+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Blood and Thunder (Thunderclap Miss)

Blood and Thunder (Thunderclap Miss)

Since Blood and Thunder was first introduced Thunderclap would refresh/apply rend regardless if the attack hit or missed. In 4.3 I've noticed a TC miss no longer reapplies or spreads rend. Was this mentioned in any patch notes as an an intentional change? I could see this as another potential carrot to force tanks into thinking about hit/expertise, but its made maintaining rend even more of a hassle.

It was not in the patch notes, It wasn't really all that suprising they fixed it. I really don't see that its that hard to keep up, sure its a small DPS loss to occasional have to rend instead of Devastating, but if you're finding that much of a chore jsut don't bother rending, its not gonna cripple your single target threat. With the threat modifyer you're still going to hold aggro even if you choose not to rend, the base Modyfier is so big and rend is a small portion of our damage, and frees up points out of BnT in single target to pick up points elsewhere. Prot warriors Rend for higher DPS. If Rend is making the difference to you holding or losing aggro on a single target fight, something somewhere else is going catastrophically wrong.

If they wanted to push tanks into threat stats they wouldn't make interuptes auto connect, and they wouldn't have boosts the threat modifyer to the TC>AFK levels it is right now, nor would they have buffed the vengeance stack rate. TC's base miss chance is 17%? so we're talking 1 in 5 roughtly so we'll have to reapply rend once per minute? not much of a nerf.
    Last edited by Tengenstein; 12-12-2011 at 11:00 PM.

Didn't they changed TC to ranged hit instead of spellhit? Don't qoute me on it though

TC was ranged in 4.2, not sure what it is now. I know it procs the stacking dodge trinket, where as shockwave does not.

ok so 8% miss chance rather than 17% 1 rend every 4 minutes.... even less of a nerf

+ Reply to Thread