > all.

On your spec I'll recommend to drop divine touch and rapid renewal. The low usage of renew just doesn't make those points valuable. Put those in Tome of Light, which is a strong talent now since both holy word spells got buffed.

There's a great guide on plusheal.com for holy healing, you might find it helpful. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Tschus View Post
    On the logs, I think it really depends on your raid situation. Did the leader boot you because you wiped with not enough healing output?
    I was booted because as soon as we wiped, one of the officers would tell someone to send him the healing numbers, and someone would link recount/skada which would report me at 6-7k hps with the others at 10k+ hps.

I also do realize I have a LOT of spirit. During the fight in DS with the globules (can't remember the name) I'd be anywhere from 70-100% mana for most of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by chiodos View Post
    I was booted because as soon as we wiped, one of the officers would tell someone to send him the healing numbers, and someone would link recount/skada which would report me at 6-7k hps with the others at 10k+ hps.

I also do realize I have a LOT of spirit. During the fight in DS with the globules (can't remember the name) I'd be anywhere from 70-100% mana for most of the fight.
    Yeah its what I pointed out, the other healers are doing almost twice your raw healing, but most of that is over healing. One of your logs all healers were within 5% healing of each other did approx 4 mil healing each but in terms of raw 'not over healed' healing the druid did somewhere in the area of 8 million. So they look at this on skada and see
    Druid 8 million
    Shaman 7 million
    Priest 4 million

WTF priest is bad. The problem is bad players using addons for what they are not meant to be used for HPS and healing numbers during or after a fight are generally bad. Healing logs tend to be more useful for spell usage I.E. is he using CoH, PoM, etc.

But again. You have mana cooldowns when you sit at 100% mana for a while you are wasting stats that could be used for larger thoughput on regen which as you stated you don't need.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

+ Reply to Thread