+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gear Check, 4.3 Stat Priority Focus Questions.

Gear Check, 4.3 Stat Priority Focus Questions.

First off,

I haven't raid tanked since 3.4, i've been a DPS in BWD once since that time and the class I was tanking on in 3.4 was a Frost DW Death Knight, and my paladin. Now I'm more acclimated to my warrior, I learned to tank on him during 4.2 for heroic 5 mans, and attempted to no avail, to get into pug BoT runs after studying fights during the latter half of 4.2. Now 4.3 has hit, and before stepping into the Arena of Raiding, the guild I belong too is beginning to gear up for its first real attempt at raiding active patch content, I had some questions and concerns, both about my gear, and the purpose of Expertise Vs. Hit Rating in 4.3, and their merits.

Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/Burning%20Legion/Reiis/advanced

Tips on spec would be appreciated as well. Thanks.

First things first: Restore all those expertise and hit reforges. If an item does not have mastery, reforge for it. Mastery is your greatest stat up to 102.4 combined avoidance/mitigation. Gems should be blue: mastery/stam, red: mastery/parry, yellow: mastery only. If the bonus is lackluster just put a mastery gem in it. That's where you can start, then we can look at spec. Honestly warriors haven't needed hit/expertise since before ICC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Having completed that process of re-gemming, and reforging to mastery from reversing my hit rating and expertise mistakes. The question is where do I go from here?
    Last edited by Rassiel; 12-06-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: Post update.

I guess it's more up to personal opinion, but for me if it's not mastery or at least 20 stamina I won't bother. You also have to bear in mind you need at least 3 blues for your meta.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    I guess it's more up to personal opinion, but for me if it's not mastery or at least 20 stamina I won't bother. You also have to bear in mind you need at least 3 blues for your meta.
    I did remember to cover that while reapplying gems to cover my mastery and such, as the updated armory page shows.

Okay, one quick thing that should be an easy fix, your dodge and parry are more than 3 percentage points apart. This mans you're losing a good chunk of avoidance to Diminishing Returns, I would reforge some Parry to Dodge wherever possible until your Parry rating is no more than 300-400 points greater than your dodge.

Oh, and you have an extra puissant in your chest... that should be pure mastery.

+ Reply to Thread