+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Indomitable Pride

Indomitable Pride

+687 Stamina
    Equip:
    Attacks which reduce your health below 50% grant you an absorb shield equal to 50% of the damage done by the attack for 6 sec. This effect cannot trigger more often than once every 60 sec.

It's a stam trinket, but dang it's a good one. The fact it procs at only 50% health is pretty nice too.

What fights do you think it's worth wearing on?

If you can maintain CTC, all of them.

It looks really good and I intend to add it to my standard tanking outfit, can't think of a time I wouldn't want a huge damage shield. I think the ICD was pretty low, too. Of course there could be some wacky mathematic reason why it sucks, I make no claims as to understand all the numbers in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

I have the Raid Finder version on my DK and I like it; I paired with the VP Mastery trinket. I can only imagine how beastly that trinket would be on my Pally with full CTC.

Quote Originally Posted by outbackjack View Post
    It looks really good and I intend to add it to my standard tanking outfit, can't think of a time I wouldn't want a huge damage shield. I think the ICD was pretty low, too. Of course there could be some wacky mathematic reason why it sucks, I make no claims as to understand all the numbers in this game.
    The damage shield is only big if a big hit takes you below 50% HP. If you're at 60%, and a boss hits you for some piddly 40k damage hit, it's only a 20k absorption effect.

That said, I still think it's a really good trinket.
    Kathy, I said, "I'm lost" though I knew she was sleeping
    I'm empty and aching and I don't know why
    Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike
    They've all gone to look for America

As a death knight I'm probably giving up more in shields from the ~400 mastery I could be wearing.

For a CTC capped paladin, I bet it would be ridiculously good. Although I think to get CTC without a trinket you probably need 390+ ilvl with mastery/avoidance on every piece. (Maybe less if you spend a fortune on gems, plus food and elixirs of the master.)

Like for Zon'ozz I don't think this is probably better than what I have...unless my healers are really specifically trying to keep me above 50% it's probably not going to be up when his stacks get high and that's when I need it the most. Plus I like my mirror and my VP trinket, both of which can be activated when the drain comes and when the heavy damage comes, and both have mastery.

Depending on function, could be beastly for DK.

Quick napkin math.... 100k hit. Gain 50k shield after that hit... plus if follow that up with a deathstrike and reasonable mastery, 20k heal plus at least 20k shield.

The downside?
    1) Proc rate is once per 60 sec. With it set for 50%, you could very well see this kick in sooner than you like. The 35% mark really is a bit of a sweet spot for most tanks as, if we dip THAT low, we really want to have something covering our hides. 50% health.... not quite at "oh crap!' stage yet. I'm definitely a little anxious and starting to hover on my cooldowns at that point, but not to the point where I'm trippin'.

For a seasoned tank/healer combo though, this will go a long way to making things seem smooth.

2) Post shield deathstrikes. Shield pops.... say in the previous example. 50k shield. Next few hits eat into that.... now here's the big question......

Does this affect the function of deathstrike's heals and subsequent blood shield?

Reasonably... if it absorbs 50k damage, that's 50k less towards my 5 sec damage total for any death strike following this effect. That nerfs deathstrikes following this proc.

Now... what this trink would be COMPLETELY SEXY for?........

PvP
    No one tanks in a void.........

I figure 7.2 Death Strikes a minute (1 rune / 10 seconds * 60 seconds * 20% increase from imp BP) with no runic empowerment, so maybe 8-9 if all runes started on cooldown. But how much shielding is 400 mastery worth? Anyone know?

I have a hunch really really good tanks could game this to be amazing, but if that shield gets chewed up earlier you're on your own for the next 60 seconds.

Although the more time there is between tank swaps the better it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylae View Post
    I figure 7.2 Death Strikes a minute (1 rune / 10 seconds * 60 seconds * 20% increase from imp BP) with no runic empowerment, so maybe 8-9 if all runes started on cooldown. But how much shielding is 400 mastery worth? Anyone know?
    Google tells me 15% +/- 1% (given a value of 25.78 rating = 1 point)

The other tricky thing about this trinket?
    The size of the hit that drops you below 50%. Say, you have a DoT of some sort on you, and take a big hit that drops you to 51%... but then that DoT drops you to 49%.....the resulting shield is mehworthy.

