+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T13 2 pc question

T13 2 pc question

I've been doing some looking around and have yet to find anything saying if it is worth it or not to use the glyph of judgement along with the 2 piece set bonus for Prot Pally T13. Obviously, given that it is only a physical absorption shield and not all around, it would not be something to use 100% of the time. But, with WoG being on a 20 second CD and Judgement hitting much harder now, would this be something worthwhile to use on some of the hard modes in Dragon Soul?

In short, the 2pc isn't worth it. But the 4 pc most certainly is so you will end up getting it anyways :P
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

If you are simply hitting Judgement whenever you need to according to the priority, Glyph of Judgement is not worth it. If you are fishing for an absorb shield to counter a large amount of burst damage, it can be worth it.

Theck did some maths on the subject, here is what he wrote on EJ:

The MATLAB sims were updated for 4.3 a few days before it went live. The Judgement glyph is still much weaker than the CS glyph in raw DPS. It's also a pretty pathetic survivability glyph; the damage boost grants you about 25 absorption per second (APS) from the increased size of Judgement bubbles (out of approximately 600 APS for the normal rotation without the glyph).

[...]

And more to the point, valuing it at a full 25 absorb per second isn't completely valid. It's not enough to change how your healers play or which heals they choose. So in practice, it will end up simply increasing overheals. Example:

Start at health H, boss hits you for X, healer tops you off with a heal of size Y>X; overheal is Y-X
    Start at health H, boss hits you for X-Z (Z absorb bubble), healer tops you off with a heal of size Y>X; overheal is Y-X+Z

This is no different than the mantra we've been repeating all expansion: total damage taken (or healing per second generated) isn't the end-all, be-all metric. You have to consider the practical effect on your survivability to properly evaluate a mechanic.

The only case where the J glyph provides a clear benefit is in a death scenario where that extra 500 absorb makes the difference between life and death. That's probably a rare situation, but it's also true that we're likely to be getting a Judgement bubble in most of our multi-second spike death scenarios. Again, worth thinking about, because the opportunity cost of dropping the CS glyph is pretty low.

I will probably still run SotR/SoT/WoG once I get 2-piece, because I feel the WoG glyph gives me a little more benefit than J will since it's controllable survivability. But I wouldn't criticize someone for using the J glyph, provided they understand why they're using it.

Thank you for the responses, I was kind of thinking something similar to Theck's post you linked, whereas it depends on how much you would hit for judgement with and more than likely the boss would have to be a melee only encounter or mostly melee for it to pass the glyph of WoG.

A couple of fights it could be good for:

If you go back to firelands...Judgement crits on the hatchlings for 300k --> 75000 damage shield
    Zon'ozz...Judgement crits for 80+k at the end of the fight --> 20k damage shield
    Madness of DW...Judgement crits on the Arm Tentacle for over 250k ---> 70000 damage shield (absorb the blood's melee swings for example)

+ Reply to Thread