+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: so raid finder

so raid finder

is gonna eventually have all the bosses the actual dragon soul raid has right? cuz i was curious today and ran it and it went better then expected

thinkin about maybe runnin it everyweek cuz the group im runnin with i dont think plans on doin it so i figured what the hell might as well run it to see the fights and stuff.the group i got only wiped like once on every boss

It will next week have all 8.

I really really like it. The hardcore raider in me, loves the ability to practice my rotation movement etc. in a raid environment when ever I want. The alt-roller-in-me loves that I can raid on all my alts without a massive time commitment of pugging.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

ya,alts is probably where im gonna use raid finder the most(sucks my alt is like 351 item lvl).i was basically just bored and curious on how pugs were and it didnt seem that bad

although the new heroics drop like 378 item lvl gear so maybe it wont take that long to get geared for it

Its a bit too easy but that's what makes it successful for groups who have no clue what they're doing. Could have a bit more oneshot abilities like the ice in the hagara fight to make people learn not to stand in shit.

What leethaxor said its nice for an altoholic

What I liked was when I killed myself at Hagara on my hunter (FYI you can't disengage over the ice wall) was I got a message telling me what I died to and how I could avoid dying to it in the future.

Deathwing needs to be killed a several thousand times before he's weak enough for LFR.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

although the one thing i noticed is,i thought you were gonna get like seperate achievements for the raid finder version of the raid because when we downed hagra i got the siege of wyrmrest temple achievement

Quote Originally Posted by PimpJuice4 View Post
    although the one thing i noticed is,i thought you were gonna get like seperate achievements for the raid finder version of the raid because when we downed hagra i got the siege of wyrmrest temple achievement
    Wrath called it wants your achievement model back.

Things change if you want to prove your better do heroic.
    [Today 06:48 PM] Ion:swimming in a natural body of water ISN'T acceptable...it's momentarily tolerable

i dont want to prove im better i was just wondering.i was under the impression you would of gotten some special raid finder acheivement for doing it or somethin.not the actual acheivement

I've healed it twice and it's just fun chaos. I had a big smile the whole time, having a ball watching the insanity of it all. It's the like Keystone Cops raiding. Blizz really did a good job with it, hope it never really becomes too serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    I've healed it twice and it's just fun chaos. I had a big smile the whole time, having a ball watching the insanity of it all. It's the like Keystone Cops raiding. Blizz really did a good job with it, hope it never really becomes too serious.
    This! I love destroying healing on my priest knowing I'm the only thing standing between chaos and order :P

The patch dropped on Nov. 29th and the first LFR nerf was announced in the December 2 patch notes.

On the Hagara fight, the "Ice Ialls now move 15% slower on LFR Raidfinder difficulty".

Okay, I'm far from elitist and I'm far from a great raider, and I thoroughly enjoy the LFR, but really, 3 days and the Ice Walls had to be slowed. Give the player base some credit for being able to adapt before nerfing right out of the box; although on Hagara it's pretty funny seeing all the red 0 health frames on Healbot as that phase progresses and seeing all the comments in raid chat.

Especially as if you die to that mechanic you get a server message telling you that you died to the Ice Wall and that you should start running earlier next time...

Okay, the WoW gods got me back, I died on the Ice Wall last night, I ran into the damn thing cause it's going so slowly; I'm Smiting the crystal behind me, I see the wall come up, I spin run and BAM catch right up to the wall in front of me and die. I deserved it.

I got kicked in the ass by the ice wall on normal 10 man...3 beers in and not paying attention. Luckily I was dpsing like a noob and not tanking so it mattered a little less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

LOL i did exactly the same Slowed Walls caught me out.
    I actually randomly became the raid leader and succesfully co-ordinated 4/4 kills reading the tacts off of my iphone while doing it

Was fun tho i was suprised at how well it went and my dad absolutely loves it (he finds real raiding a bit to stressful bless)

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Deathwing needs to be killed a several thousand times before he's weak enough for LFR.
    pew pew pew
    Is it okay to drink beer?

did they ever say titles were gonna be in raid finder?

cuz i know you get one from killin deathwing,was thinkin about runnin raid finder today for my weekly raid finder pug but im just wonderin if i actually manage to kill deathwing(unless i missed some info and deathwing would be added in later and not with all the other bosses)would i get the destroyers end title

cuz i know when i did the first four i actually got the achievement for it and it was the regular achievement so im just wonderin

Destroyer's End is from Normal and Heroic, not available on LFR

http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=6177

As far as I am aware there are no titles, or achievements for that matter, in the Looking For Raid difficulty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Sounds like the guy who ran in front of the train had an even worse week than you guys did.

or achievements for that matter, in the Looking For Raid difficulty.
    well,i got siege of wyrmrest temple achievement thru raid finder.but im assuming you mean like achievements with titles and stuff but meh,im still gonna use raid finder anyway so whatever

+ Reply to Thread