+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clarification on resto haste

Clarification on resto haste

I was wondering if someone could clarify my confusion on resto Druid haste break points. So the big one to shoot for is 2005 if I am correct. So should I have our resto Druid shoot for 2005 unbuffed or is the 2005 including raid buffs?

We have a resto shaman and a lock that gives our Druid DI.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

No (persistent) buffs increase Haste Rating, they increase Haste directly. And the 2005 assumes certain raid buffs are present providing some haste. To figure out your haste break points for the buffs you have in your raid, consult TreeCalcs. Specifically a 5% haste buff from Balance Druid, Shadow Priest, or Shaman totem.

http://elitistjerks.com/f73/t110354-...3_dragon_soul/

You input your talents, buffs, stats and so on and it will let you know where your haste breakpoints are.
    Last edited by Quinafoi; 12-14-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

For example, this 2005 threshold becomes 1573 if you have the 5% spell haste aura provided from one of the sources above and the Dark Intent buff from a Warlock and having 2005 at that point only gives you an additional tick on Lifebloom.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

2005 haste with 5% haste buff also gives 9 th tick of wildgrowth and effloresence which is big boost. Have not played on my druid since patch or looked at new gear for him yet just wondering if anyone knows if the 3106 with 5% haste raid buff for 11th of wildgrowth/effloresence worth going for or even obtainable?

It isn't really worth while going beyond 2005 haste rating. Those higher levels will likely require procs and not be obtainable passively.

Cool tyvm

If you were a leather caster prioritizing haste above all else... then the best I can come up with is 5761 Haste Rating as a sort of theoretical maximum.

Chest 325 +2R+1Y (Heroic T13 Resto)
    Feet 226 +1R+1Y (BoE Valor)
    Glove 276 +1R (Heroic T13 Balance)
    Helm 342 +1M+1R (Heroic T13 Balance)
    Legs 381 +3R (Heroic T13 Balance)
    Shoulder 235 +1Y (Season 10 Balance)
    Waist 219 +1R+1B (Valor)
    Wrist 152 +2R (T13 Leatherworking)
    Neck 204 (Heroic Morchok)
    Ring1 209 +1R (Heroic Morchok)
    Ring2 197 +1R (Heroic Hagara)
    Trinket1 458 (Valor, Caster)
    Trinket2 458 (Valor, Agility)
    Cloak 148 +1R (Valor)
    Off-Hand 189 +1R (Heroic Ultraxion)
    Mace 153 +1R (Heroic Morchok)

Blacksmithing +2 Sockets, net being 23 total sockets. Use all +50 Haste Rating Gems
    Jewelcrafting +17*3
    Elixir +225 Haste Rating
    Enchants
    Bracer +65
    Boots +50
    Shoulder +25
    Cloak +23

Only item not really spec appropriate would be the second trinket, however if all your after is maximizing passive haste you likely wouldn't care about the use effect anyway so that exception I made. All other items would be spec appropriate (no hit rating and has intellect).

+ Reply to Thread