+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: so raid finder

I stand corrected. Its good that they do have that same "Completion" achievement for LFR to help satisfy the "link achievement and ilvl" requirements that some pugs employ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

I just wanted to link a pretty telling official thread about LFR. To me this means LFR has accomplished exactly what it was looking to do and is a large success in bringing the content to the masses.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people
    GM of Neolutum (always recruiting, PM me)

Well, I agree with them. LFR is exactly what it needed to be: A 25-man zerg-fest. I really enjoyed the chaos on my two runs and I think a lot of other people do, too. But I fear it won´t last long. Immediate rewards for everyone participating is not a recipe for long-term motivation and the question is what they´ll do after that. (We all know what its going to be, don´t we?)

Another question is whether the experience that the LFR offers is something that you want to be the epitome of what your game/a MMORPG in general is about. People come and go as they please, nobody communicates with each other and everyone is only there for themselves.

Damn, Feral, great minds think a like, I went from MMO to the Forums to read more posts and was going to link also. I really like that thread and I think it shows Blizz hit a home run with this. Seems there's a whole section of the player base that just wants to have fun see end content and not have the pressure of raiding - and they really don't care that their epics are less epic. It's really cool how the player base has latched on to this.

Interesting that one of the first posters who expressed the "this aint' fair, Blizz giving into the bads and keeping them bads" sentiment, completed Firelands 6 days ago after gearing in the new Heroics and the way he writes that's his a main. I'd venutre most of the rotten, mean, QQ posts are from raiders who's greatness exists in their own mind.

I've said before, I love LFR - last night I killed DW after we banged our head on Gunship for 2.5 hours in our normal 10 man (1 ranged is NOT good for that fight). Raid ended, got on my priest, zoned into the final battle, got 250 VP, killed DW, had fun and walked away with http://www.wowhead.com/item=78485. A frustrating night raiding ended on a good note.

Oh no doubt. As I've said before the real issue with LFR/D is that is cheapens the entire "success experience" that us die-harder raiders have been sitting here doing for years. Why do I still raid after 7 years? Because the first time I killed Ragnaros back in '05 ventrillo basically shut down as 40 people screamed at the top of their lungs because we'd spent literally a month clearing the instance and pulling that jack ass. That elation is NOT something ANYONE will ever feel in LFR or any of the new LFDs ... because its just not how it works. You going into a LFR/D with the implicit assumption of success as opposed to the hope of success. Psychologically they could not be farther apart in regards to emotional reward upon completion. The best you can get out of LFR/D (beyond perhaps the first time or two through a tier) is not disappointment due to hopefully nobody making a serious mistake ... that's a VERY FAR CRY from the levels of elation and joy all of us serious raider feel when we finally crack a tough-nut boss.

Lowering the bar DOES give more people access to the content but it also makes the content less meaningful as well ... and that is the risk they face now and something that I fear blizzard may not really be considering here. I don't know if its better to have more people seeing the content but with it being devalued or with less people seeing it but it being the golden prize. I just don't have the right answer as my own feelings are largely mixed.

That said right now I do feel very happy for all of those people that for whatever reason could never raid before but now get to experience just a smidge of it. Yes I know they will be bored in a couple weeks because it is too easy and therefore not very rewarding ... but right now today ... they have something they've never had before so good for them. I only hope it is worth it for the game in the long run.
    RIP Stormrage Horde ('05 - '11). Turaylon Horde since 11/11 where there's actually people

because it is too easy
    then how come all the raid finder pugs ive joined wipe a billion times on warmaster blackhorn and i end up leaving after the 20th wipe on madness of deathwing

i mean,id say the first 4 right now raid finder wise are pretty easy.but the 2nd half i wouldnt really call to easy just yet

Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    then how come all the raid finder pugs ive joined wipe a billion times on warmaster blackhorn and i end up leaving after the 20th wipe on madness of deathwing

i mean,id say the first 4 right now raid finder wise are pretty easy.but the 2nd half i wouldnt really to easy just yet
    Well, the one thing all the pugs you've been in have in common is you...

