+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: so raid finder

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    The loot will distribute even if somebody is "in" the box. The main reason for loot distribution taking so long is people leaving the group without passing, which means that their "roll" still needs to time out, which takes 4 minutes. If somebody's inventory is full, however, that can stop stuff being automatically distributed.
    No. There's a glitch where loot will not be given to someone and you have to go back and physically take it. I had to go into the box and physically take the mace. You'll see people will win the roll, but you won't see "so and so received [name piece of gear]". You have to go back and retrieve it. My son pointed this out to me, then it happened to me on Madness. My bags were not full.

Also if you ticket it you should get your item the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I just want to go an say the thing I hate the most about Looking For Raid is....doing Looking For Raid. When 3.3 came out I was very excited with the new 5-mans being able to catch up with my friends item level quickly and run DS with them if they were to ever need me. In order to this I would want my guild to be the best possible so thats where LFR comes in.

I understand this is meant to appease casual players, but I currently am a casual player, and I can barely call LFR content. Dont get me wrong I think Blizzard did a great job implementing it but its not fun for me to do at all. Worst part is a queue up as a tank, so after dealing with extended queue times I actually have to tank. If I was main spec DPS I would simply /follow and afk.

Over time the idea of logging on and queueing up for a loot pinata made me sick and I kind wound up not logging on at all. I just feel their is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Well put, Kahmal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Well put, Kahmal.
    Seconded, raid finder is so you can "see content", which includes last expansion's zone and a couple bellies. Other than that it's another weekly loot farm.

I see no real way for Blizzard to implement an alternate LFR type progression for casual players. LFR is stupid easy, but even at the stupid easy level people still rage, die, wipe etc; putting in a normal mode LFR would just attract the same group as LFR does now but with the promise of better shinies. Incompetent in easy mode can work, incompetent in normal is a wipefest; can you imagine the rage and hostility that would ensue with every wipe as the "uber in their own mind" players wiped.

Hell, I was tanking Spine last night on my warrior and the other tank was clueless with the amal, the dps was killing the amal before it got 9 stacks, when it did get 9 stacks the tank brought it to the middle of the spine away from the plate, there were 5 or 6 tentacles down (we did get one plate off), bloods all over the place so I just said screw it as I was getting overwhelmed with bloods and was just Thunderclapping in the middle of the spine (then the raid, teach those little bastards a lesson) and watching Raid chat go nuts; funny as hell; the more they raged the more bloods I just gathered into the middle and finally just sat back and watched the show. Now that's on easy mode and the verbal abuse was insane (naturally the two healers who were doing 5k hps were among the most vocal) can you imagine if they had to deal with normal's mechanics?

Okay, I'll admit, LFR can bring out the asshole in me at times; I can't help it - I despise the know it alls in Raid Chat who act like they've gotten the world first DW or Rag kill. Especially the "omg, srsly, learn the fight" crap, like it's the end of the freaking world that there might be a wipe or someone made a mistake.

I really hate the community at large at times.

I have no problem with people that don't know what to do. But when I write "DO NOT HIT THE ****ING TENTACLES [insert name here] OR YOU WILL BE THE REASON WE WIPE !!!" in /say after a friendly request in raid chat before spine begins that we only kill one tentacle, I expect them to stop hitting the ***ing tentacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    I have no problem with people that don't know what to do. But when I write "DO NOT HIT THE ****ING TENTACLES [insert name here] OR YOU WILL BE THE REASON WE WIPE !!!" in /say after a friendly request in raid chat before spine begins that we only kill one tentacle, I expect them to stop hitting the ***ing tentacles.
    But dude, I love those big yellow numbers.

I'll tell you, Tidy plates can be great; when the raid is told to stop dps on the amal and you can see DoTs going on it and sunders stacking, and bleeds...good fun.

i just like that pitch Feralminded had earlier too just make true Heroics that drop LFR quality loot. In patch 3.2 I was on a WoW hiatus, when I came back (no guild mind you) I took the initiative to catch up with my friends through craftables, Fireland dailies and whatever FL pugs I could get into (guild run pref). It was a tedious process but patience paid off.

3.3 things just seem handed to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    3.3 things just seem handed to you.
    I guess I don't understand this. If you don't like LFR's difficulty, don't run it. That means you're not the intended audience. There's normal and heroic for you to run. Simple.

