+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot pally LF help

Prot pally LF help

so i have been raiding on my prot since the start of FLs and have just got the block cap. now i am block capped what do i go for now? more stam? extra dodge and parry even though wouldn't this just be pointless?

need help.

any tips would help

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Grishp/simple

I say more stamina. You want to extend your minimum time to live, and this is most easily done by converting excess mastery to stamina through gems.

Try to retain your CtC cap while adding more dodge/parry. The point is, it's better to not get hit at all than getting hit for 70% of the damage. Other than that, yes, going for stamina is good. Also, your parry/dodge could be better balanced at the moment, since you will still have more parry than dodge with the raid buffs. Unless you use feasts. But even then, I don't think it's perfect (haven't done the math).

Here's how I have reforged. http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twisting-nether/Incalcando/advanced

Mind that the consumables I use are Mastery food and Master elixir+Resistance elixir. That way I have about 2 k less health than I would with a stamina flask, but gain 90 magical resistance all around, which is much, much better in pretty much any fight. It's around 12% reduction if I'm not mistaken.

What I end up with is 17.79% dodge, 17,80% parry and about 61% block chance. And yes my gemming is a bit all over the place, but I prefer to finetune my CtC cap with various gem types, than with reforging, because it's more flexible. It's still not perfect, as I'm at 102,5 at the moment, but I was too tired to try and get rid of that 0.1% .

It is better to minimise the amount of melee attacks you take, but the simple melee swing is not the only source of damage in a fight. I believe that when you have minimised the possibility of a huge spike (getting full CTC), maximising the time it then can take a boss to kill you is the best course of action, especially when starting a new raid in which you do not know when to expect the big spikes, giving the healers more time to heal you (and giving you more time to hit LoH should the Proverbial hit the fan ).

+ Reply to Thread