+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior Tank looking for a checkup & advice before moving onto Ultraxion

Warrior Tank looking for a checkup & advice before moving onto Ultraxion

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ktank/advanced

Hi guys, im moving onto ultraxion this weekend just looking for a check up and wondering what trinkets i should use for this fight as you can see the ones ive got equiped....
    plus i also have
    [Stay of Execution]
    [Scales of life]
    [Moonwell phial]

(plus im trying to get the one from the new hc at the end boss) which is stam dodge i think.
    Im currently in my 5man spec as the single target one ive had to play about with im not worried about that as it will be sorted tonight/tomorrow.

Anyother helpfull info about the fight would be great !

Thanks in advance for any help on this

Also is there something i can use to make the Fading light debuff alot more visable...ie the count down from it ?

oh also... (sry it wont let me edit) Should i be Ghyphing shield wall or not.....im thinking not...

tytytyty

I use power auras to give show the debuff when its duration is blow 5 seconds. its pretty customizable in how it can show it, I go for a unique sound effect and a giant glowing "PUSH THE BUTTON" in the middle of my screen

For some reason anytime I try to look at a character on the euro armory it redirects me to the stupid Christmas specials from blizzard page and won't let me navigate off.

Ultraxion isn't bad at all from a tanking standpoint. Don't glyph shieldwall though. Normally I will shield wall the first Hour of twilight, last stand + shield block second... then alternate thereafter. Whoever is main tanking it is pretty much tanking the boss 80% of the time though so definitely best to have the better geared tank pull the boss. Really once you get comfortable with the fight it's kinda dull and you should try to maximize your damage as much as you can cause it will be a huge help to the healers in the end. Also don't forget to throw out a shattering throw when you come back from fading light.

Fire and Scales probably, or double stam. You don't need CTC for the fight, Shield block lasts longer than its CD.

Shield block does nothing for Hour of twilight.

You can survive hour of twilight with just the spell reduction part of shieldblock its quite nice.

I'm pushing 20-21k dps as prot warrior 100% uptime on shieldblock helps for juicy shieldslams with regular tankset. I'm considering using the mastery/strength on use trinket from avengers of hyjal and maybe a little more hit/expertise to push my dps more. Doesn't seem to be much tankdamage going out but I'm slightly overgeared (average 391 itemlvl).

We've been doing it with 2 tanks but it's possible to solotank it if you lack dps (also nice if the other tank nubs up and dies). If you use heroic will about 1 sec before fading light ends and taunt right after you won't loose aggro. Can alternate shieldwall and shieldblock for hour of twilight or just take half of the hours with shieldwall and let the other tank take the other half which is a little saver. I see no need to glyph shieldwall.

Ok, so as stated above, SB gets a 100% uptime, so it doesn't mater as much what trinkets you use as far as pushing CTC go. Personally I'd use Stay of Executions since it's the only trinket available that will actually mitigate HOT. So basically If you're solo tanking this, you're going to rotate Shield Wall, Last Stand/Enraged Regen and, Stay of Execution if SW doesn't come back up in time (remember to SW early, it has a doubled up-time and you want it back off CD asap).

I would highly recommend getting an addon to track the debuff, especially since the fight glitches from time to time and your debuff timer goes invisible.

Don't get Glyph of Sheild wall if you're soloing the HOT's, just make sure you get a top off before every one and pop CD's appropriately.

What do you mean if shield wall doesn't come back up in time? Shieldwall has a 60 second CD on this fight and you need it once every 90 seconds. Last stand is the one that often gets close with a 90 second cooldown on that fight, the 5 second cast time on hour of twilight gives you plenty of buffer to make sure it's off cooldown every time.

My main brain fart was using shield block when I taunted off my offtank, then not having it available for hour of twilight when i last stand. It's like a 10 second window between when you taunt from the OT and when HoT goes off so make sure to save your shieldblock when you return from your HoT.

Sorry, I got those two mixed up. Point was that it is possible for your CD's to get messed up, and (to my knowledge) Stay of Execution is the best trinket for surviving a HOT if your CD's are un-available.

+ Reply to Thread