+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Holy Paladin DS LFR help

Holy Paladin DS LFR help

Hello, everyone. After getting a ton of useful insight for my warrior from you guys, I need advice once again. My gf plays a Holy Pally and while her healing is unmatched in the 4.3.0 HCs, when we queued up for the DS LFR last night, she experienced issues with her healing. Everyone knows that healing in a 25 man raid is incredibly hard, but are there any gear/talent/glyph/enchant/anything changes she can make to up her game even further, especially after a few skills (like Holy Radiance, if I'm not mistaken) got changed with the new patch? Also, if possible, what's a great rotation to hit major overall healing percentages for something as chaotic as the LFR raid?

Here's her armory link, thank you in advance.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...laralia/simple

If I were to actually look at meters for LFR healing, I'd see somewhere in the area of 40-70% overhealing most of the time. Simply put you are sticking six healers who may be capable of significantly higher throughput, and then finding at the end of the fight the person who topped the meter only did 9k HPS simply because there wasn't enough damage to heal.

Topping the healing charts in LFR is simply a matter of cooldown usage and sniping heals. Your Holy Paladin friend may be trying to heal the tank, but everytime their heal finishes casting the tank requires little to no healing cause there is an Earthshield, Riptide, Prayer of Mending, Living Seed, Renew, Regrowth, Regrowth, Lifebloomx3, Lifebloomx3, Lifebloomx3, Wild Growth, Wild Growth, Rejuvenation, Rejuvenation, Rejuvenation, Power Word: Shield, Efflorescence, and Efflorescence on the tank (cause every healer is trying to look good and knows they can always be healing the tank cause the tank takes consistent damage).

Think of it this way. LFR is tuned to require three (some fights could probably get by with two) healers, you have six. The other three are there just in case people take more damage than necessary (which is definately possible with LFR).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

A couple of things, which aren't really a major deal, but personally I enchant Intellect on my bracers and Peerless stats on my chest; also on the boots, while I'm a Haste junky on my Pally, I use Lavawalker on the boots for the speed increase. These are really personal perferences.

For her Spec, I prefer 2 points in Last Word and 0 in Blessed Life. Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, Divine Light on her Beacon all will give a Holy Power no reason to rely on being hit. I also go 2 into Eternal Glory over 2 in Improved Judgments. Word of Glory can hit like a truck and costs no mana and having a 30% chance to get another one for free is great.

Q is right, if she's just looking to heal the tanks then she's going to get sniped. In LFR, I beacon the tank and will be throwing out a lot of Holy Radiance's and Light of Dawns. Holy Shocking liberally to gain Holy Power and to proc an Infusion of Light.

The last Madness of DW I did in LFR we had 5 healers doing about 18k hps (more than enough damage flying around) and a druid doing 8k. But that fight is really the only one with a lot of sustained raid damage. Other than that it's normally 9 -12k hps if all the healers are doing their jobs.

Personally, I wouldn't even be concerned with trying to look good on healing metres. It's not really important at all. If the boss is dead and the raid is alive(barring people who did things like stand in the sludge on morchok etc), then job done.

When it comes to general rotations, all I can really say is to beacon the current tank and then just heal whoever needs it. If no-one else needs healing I usually stick to holy shocking the tank on cooldown, using HL/DL (whichever is appropriate depending on tank health) as filler. Aoe healing comes down to HS - HRx2 - LoD spam.

I would recommend that she change her meta to Burning Shadowspirit Diamond, it was changed recently to just increased critical effect, which includes healing. It also has the better activation of only requiring red gems, rather than yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    A couple of things, which aren't really a major deal, but personally I enchant Intellect on my bracers and Peerless stats on my chest; also on the boots, while I'm a Haste junky on my Pally, I use Lavawalker on the boots for the speed increase.
    Definitely agree here, although for some reason I didn't enchant my current bracers with Int heh. Better go change that. The speed enchants to boots is something I've always felt should be required for raiding, means you can run out of stuff a bit quicker, and less time spent moving is more time spent healing!

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    For her Spec, I prefer 2 points in Last Word and 0 in Blessed Life. Holy Shock, Crusader Strike, Divine Light on her Beacon all will give a Holy Power no reason to rely on being hit. I also go 2 into Eternal Glory over 2 in Improved Judgments. Word of Glory can hit like a truck and costs no mana and having a 30% chance to get another one for free is great.
    Blessed life is something that I've generally seen recommended to have at least 1 point in, especially for DS it gets triggered fairly often. The downside I've noticed is that I'll be sitting on 2 holy power, casting HR, blessed life will trigger and I'll essentially waste the holy power from casting HR. Been considering dropping the point, but haven't really decided yet or where I'd put that point. Tend to use LoD more over WoG in 25s, so the extra point in Eternal Glory doesn't really seem worth it to me.

Ka Pai, GMT+12 recruiting now!

Spec:
    Spec is pretty good, however 2 points in Judgement Range and Blessed Life is overkill. I would put it one from each of those talents into Eternal Glory. 1/2 in Blessed Life and 1/2 in Improved Judgement is more than enough, and whilst yes you get much more use from Light of Dawn these days, Word of Glory still has uses on some fights and having EG proc is awesome when that happens. Blessed Life is definitly useful, but not worth 2 points imo.

Glyphs:
    I wouldn't reccomend glyphing Light of Dawn in a 25 man raid, however the rest looks good.

Gear:
    I'd put Lavawaker on Boots, 50 Intellect on Bracers, 20 stats on chest and Heartsong on Weapon.
    One thing I also think you should consider is replacing the meta gem in your head for +54 Intellect +3% Crit Effect, it is very strong.
    Other than that everything looks good.

I personally went for 50 haste on boots, I find that with Divine Protection on a 30 second cooldown, I have that sprint up any time I need it.

Once again, quality advice, just as expected from you guys. Thank you very much, I'll tell her to look into the things you said.

I'm used to healing DS 10 man, where having mana free WoGs to throw around is nice; but thinking about what I do in LFR what you all say makes sense.

It really doesn't matter what you do in LFR because you have 2-3 times the amount of healers that are actually required.

+ Reply to Thread