Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Morchok Heroic tips & tricks

Quote Originally Posted by Pagezero View Post
    almost seems to be it is the tank and the closest person to the tank that takes double damage
    In latest PTR build, the tooltip of the ability now says exactly that... so I wonder if that is how it always worked.

Quote Originally Posted by swelt View Post
    In latest PTR build, the tooltip of the ability now says exactly that... so I wonder if that is how it always worked.
    If thats the case then all of those ridiculous wipes on Heroic Morchok that night would make SOOO much more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

That is indeed the way it works on live. Our holy pally was soaking and standing in front of the ranged dps not stacked on the tank and he still soaked

We tank Heroic Morchok ten man with two healers on each side. We use a DK tank for the side Korchok (or whatever his name is) is on, and a Warrior tank on the side Morchok is on. Left side, respectively facing the boss as you start the encounter before the split is the easier side, as he doesn't spawn crystals as fast, so there is less moving around. You generall want more ranged than melee to split for the crystals. We use a rogue on one side and a DK who pops into blood presence for double stomp/Paladin for the harder side. We have the side tanking Morchok take the first crystal spawn, and have the other side drag Korchok away quickly to get into position before his crystals start spawning. Having /range on and setting it to 20yds is safe (25 yards is not an option/28 however is to far) so ranged knows to be in the 25 yard range after stacking on crystals.

Another mechanic that can be used if a DK dps is taking double stomps is channeling AotD after the stomp for the dmg reduction while being healed back up.
    Also, the DK tank has the 4 piece Vampiric Blood raid heal boost/health boost used for after double stomps if the DK/Pally is too low on health. If the Warrior tank has the 4 piece he has an armor boost CD for raid/Druids have healing boosts on their 4 pieces as well.
    Other than that make sure you have the ability to battle rez on both sides and that heroism is popped simultaneously on both sides when called for (generally after the Earthen Vortex is over right around 20% health left on boss), or it will not reach both sides.
    Heads I lose, tails I lose? Quick, give that coin to one of those annoying street performers.

Stomp appears to ignore armour.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by klausi View Post
    Secondary stomp soaker: it's physical damage so bringing a plate wearer over a "high hp class", likely with a shield (= holy paladin, because all non tanking classes should have a similar amount of hitpoints of 150k ish)... unless you got a rogue.
    Only 1 of you can be right! Which is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    since when?
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

Quote Originally Posted by leethaxor View Post
    since when?
    Since never. It definitely is affected by armor:

[20:38:19.445] Morchok Stomp <Holy Paladin> 56001 (A: 10858) = Total of 66859
    [20:38:19.445] Morchok Stomp <Resto Druid> 77275 (A: 8757) = Total of 86023

and

[20:38:32.705] Morchok Stomp <Elemental Shaman> 67950 (A: 2888) = Total of 70838
    [20:38:32.705] Morchok Stomp <Resto Druid> 86032 = Total of 86032
    [20:38:32.705] Morchok Stomp <Frost DK> 63355 (A: 12262) = Total of 75617

Clearly the amount of armor you have affects the amount of damage you take (holy paladin has more armor than the ele shaman who has more armor than the frost dk who has more armor than the resto druid).

Kohcrom's stomp might do less damage than Morchok's though...

[20:27:47.656] Kohcrom Stomp resto druid 77665
    [20:27:47.656] Kohcrom Stomp ret pala 68239
    [20:27:47.656] Kohcrom Stomp prot pala 104397 -- probably had a 20% cooldown up
    [20:27:47.656] Kohcrom Stomp moonkin 65861
    [20:27:47.656] Kohcrom Stomp dk in blood spec 57629 (A: 22068) -- probably had a cooldown running

moonkin has similar armor to a ret pala, both have more armor than a resto druid.

It is entirely possible for Morchock to throw his crystal outside the invisible boundries of the raid, thus making impossible to get close enough to neutralise the crystal explosion.

Bastard.

I actually need some advice/help. My guild is starting on Morchock 10 man heroic. I am a rogue soaker with a bear tank. We had nothing but wipes. My problem is when the stomp would go out I would fient before and still get one shotted. The raid was blameing me for our failures but I was doing everything I was suppost to and ever thing I have read and watched upon doing the fight. Can anyone explain possible reasons to why I died? Even after the feint was active.

