+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Advice on gear and stats

Advice on gear and stats

Hello all! I have a question due to are tank stop playing a decide to fill in the palce and swap from fury to prot...

What i need to know is how i standing with gear and geming... Here is my armory link....

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...giskhan/simple

So my gear is not good but i was get it in short notice...So waht i need to know what i need to change? I go to full mastery geming shoud i go to get the bonuses or full stamina instead?

And can i tank the DS raids? i was on Warlord zonoz last night and i die few times but tactic was in haos and so on...

TNX IN ADVANCE!!!

You don't want to go full anything, everything is a balance, Idealy you want to hit most of your socket bonii, and every gem should be mastery, so Factured Amberjewlws in Yellow/Prismatic sockets, Puissant Dream Emeralds in Blue sockets and Fine Ember Topazes in red sockets,. you should probably be using the Eternal Metagem. YOu should be fine for DS raids. you probably should try to equalize your parry and dodge ratings.

You might want to rethink your spec/glyphs, PH isn't really needed for most DS encounters, nor is spell relfect sadly.

As tengenstein said gemming: yellow mastery, blue mastery/stam red mastery/parry with the blockvalue meta. Once you hit unhittable you can go for either more avoidance or more stamina centered gemming.

Missing enchants on shield, weapon, cloak & bracers. 35 mastery+run speed is definitely an option.

Easy upgrades would be the cloak, shoulders & headpiece from the new 5mans. T12 legs are better then your current ones as well since they have more mastery and i prefer the mastery/strength on use trinket from the avengers of hyjal over stay of execution. In general the more mastery the better until you hit 102,4% CTC.

Deep wounds and incite are strong talents pick em up with a 8/2/31 spec, glyph of cleaving is nice as well.

Your parry:dodge ratio should be about 1,2 raidbuffed before unhittable and 1,3 after unhittable. With your current gear that would be about 2000 dodge rating and 2400 parry rating raidbuffed.

You should be able to tank DS. We bounce the ball 5 times on zon'ozz and then let it hit the boss. We had some trouble with the ball not hitting the boss at times but if you make sure melee gtfo it should work. Use cds wisely when he gets more stacks of rising anger.

SPEC: Okay, I would definitely rethink your talent tree. Now, I know tank threat just got buffed passed the point of ridiculous, BUT nonetheless, "threat talents" or "DPS Talents" are still more useful than things like Blood Craze. This is the point where you say: "But Blood Craze heals me and that's a good thing to have as a tank, free heals!" This would be true if Blood Craze did a substantial amount of healing, it however does hardly any, making it far better to go 3/3 Incite, 3/3 Deep Wounds. And there you go, you just improved your DPS by 1-2k and ended the fight a handful of seconds sooner. Also, as stated above Piercing Howl is less than needed for tanking raids, as is Gag Order.
    So, my advice would be to drop the following talents: Gag Order, Blood Craze, Piercing Howl. Go 3/3 Incite, finish up War academy and now you say: "I'm 2 talent points short to go 3/3 Deep Wounds!". Here's where you ask somebody else's advice because I'm not up to date with the theory-crafting here, but you drop either Improved Revenge or Thunderstruck.

GEMS: Okay, first of all I believe you are to a point where you benefit more from a Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond (stam/increased block value) than you do from the increased armor value Meta gem.
    Now, as to weather or not to use hybrid gems or pure mastery, I really couldn't give you CORRECT answer. But personally I always gem for the bonus unless it's complete crap.

REFORGE: Your head needs to be reforged Expertise into Dodge. Also, your weapon is reforged to hit. It's not a bad weapon, it has good mastery, but you should reforge the Crit to dodge, not hit. You need to also balance out your parry and dodge a little. Yes you are a warrior and you like a little more Parry than Dodge due to Hold the Line. But yours is a little to far apart. Right now I think mine has about a 300 point difference and it's working nice for me. So, reforge some of your parry to dodge, just a little bit should do the trick.

GEAR: The T11 shoulders and the head are obviously out-dated, but that's going to be replaced in it's own time, what you can do right now however is go and replace your 359 trinket. Get the Essence of Eternal Flame from Avengers of Hyjal. Macro the Use effect to your HS or SS, take ur pick. It's a good Mastery trinket, and the strength Use isn't amazing but it's still nice

Imp Rev. if you have rage issues, or the T13 2pc, or just can't bear to live without Rev in your rotation. Otherwise Thunderstruck.

Thank you all for help!

I changed the spec a little bit and changed spell reflect glyph...i also get the new trinket from HoT but now I'm in dilemma to use Essence of the Eternal Flame or the Veil of lies?

I will get some enchants that missing ofc...and i will try to obtain the new shoulders...i reforged all equipment so i have more balance between dodge and perry...I also get the t13 legs due to more mastery....and i changed the gems take the bonuses in pieces where i have 30+ stamina i leave the 40 mastery gems in pieces where the bonus give +15 stamina....what you guys think to go for all bonuses or to leave it this way?

Thank you all for help and advice!!!

Right now your biggest concern in gearing is reaching full CTC. This means getting as much mastery in there as possible because it does not suffer from Diminishing Returns and is therefor the most practical to stack. Now off the top of my head I believe all of the trinkets offered for tanks in 4.3 are Stamina with dodge and mastery procs (with the exception of the trinket off Deathwing and the Valor trinket) What I suggest is keep that trinket you got in your bags until you pass CTC, and then use it (unless you get a better one from Dragon Soul of course).
    Also, I don't know off the top of my head which Valor items will be a priority for you based on what will give you the best upgrade. But, I would highly recommend grabbing the Valor trinket. It has close to 450 mastery if memory serves correctly and a Dodge on use. If you swap it with Stay of Execution you're going to lose a good chunk of Dodge, but gain a lot in mastery. I'd say it's up to you, somebody else might have a more direct opinion..... *glances at Tengenstein*

Also, you said you reforged stuff, I think you forgot to reforge the expertise out of your helm.

Gemming: What you're doing now is a sound policy. It might get tricky when you start getting T13 gear where you have more than just stamina bonuses for sockets.

+ Reply to Thread