Grid Layout question for Restoration Druid HoTs
I've been using healbot for years ever since I started playing, and it works just fine and has improved alot recently. I know people say it can't show as much as grid, but everything that is raid related: It can.
Anyways, on topic:
The Madness of Deathwing fight has been bugging out my healbot ever since it got released, sometimes it doesn't show the hots on people anymore, and they change over time. Sometimes I can see lifebloom on the tank, sometimes not. It's very irritating. So for that fight I have to use Grid for the time being, so I can heal efficiently.
What I have been failing to achieve with Grid are the following things:
I want the HoTs to have a countdown (number) timer IN the icon, like this, as well as showing the stacks of lifebloom:
I want to be able to sort the Raid Groups, how they show, not just by Group and Class, but also by health or role. E.g. I want the tanks to ALWAYS be on top, the healers under it, then the dps. After years and years I'm so used to both tanks being on the top right, that when they're not, I have trouble finding them (sounds stupid, but that's years of habit. Swap around a key on your keyboard, you know where the k is, imagine it's somewhere else suddenly). My position is always right under the tank, that in case I need to position Swiftmend:Effloressence at a specific spot, I can go there myself and put it down. It's all really a matter of convenience.
This is my 10man setup, I don't need to sort it by group, cause for 10 ppl I don't find it necessary.
Kaiadas and Nikael are the tanks (top right), under that is myself (Chilaili).
IF that is not possible (and I bet it's not), this would also be ok:
This one has an extra column for tanks, the other ones are sorted by group and health.
The most important things for me are for the tanks to be on the top right, and for HoTs to have a timer in the icon, yes, I need both, timer AND icon. So far I only manage to show the icon as it does here, but not a timer or lifebloom stacks.
Any help is appreciated.
Edit: This post was proved wrong.
Short answer: Grid can't do what exactly what you want. You might wanna try VuhDo instead.
Grid is not designed to work with a lot icons. Though you can expand it by using GridIndicatorIconBar, but the GridCooldownText only works on center icon. And, GridStatusHots can't display with icons. As for the layout, I believe it is doable with GridCustomLayouts. But the plug-in isn't very user friendly and since you can't get the icons working I'm not going to try that. :P
Last edited by Tschus; 12-20-2011 at 10:18 AM.
layouts I don't recall off hand. Try messing with the group anchor and layout anchors. Then maybe choose a by class layout to see if that puts the tanks how you want.
As far as cool downs and stacks go something like http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid...r-corner-icons will show both the stacks and duration. If you enable it. To enable both go the icon(coners) tab check then make sure enable icon cool down frame and enable icon stack text are checked.
Use http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/grid-cooldown-text to have text duration in the of the icon. Instead of just the spinning shadow effect.
Hope that helps.
Last edited by Geach; 12-20-2011 at 07:18 AM.
Thanks for the help, I will try out a few things and see whether I can make it work. If it doesn't I'll have a look at Vuhdo, though maybe I should just wait till healbot fixes the problem.
Thanks to Geach's post, after some more testings I finally figured out how to do that. lol, sorry I made a wrong statement about it.
Here's how to do it:
1. You'll need Grid, GridCooldownText, and an icon indicator plug-in e.g. GridInidicatorSideIcons, GridIndicatorIconBar or GridInidicatorCornerIcons. I would guess that IconBar will best suit your need.
2. Because that we can't use GridStatusHots since it doesn't output icons, we'll have to add wild growth manually to the auras that Grid tracks. Under the "Status" tab, select "Auras" and use the "Add new Buff" field to add Wild Growth.
3. In the Indicators tab, assign buff: rejuvenation, buff: regrowth, buff: lifebloom, buff: wild growth and any other auras you like to the icon indicators.
4. Go to the tab of your icon indicator and adjust the settings so it looks like what you like.
5. When I made the last post, I just can't get the cooldown text show on any other icons except the original center icon. Then I saw a comment of GridCooldownText on curse.com that says if you can't see the cooldown text and you're using OmniCC, you'll have to set the "minimum size to display text" settings in OmniCC to 0. After I did that, the cooldown text shows!
As for the layout part, I believe GridCustomLayouts could do that, and the new settings interface is quite easy to use.
I still fail to put the timers/set up the timers anywhere. I can't see the option to add them, but I did download GridCooldownText. I don't have OmniCC. I use Grid btw, not Grid 2, in case the option setup looks different.
Originally Posted by Tschus
'GridCustomLayouts' - I find it very hard to setup. There's http://www.wowace.com/addons/gridcustomlayouts/ which explain how to use it a bit, but to make it shown like:
is hard for me to figure out reading just that.
Anyways: 1. You'll need Grid, GridCooldownText, and an icon indicator plug-in e.g. GridInidicatorSideIcons, GridIndicatorIconBar or GridInidicatorCornerIcons. I would guess that IconBar will best suit your need. v Check (GridIndicatorIconBar)
2. Because that we can't use GridStatusHots since it doesn't output icons, we'll have to add wild growth manually to the auras that Grid tracks. Under the "Status" tab, select "Auras" and use the "Add new Buff" field to add Wild Growth. v Check
3. In the Indicators tab, assign buff: rejuvenation, buff: regrowth, buff: lifebloom, buff: wild growth and any other auras you like to the icon indicators. v Check (e.g. Icon 1,2,3,4 for Lifebloom,Rejuvenation,Wildgrowth,Regrowth, but NO timer option available)
4. Go to the tab of your icon indicator and adjust the settings so it looks like what you like. - The tab is called 'Icon Bar' for me, I can assign where to show the Icons, how big, opacity, spacing, x/y offset, and I can make them flash if less then 3 seconds are left, but can set no timer
Last edited by snaomi; 12-21-2011 at 04:58 AM.
Try grabbing OmniCC. I guess it needs OmniCC to work with some other icons.
GridCustomLayouts is easier by a lot now. Don't be scared by the information on the wowace page, it now has graphical setup interface. I think you'll need to use the NameList feature to achieve the layout.