+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Affliction Warlock dps output problem

Affliction Warlock dps output problem

Having trouble getting my dps up to a descent level with my affliction lock. Would be happy with some tips how to get the dps up. Probably I'm running with wrong rotations. My gear is up to Cata epic, think i have a pretty good starting set. However the dps is much to low.
    Feels like I'm not the only one with this problem, run into them all the time when tanking hc's and raids from other locks. Locks feels hard to keep track of, but still one of the most fun ranged dps I have been running.

Anyone have any good tips about rotations, gems... well basically anything that could be useful I would be extremly greatful.

Andis Kisser

All I can really do is link the EJ guide: http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t112939-...m_4_2_release/

Maybe if you post your armory and give us a rundown of the rotation you're using, some veteran warlocks (cough Agg) could help out with some stuff.

One of the main problems I Have when running HCs is that things generally don't live long enough to ramp up the DPS as Aff, so most HC trash just doesn't have enough time to get CoE up, shadow and flame up, and then your dots and then fully stack shadow's embrace before it's dead. HC bosses aren't much better since the execute phase tend to last all of about 10 seconds.

Its not very hard to keep track off stuff with the right UI elements, I use a combination of NeedToKnow and PowerAuras

The very basics of aff lock single target DPS is this:
    haunt -> shadowbolt for crit debuff -> UA -> Corruption -> Bane of Doom -> shadow bolt spam -> haunt on cooldown (the spell's cooldown, not the debuff duration) -> keep UA up -> continue shadow bolt spam -> refresh doom after a minute.

Stat weight -> Int = Hit (until cap) >> Haste > Crit >> Mastery

Can you link your armory? Is your DPS bad on trash in 5 mans... or what are you DPSing? What are you considering "bad" DPS?

Also with aff, using cooldowns is very important. If you're not using demon soul, any trinkets you may not have, potions, or doomguard, then that may be why your DPS isn't as high as it should be.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

I've been having kind of the same issue with my Affli Lock. I used to be Destro then a friend and I went over Affli and it's DPS output.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Minimac/simple
    That's my armory(I think)

My usual DPS output with Affliction is around 12-15k on bosses. Around 7-9k for mobs. I just ran a raid with another Affli Lock and he was pushing 25-30k DPS on everything.

Read the EJ guide which Sebadoh linked in the #2 post first.

You have a lot unenchanted items and PvP items, those are bad. Your hit is over 17%, which is the cap for raid boss. If you're only doing 5man content then 6% is enough. Try to get more haste.
    You don't have Dark Arts in your spec, that's a huge dps loss. Well I hope you're using felhunter.

+ Reply to Thread