+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wiping on Warlord Zon'ozz

Wiping on Warlord Zon'ozz

Tank: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/mannoroth/Grawmad/advanced
    T
    his week's embarrassing WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/fcnbcqprzrenkmdz/
    L
    ast week's WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2tx1uea44ck8km5m/ , http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/vllairrgf7vrrtxc/

TL;DR: Our tank keeps dying on Warlod Zon'ozz and Warlord Blackhorn, what is going on?

Hi there, my (tiny) guild currently has 6 regulars and we end up having pug 3 healers and a dps. The first week of raiding, we were able to get him down doing 5 bounces and I believe it made it tight at the end. Our luck with 7 has been touch and go, mainly because our paladin tank dies. So far, this week, we tried with 7 which turned into a few wipes, then dropped to 5 which still ended up in wipes but we were able to go a little longer... so we brought it back up to 7 because the healers seemed to be able to handle it. The 5 bounce wipes had appeared to be just some execution hiccups. Whatever we tried, however, the tank continued to die.

I'm looking for assistance because, at this point, it's embarrassing that an easy boss is giving us this much trouble. I've tried looking through WoL and sometimes our tank does not get any direct heals for too long and sometimes he takes a hit of the ball (which are some of the execution wipes). I have come to the conclusion that the healers are just not healing properly because I can't seem to find anything really wrong with our tank's tanking. He also kept dying on Blackhorn last week, which again, I feel is a healing issue. Any help with that would also be appreciated because, frankly, we're at a loss.
    Last edited by Guaguasi; 12-10-2011 at 04:08 PM.

It is a very healing intense fight after Morchok & Yor'sahj. I concur with your assessment of the logs. we had a similar problem the first time we did the fight.we found it was best to have a dedicated tank healer and have him stand off to the side and basically not involve himself withe the tennis mechanics, and keep the tank topped off to the oint that he's not giung to die to psychic drain melee combo.

Don't push for seven bounces, do 5-3-3-3, it also helps if you can use a DK Tank for the lazors he uses right after the transition(reduces the burst damage by a lot)
    (Also, assuming you're 2 tanking on Blackhorn, make sure the tanks are rotating for Devastate, and get ready to blow some CDs towards the end of the fight, it gets -very- healing intensive)
    Last edited by soujv91; 12-14-2011 at 10:42 AM.

Thanks for the replies! We raided again monday but our regular tanks couldn't make it due to finals/family so we pugged a couple. We tried the same strat again to see if it was possibly the tank of if pugging healers is just a horrible idea in general. It was the latter. Even trying Tengenstein's way, they kept dropping the ball (though a couple were probably due to not backpedaling). We then tried a suggestion from one of the pugged dps to just do just 3 bounces. It felt like a cake walk. We might try 5-3* tonight, but if it doesn't work out, we'll most likely stick to 3s all the way. Again, thanks a lot!<br>

I would say its more of a healer error. Looking at tank death's he was only taking 50k or so a melee, then falling down. Healers really have to adjust and the tank has to make sure he using cool downs very actively. 50k melee's aren't that bad as we see him hit well over 110k.

Also the void diffusion that hit your tank a pretty big no-no, make sure you group is adjusting so they are not hitting the tank because once its as large as 70k it will be a tank death.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Is the tank staying in range of the healers who stay out with the ranged? The issue we run into sometimes is that the tank wanders a bit far back and gets out of helper heal range. We keep two healers with the range, but one or both will usually help out on the tank as needed. We tend not to pigeonhole our healers to pure tank or raid, but rather just assign primary responsibilities with all of us lending a hand where needed.

+ Reply to Thread