+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Dragon Soul - Morchok (Normal)

We can work on adding full fight videos as addendums to the initial video guides that are released and can edit them into the OP at a later date if there seems to be a need for it later. But it'll be something we'll have to work out who can be the person who has the least vulgar vent channel to put up on our front page (ha!)

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    We can work on adding full fight videos as addendums to the initial video guides that are released and can edit them into the OP at a later date if there seems to be a need for it later. But it'll be something we'll have to work out who can be the person who has the least vulgar vent channel to put up on our front page (ha!)
    Lol... Although I do not think you necessarily need the vent chat for that. As I remember most of Alliena's videos simply had her narrate what was actually going on in the encounter and how she was reacting to it. Sometimes she reacted badly, sometimes she reacted well. It was that type of commentary, along with the entire encounter video, that made the videos so much better than other "guide" videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    ... As to the desire for full kill videos. I'm not completely sure I like the old method of just slapping it on to the end of the video -- it feels a little clunky. What we might see about doing though is uploading the full kill separately (either on the ZAMofficial youtube channel or on authors' own channels) and linking to it from the original post. The other thing to consider that you guys haven't seen yet (mostly because Morchok is kind of faceroll) is we'll be switching between different perspectives when we have the footage available and the guide calls for it. At that point we could potentially be taking footage from 3 or 4 different kills, and tacking all of them on the end of a video would be kind of overboard.
    Howdy Lore.

I don't think there needs to be a kill shot of the fights myself. The new style of showing the abilities, talking about them and what to do to avoid them is great.

Agree with the general consensus here. Like the new format and don't personally see a need for full kill footage. Would love to see fights from different role perspectives for the same encounters. Many players take on different roles and that would be a bonus! You guys are great and I appreciate everything you do!

liking the new style

i give the new style for the videos a thumbs up, i like the way that the fights are broken down with the phases and what all abilities are in each phase and what to look out for, i know i can say this for myself and my entire guild that this will be a big help on clearing content, we always rely on tankspot guides for starting new content

I like the new style but wish you would post information based on both 10 and 25 man raids. I would think that extra info shouldnt be too hard to add in. Great job as usual.

Just one small question about this fight: Do the tanks run out during blood, or stay in? I've never paid attention to that when healing or dpsing this guy.

Run out. Morchok is channeling the blood and does not need to be tanked during that period. The blood hurts, no need to stress healers over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

Quote Originally Posted by outbackjack View Post
    Run out. Morchok is channeling the blood and does not need to be tanked during that period. The blood hurts, no need to stress healers over it.
    Alright. Thanks . Lore didn't mention it at all in the video, and I kinda find it rather crucial in order to be able to tank the encounters. How the tanks deal with certain abilities is generally different than the rest of the group.

+ Reply to Thread