Just because Blizzard designed a raid difficulty that isn't what you personally want, doesn't make it bad.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I guess I don't understand this. If you don't like LFR's difficulty, don't run it. That means you're not the intended audience. There's normal and heroic for you to run. Simple.

Just because Blizzard designed a raid difficulty that isn't what you personally want, doesn't make it bad.
    The intended audience is for people that dont have the time to raid in scheduled guild runs. That is me. If I want to remain up to par in gear to get into decent pugs I need to run LFR, I just hate doing it. Its just a preference, I understand why it's so easy, I just like the feeling of progression even if your not in a progression guild.

3.2 I was running around trying to craft items, and get gear from FL dailies, reminded me of what I used to do during Burning Crusade, only I used to actually farm the mats back (which kept me busier) instead of just playing the AH and buying them. Then their was rep grinding (a lot more to do).

I stopped playing WoW and resumed playing League of Legends again simply because I was more intrigued by the idea of getting out of ELO hell, making progress with effort and feeling good at it, then just having things handed to me.

The intended audience is for people that dont have the time to raid in scheduled guild runs. That is me. If I want to remain up to par in gear to get into decent pugs I need to run LFR, I just hate doing

just having things handed to me.
    I guess you'd just rather there was no content for your niche? You admit on one hand that you don't have the time otherwise, then turn around and complain about things being handed to you. So, I'm confused. What is it that you want?

There's a difference between things being easy and things taking alot of time. the rogue legendary quests are a good example. the "go assassinate this dude" quests are fun and challenging, but they don't require anyway near the amount of time and commitment the "collect 333 bits of deathwing" quests do.

would have making LFR been 10 man, done by encounter rather than first 4/last 4 and be tuned to the same difficulty as 10 man really made it impossible? I think not.

The intended audience is for people that dont have the time to raid in scheduled guild runs. That is me.
    Sadly the actual audience are apes.

On the 10 man LFR: you still need 1-2 tanks and 2-3 healers for that and this is why Blizzard sticks to 25 man, the "dps-to-other-roles" ratio is just so much better.
    Last edited by klausi; 01-18-2012 at 09:46 AM.

would have making LFR been 10 man, done by encounter rather than first 4/last 4 and be tuned to the same difficulty as 10 man really made it impossible? I think not.
    But, making it the same difficulty as 10-man normal...what would be the point of having 2 sets of the same thing? LFR is tuned the way it is for a reason. If you don't want to run it, don't. It's there for the masses, and practically anyone who posts here is not the targeted audience.

the same reason LFG and heroic 5 mans are the same, to make it easier to get a group together at the times you play.

They would need to up the ilevel requirement for that. And people would still get in with pvp/greens making the 10 man even harder to carry them.

well you can either have a challenge or a loot pinata. you can't have the same encounter be both.

It's pointless to make it a challenge.

The intended audience is for people that dont have the time to raid in scheduled guild runs. That is me. If I want to remain up to par in gear to get into decent pugs I need to run LFR, I just hate doing it. Its just a preference, I understand why it's so easy, I just like the feeling of progression even if your not in a progression guild.
    I choose loot pinata and getting into scheduled pugs that fit my game time. I don't even run with my guild, I ended up leading a 10 man casual guild to some good progression in order to get my 397s.

There is no single target audience, there's 3;
    1. The bad casuals who just want to "see" a raid.
    2. The casual raiders who can't make a set guild schedule.
    3. The min/maxer who needs 4pc to bolster heroic progression.
    Last edited by Dreadski; 01-18-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    I guess you'd just rather there was no content for your niche? You admit on one hand that you don't have the time otherwise, then turn around and complain about things being handed to you. So, I'm confused. What is it that you want?
    I suppose I am a unique case since I'm not a casual that is completely awful at the game. I said I dont have the time to commit to scheduled raiding, between school and work. I have time to pug, make gold, earn reputation and try to craft gear. This is what I was doing for 3.2, it was tedious but I was getting their slowly but surely and when I got their it felt good.

3.3 there were no new factions to grind out reputation, and to pug you would want your gear as up to date as possible so therefore run LFR. At some point though unless I was with my friends the idea of just logging on pressing a button and sitting idle for a some time and collect loot just kinda made me sick is all. Its not fun, and I dont feel like I earned jack.

+ Reply to Thread