Using feint will easily let you survive the stomp soak, so possible reasons for your deaths:

- You didn't actually feint (fat-fingered, on cooldown, not enough energy, etc)
    - You feinted for Morchok's stomp but you were on Kochrom
    - You feinted too late and the spell did not go off in time due to latency
    - You somehow pulled aggro and it wasn't stomp that killed you

Do you have a world of logs link to see what actually happened?
    Last edited by Oratory; 04-05-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim209 View Post
    I actually need some advice/help. My guild is starting on Morchock 10 man heroic. I am a rogue soaker with a bear tank. We had nothing but wipes. My problem is when the stomp would go out I would fient before and still get one shotted. The raid was blameing me for our failures but I was doing everything I was suppost to and ever thing I have read and watched upon doing the fight. Can anyone explain possible reasons to why I died? Even after the feint was active.
    Are the other members of your group running to the crystal too fast? We had the issue early on becuase the three others in the group would bolt to the crystal leaving only the tank and the soaker within 25 yards. You need to coordinate with the tank moving the big lumbering boss with the people moving to the crystals. We now have the tanks tell people when to move incase there's a stomp coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    Are the other members of your group running to the crystal too fast? We had the issue early on becuase the three others in the group would bolt to the crystal leaving only the tank and the soaker within 25 yards. You need to coordinate with the tank moving the big lumbering boss with the people moving to the crystals. We now have the tanks tell people when to move incase there's a stomp coming.
    This would be my vote... the people yelling at you are likely the cause of the problem. Either that or your timing on feint is way off.

I actually feint right at the half way of the cast bar when he casts stomp should I do it earlier?

No world of logs actually. I push the fient button about half way from casting stomp.

Quote Originally Posted by Takethecake View Post
    This would be my vote... the people yelling at you are likely the cause of the problem. Either that or your timing on feint is way off.
    But... If only the rogue and bear were in the stomp (because the raid ran too quickly to the crystal), im quite sure the bear would die as well, not just the rogue.
    If only the rogue is dying, its probably something to do with feint, or maybe he has a crystal beam on him as well? (a typical thing i see in normal mode pugs i do with my alt is people ignoring the crystals completely, and this would likely prove fatal in even a nerfec heroic morchok)
    Either way it seems a bit odd, our rogue hardly needs to feint since the nerfs came out, he wont die with just a stomp anymore.

The rRogue probably will die if he and the bear 2 man the stomp, not so sure bout the bear. stomp is 750k damage split by the number of peeps in it, with the tank and his hand holder taking double damage. With just 2 peeps soaking that kinda cancels out. With the 15% nerf we're talking a 637.5k hit. Take 10% off for demo roar is 573.75k, as a Rogue I get maybe 35% damage reduction from armour, thats a 373k hit without Feint. With Feint, assuming you don't have Enveloping Shadows (No PVE rogue should) thats 186.5k hit. The Bear on the other hand eats the same 573.75k hit, but he has 18% dmage reduction in Bear Form taking it down to a 470.27k, and then his armour which I guesstimate is at least 60% damage reduction, which would take it down to a 188k hit. So about the same damage on each. I haven't been watching my healthpool inside DS as a rogue, But i think 186k would prolly be a one shot. As a Bear you would likely survive unless your undergeared for the HC. I think you have 190k in 378 gear fully buffed...maybe not, I don't know, I don't play bears at end game.

I think Theotherone has it sussed, you want 5 people soaking each stomp.and i don't think you have that. We had alot of problems with our OT and the stomps/crystal timing. the easiest way i had of explaining it to him was, everyone run at the crystals as soon as their thrown out. Your 3 crystal soakers should be hugging the crystal, the tank should be a few yards away, prefferaby facing the crystal with he boss in between, the other crystal soaker should be closest to the tank andd be so close to the bosses but you could kiss the tank through his legs. as long as everyone's moving its fine, if peeps are just standing their Deepsing then your screwed either way.