+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dragon Soul - Warlord Zon'ozz (Normal)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Actually it isn't an issue with pets or totems. It's more an issue with the radius it hits. If a player is in range to be hit by it, which is a very generous range of like 8-12 yards, then it bounces off the player instead of hitting the boss. More likely the issue you are having is simply that players in melee aren't moving enough out of the way so that it is a clean hit on the boss alone.

I raided and killed this guy on an alt with two hunters last night who had their pets on the bosses back the entire time which was in the path of the orb. Additionally, all of the totems from the one Restoration Shaman were also between the boss and the ranged group right behind the boss.

You're overcompensating and assigning blame incorrectly. What is probably happening is your people simply got better at moving out of the way and it just started coming together for you. It had nothing to do with the position of the pets or the totems.
    I think it's actually a two-fold problem.

I think the model of the ball doesn't match the actual radius of the bounce effect.

Along with the ball being buggy in general

Quote Originally Posted by Ishamaelazure View Post
    Got a quick question is there any additional dam hitting tank in the 1st 10 secs after phase 2 ends and phase 1 begins again if our tank is going to die it seems its at that point and i thought his buff had reset at that point soz cat give more info and thx for any advice
    I found that after phase two when the boss first spawns the ball that Psychic Drain isn't being called out by DBM.

It causes a huge amount of damage.

I was able to time AMS pretty well as a DK. In the end we ended up switching to the druid tank because of his armor making melee hits much more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by mekell View Post
    Thats exactly what i thought too until an orb seemingly went right by me and hit the boss. (We actually wanted it to bounce this time, it was too early to hit the boss).

I think in most cases though, you are correct. But in my opinion theres some screwy stuff with the orb on this boss. Sometimes the orb can travel right by you and not bounce and sometimes it seemingly will bounce off nothing.
    There was one time for us when the melee moved out of way, and it seemed to go through the bosses legs and hit me the tank on the other side of boss.

That only seemed to happen once out of the 12 or so tries we had but it was strange enough to comment on :P

Our guild is having tons of trouble with handling the ball. We have seen many things that appear to be bugs, but I hate to blame things on bugs. We have seen the ball go through the boss to the tank, we have seen the ball bounce around in the range group, and some very weird bounce angles. That said I have done this fight twice with other guilds (still normal not LFR) with very good success, but as a rogue my involvement with ball bouncing is pretty easy. So a few questions:

- How do you control the ball bounce angle? Is it a function of your character angle to the ball, i.e. do you have to be facing straight at the ball?
    - How much are most ranged/melee group having to move to get to the ball?

And one more question that I have seen, are group using a healing debuff on Zonozz to minimize his healing from psychic drain? In particular I could use wound poison to cause 25% healing reduction at some dps cost to me.

This fight is driving me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by canman View Post
    How do you control the ball bounce angle? Is it a function of your character angle to the ball, i.e. do you have to be facing straight at the ball?
    It's supposed to be a function of the angle it collides, however good luck every figuring out the exact angle between the center of your character model and the center of a non-targetable model. It requires a bit of luck and some adaptability by your raiders to adjust as needed.

How much are most ranged/melee group having to move to get to the ball?
    If the ball is going left, we move left. If the ball is going right, we move right. In general you shouldn't have to move around a great deal, maybe 10 yards left or right at most. However it doesn't matter how far you have to move, if you have to bounce it back, you have to bounce it back.

And one more question that I have seen, are group using a healing debuff on Zonozz to minimize his healing from psychic drain? In particular I could use wound poison to cause 25% healing reduction at some dps cost to me.
    We aren't applying a healing debuff, however our tank is using cooldowns often with the intent on intercepting it (the amount healed is porportional to the damage dealt, so if you reduce the damage taken you reduce the amount healed). Neither is really required though provided you aren't letting him drain from more than one person.

This fight is driving me crazy!
    Don't worry, your mental state will be perserved after you kill him. You'll have brand new bosses to drive you crazy then.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Because we did not have a full 25 we went with 10 and ended up killing zonozz with very little trouble.

I think everything quinafoi mentions above is accurate and I think there can be ball glitches. But then bottom line, I think these problems are magnified with 25 man (i.e. mainly more chances for weird ball bounces/mechanics).

I think this boss is to just sensitive and is where an interesting design idea when wildly off track. Fortunately Hagara after this is cake.

Thanks for the reply!

I am one of those unfortunate souls who only gets to raid via LFR (small guild). I'm "studying" to become a tank (hopefully a good one). After watching the video for this encounter a couple times (actually probably more like 4 or 5), I was about to ask some questions about managing the Void of Unmaking when I read (much to my surprise):
    Ball management in the LFR is vastly different to normal and heroic mode. In LFR you do not need to touch the ball at any point in time.
    I'm glad of that because managing the efforts of 25 strangers would appear to be a nearly unsurmountable challenge. In LFR do you still need to turn the boss away from the raid after he spawns the Void of Unmaking?
    In other words does:
    As soon as the Void spawns, you'll need to swing him around quickly to avoid hitting everyone with Psychic Drain.
    still apply?

Yes it does. The boss will heal for a considerable amount if Psychic Drain hits a majority of the raid. It won't wipe you though.

Since:
    In LFR you do not need to touch the ball at any point in time. It will float around, gather 10 or so stacks, and go to the boss and triggering the phase change.
    Since the ball is just going to float around on its own and you don't have to worry about losing it, would I be correct in assuming that (in LFR) the tank can just keep the boss turned away from the rest of the raid the entire time?

Quote Originally Posted by Semperfortis View Post
    Since the ball is just going to float around on its own and you don't have to worry about losing it, would I be correct in assuming that (in LFR) the tank can just keep the boss turned away from the rest of the raid the entire time?
    That is correct.

+ Reply to Thread