+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy paladin in Spine of Deathwing

Holy paladin in Spine of Deathwing

Hello,

I play as paladin. My main spec is tank, my offspec is healer.
    We do Spine of Deathwing (10men) with 3 healers, hence I play there as holy. We struggle to heal on this battle so I guess we probably do something wrong there. I would be happy for general advice and holy paladin specific advise on this battle.

1. What is the main healing strategy for Searing Plasma? Do we have to wait for certain HP before we throw heals on players with Searing Plasma or should we always try to heal them in order to remove this debuff? The later option is very mana demanding. Is there any rule of thumb here?

2. As a holy paladin, what heals should I use there? I used mainly Divine Light and Word of Glory. Meaning, I did mostly big single target healing and not AoE healing. Is this a viable healing strategy for this battle? Should I use more AoE or perhaps Holy Light?

Thanks in advance!

if your main spec is tank, yet you heal on spine, is your group only 1 tanking it?
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    if your main spec is tank, yet you heal on spine, is your group only 1 tanking it?
    Yes, we use only one tank for this battle. You don't need more than one here.

we use 2 tanks for this fight, but then we also 2 heal it. i guess with 3 healers its better to use just one tank.

from my understanding, when searing is on someone, you start healing right off the bat with quick heals, and then once its off go back to mana efficient heals since the rest of the dmg is fairly light.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

What I found was that beacon transfers the absorbed heals from Searing Plasma. So Beacon the tank, heal the plasma targets.

We 3 heal - 1 tank on ten man.

We use 1 tank and 2 healers.

You can set up most healing addons very easily to show Searing Plasma and how much it has left. One key thing is to not overheal break it. If you get an 80k Divine Light and only 20k of it goes to breaking the Searing Plasma you have wasted alot.

Glyph Beacon of Light and swap it around. What I do is when 2 people have Searing Plasma on them I use BoL on one of them whilst healing the other to break it. Instead of doing 1 at a time you are then doing 1.5-2 at a time.

I use pretty much only Holy Light on them, because of the 100% transfer freeing 2 people at the same rate. There is no rush to break it really, as long as it is all removed before the Alg gets to 9 stacks it is fine.

We 1 tank and 3 heal the fight and I heal it as a Holy Pally. Basically, the tank does not take a lot of damage compared to other fights, so I'm basically healing with Holy Radiance, Holy Shock for Holy Power and to proc Infusions of Light so I can get off a quick Divine Light or Holy Radiance. I also use glyphed Light of Dawn liberally. The other healers were a Disc Priest and a Shammy. Normally we'd have 2 Shammies, but the Holidays get in the way.

I start throwing Divine Lights on the Searing Plasma target as soon as I see the raid icon in healbot. If you get lucky with some crits it's really just about three Divine Lights and a WoG thrown in. Also, Aura Mastery during the nuke is nice.

+ Reply to Thread