Quote Originally Posted by Ion View Post
    Well, the one thing all the pugs you've been in have in common is you...
    funny,im pretty sure someone whos farmed 6/7 firelands everyweek isnt a idiot if thats what your trying to say

People have been spamming guild chat with [Fall of Deathwing] achievements, I sincerely doubt it is impossible...

Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    funny,im pretty sure someone whos farmed 6/7 firelands everyweek isnt a idiot if thats what your trying to say
    Was that not clear?

I thought it was clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    People have been spamming guild chat with [Fall of Deathwing] achievements, I sincerely doubt it is impossible...
    hmm,your on a eu realm though.im on a us realm so maybe the pugs are different on eu realms

i guess if more people are getting fall of deathwing achievement though then maybe i just have bad luck with pugs in the 2nd half.cuz i know when i did the first half we pretty much faceroll'd it and only wiped like once per boss

the luck required to get a raid where absolutely no one knows what's going on or how to do the encounters, forcing everyone to learn from scratch, is pretty small . and pugs on the US realms are pretty much the same. this means that most failures aren't a result of lack of knowledge, and more a result of poor play.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

I think there's going to be a lot of variance in the LFR for a little while as people get used to it before it settles into it's normal cycle (whatever that may be). Right now in fact some lfrs may be overloaded with curious or gearing up normal/heroic raiders and that cycle may end so its possible once they get done with their LFR gear up they vacate ... who knows. My only experience with LFR has been with large quantities of fellow heroic raiders so it's been lulz ... but I don't expect that to be typical.

FOD achieve is pretty easy, I'm a casual and the alt run that I got into last week only had time to get through 5/8. I went back into the raid finder last night and kicked DW in the balls in a pug that was well-led. I hope the normal and H versions are a lot tougher because as a tank it was probably one of the easiest and most forgiving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I've been in all pure LFR Pugs and it's a fun zergfest. Sure there are some deaths or wipes (Hagara ice) but all in all the bosses die. I had never seen the final DW fight until last night and it was fun. I got Shrapnel on me a few times and just figured I should get out of the group, no idea what it was, but it seemed like something that I should carry away from others Damage was minimal, boss died, cinematic was cute - what I watched of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    FOD achieve is pretty easy, I'm a casual and the alt run that I got into last week only had time to get through 5/8. I went back into the raid finder last night and kicked DW in the balls in a pug that was well-led. I hope the normal and H versions are a lot tougher because as a tank it was probably one of the easiest and most forgiving.
    ya,i mean.the group i was with did pretty good on Ultraxion it was just warmaster blackhorn,spine and madness of deathwing they had problems with.but ive only pugged the 2nd half thru raid finder once so maybe i just got a bad group

ive also recently seen some people i know looting weapons off spine and madness lfr.so yeah,maybe ill try it again next week and see if maybe it was just a bad group i had
    Last edited by PimpJuice4; 12-09-2011 at 03:10 PM.

So, I finally got fed up with the afk healers in LFR and took a small bit of revenge. I was healing on my shammy and we get to the Madness fight. The fight is progressing and Myself, two druids and a pally are all around 18k hps; two priests are 5k hps and 9k hps they're just throwing out a Circle of Healing every now and then. We end the fight and the 2 priests are around 7k hps and the healing mace drops, I already have it, but roll need on it and pst the Pally, "if I win it it's yours, I rolled to try to keep the priests form getting it" (the druid's have it already too). So I win it, and the 5k priest opens trade, I click it off and give the mace to the Pally.

Okay, was it childish, yes; a bit mean spirited; yes, but I was so fed up with people afk'ing or just not trying that it was my small way of rewarding a player who did his/her part in the kill and depriving a get over.

Quote Originally Posted by Fetzie View Post
    Did you tell the priest why you gave it to the paladin?
    No they left by the time I got the pst written. This was one where someone would not get out of the box so the loot didn't distribute, I had to wait and take it out of the box so the pally was waiting around and I was more concerned to get him the mace.

People just do annoying things with the loot boxes, Blizz should make it loot like a corpse.

The loot will distribute even if somebody is "in" the box. The main reason for loot distribution taking so long is people leaving the group without passing, which means that their "roll" still needs to time out, which takes 4 minutes. If somebody's inventory is full, however, that can stop stuff being automatically distributed.

+ Reply to Thread