There's good and bad with this trink. Great for spike damage. Crap for lots of little hits.

Edit: Fight like Baleroc? Awesome. I would LOVE to see someone use this on Baleroc just to see the ridiculous shielding.
    Last edited by Leucifer; 12-14-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Can you reforge the stamina to mastery?

And it actually is probably good for Morchok and Yor'sahj....between the tank swaps and the phases they're not swinging, it's probably back up the next time you need it. Morchok's sunder + hit would probably set it off too.

Negative. Only secondary stats and Spirit (which has kind of become a secondary stat) can be reforged. Primary stats can't be reforged.

What would interest me is how it would work at Madness of Deathwing with the second Impale. Specifically whether it would give me a 300-400K absorb shield if I use Ardent Defender to survive a second Impale on the final platform or not (the ~230k the impale would do before the AD kicked in would give you a nice 120k shield on its own, mind).

60s icd so it won't procc twice on one two subsequent impales. The real risks of it:
    a) healers don't paying attention for a second and you get your absorb shield when you regulary don't really need it.
    b) that 5k dottick brings you from 51% to 49%, yay! -.-

I have the LFR version only, I can't get it to drop from our guild runs . I did get soulshifter vortex though just now :P.

But I really like this trinket, CTC capped needs to be done without a mastery trinket though, but I think everyone here is at that point.
    Galook - Dwarf Paladin - US Nazgrel

Its nice on our morchok hc tries it procced about every 80 secs for average of 36k absorb, one try it averaged 50k absorbs even. (Morchok hits for about 100k regular block after stomp and stomps also hit for 120kish or so)

I got the lfr soulshifter vortex, does it have a ~90 sec ICD? Hit the dummy for a few minutes and the proc is amazing but too much time between procs for my liking, if only it was on use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    What would interest me is how it would work at Madness of Deathwing with the second Impale. Specifically whether it would give me a 300-400K absorb shield if I use Ardent Defender to survive a second Impale on the final platform or not (the ~230k the impale would do before the AD kicked in would give you a nice 120k shield on its own, mind).
    Because your other tank would be taunting right away, your incoming damage is only from the impale explosion, so that will trigger the absorb shield, but it won't do anything for you.

However our strat has us eating that Bolt on the last platform (doing blue last). So I use raid wall just as the Bolt comes, which covers me for the impale that comes shortly after, our other tank taunts and the DPS clean up the bolt. So I have that absorb shield active to help with the pulsing bolt damage, since I'm already low from the impale explosion, I find it very helpful.

Beyond that I find myself able to use the Indom trinket and still remain CTC capped passive. After seeing the fights I think stamina will hold more value than more avoidance after passive CTC cap, so it allows me to start heading in that direction. I initially thought that slowly starting to change out my gems from pure mastery stacking to hybrids with stam or pure stam in blues would be good. But straight up putting on this massive stam trinket is a quicker net gain. I can start changing out gems as I get more gear with base stats to maintain passive CTC.

I'm rocking Indom + Fire of the Deep (VP trink) and I'm not seeing a need to change them out for much. I may drop Fire of the Deep for Yorsh heroic and put on the Tol Barad resist, because those stacks are all shadow damage. There may be a few more fights I haven't looked at where the resist would prove better than an on use Dodge.

Basically Ive come to the conclusion that the only 3 trinkets I need are Indom, Fire of Deep, and Mirror.
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

I was going through our world of logs and the tooltip for the buff, called Indomitable, states that it is a shield against only physical attacks. Is any one else seeing this? and i was going through the logs of ultrraxion and i noticed the shield wasnt procing off of the twighlight. So i think the tooltip is incorrect on the trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by sabins View Post
    I was going through our world of logs and the tooltip for the buff, called Indomitable, states that it is a shield against only physical attacks. Is any one else seeing this? and i was going through the logs of ultrraxion and i noticed the shield wasnt procing off of the twighlight. So i think the tooltip is incorrect on the trinket.
    Really now? Haven't gotten IP yet but in light of this...if it really does only shield against physical attacks, then IP just lost a fair chunk of value IMO. Can anyone else confirm?

did some more testing and endup dueling a amge to get it to proc, and i was correct the shield only abosrbs physical damage.

+ Reply to Thread