+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin tier 12 4 piece vs tier 13 2 piece

Paladin tier 12 4 piece vs tier 13 2 piece

Just got 2 tokens for my paladin tanking tier 13 today and was wondering if it would be worth replacing and losing my tier 12 4 piece or should I wait until i get my tier 13 4 piece. I just think the extra parry after I use my Divine Protection might be better than the absorb from my judgement. Here is my current armory link:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...sable/advanced

Also if i do take the 2 piece tier 13 should I take the Arbiter of Light Talent as well as the Seals of the Pure talent since this will increase the damage of my Judgement.

The T13 2set is actually quite nice, it is especially nice on a fight like Zon'ozz or Madness of Deathwing where I have seen a 30-70k shield (you do double (or higher) damage resulting in massive judgements). It is also a pure stats upgrade over the 378 tier depending on which pieces you won (raid finder or normal mode). Especially if you are block capped when raid buffed, which if I am frank you should be ), the pure stats upgrade makes it worth it.

As for talents:

Eternal Glory is a fairly mediocre dps talent as you can no longer cast two WoGs back-to-back. Put the points from it into Seals of the Pure (threat talent that actually increases your threat). Hallowed Ground is another threat talent that really is not that good, I would put the points into Improved Judgement, I have lost count of the amount of times that having a 30yd range on Judgement has actually saved lives. Eye for an Eye is about a 2% damage increase for two talent points, I would put one of its points into Rule of Law (for an additional 5% crit to CS and WoG) and one into Reckoning (increases your threat and windwalker uptime as this is a ppm based enchant).

I would change the WoG Prime Glyph to Crusader Strike for single target tanking (99% of Dragon Soul and most of Firelands), you can't use WoG more often that 2-3 HoPo cycles anyway (plus you shouldn't really need it more often than that either )

Sorry to Necro, but this thread is covering the same subject matter. I'm running Ret currently with 2 t12 and 2 t13(LFR) tier pieces (T12 chest/hands, t13 head/legs), and I just got a the t13(LFR) chest token. Is in worth the loss of my t12 2-pc set bonus to upgrade my chest to t13 set chest without being able to get to the 4-pc bonus at this time?

Thanks!

SJ

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ughti/advanced

Technically it isn't the same subject matter, because you are talking about ret gear and not tanking gear

Regardless, our retri pala was glad to get the 397 2set bonus over his 391 T12 4set gear.

+ Reply to Thread