+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DK Blood tank looking for help

DK Blood tank looking for help

I am not really sure what is wrong with my tanking or my luck of random groups how is my gear what gemming and enchants should it have
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Ekimsdk/simple
    d
    id I mess up my talent tree build, I have a lichborne build I use a lot, and a blood build with out lichborne.
    I use the standard rotation outbreak to lead fight pestilence dnd death strike when up heart strike and rune strike.
    What content should I be running heroics, hour of the twilight, or bot, bwd or Fire lands. thanks in advance for the help.

I do have a enchanter so no if i need a enchant I will get it
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...eofekim/simple

You're a bit all over the place with gemming and enchanting. You can lose the Strength/Hit gems. Death Strike heals even when you miss now, so you can move to more survival type stats over threat stats like hit. For gemming, on my DK tank I use Stam or stam/mastery in blue, parry/stam in reds and mastery in Yellow gem sockets.

I use Rune of the Stoneskin Gargolye; but the 2% Parry enchant (Razorice?) is preferred by some. I prefer the Stam enchant to chest over Peerless Stats.

Your missing gems and enchants - you need to get honored with the Earthen Ring for the head enchant.

Grind for a pair of shoulders.

Basically, you have tank gear and dps gear but are kind of gemming enchanting like a dps.

Run current content for easy JPs, that will get you some nice 378 gear quickly - I notice you run a lot of the old stuff, Transmorg is cool and all, but if want to do current raid content you need to grind out current heroics.

DK Blood tank looking for help

I think u mean sword shattering theotherone and its 4% parry but yea otherwise u are completely right about geming. In terms of ur gear I would say u can handle the new dungeons if u gem right

I regemmed, how is it? what changes to reforging should i make? and what enchants should change

Imo, get rid of the stamina gems. Either stack shitloads of mastery (just go for +40 mastery everywhere) and reforge a lot into mastery, or go for a heavy avoidance build. Either works, but a mastery DK is usually smoother to heal than an avoidance heavy one. For heroic progression, our Blood DK stacks mastery like crazy.

You are also missing the head enchant from earthern ring. As the content you should be running, practice a bit in a couple of older heroics, then run the 4.3 ones. After that just hit LFR.

I am liking the way the mastery dk tanking is, I have had no complaints from the healers would it be a good idea to switch out all my stamina gems for mastery gems? I know I have some dps gear on, but this should change as i see more tank drops, they replaced 333 blues so either way they are a upgrade, and a start to a dps set. again thank you for all your help so far

+ Reply to Thread