+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gemming

Gemming

I'm seeing a lot of tanks recently going the way of ICC gemming and ignoring socket bonuses, except instead of stamina it's for solely mastery (save for 3 greens for the meta). Is this effective? Something I can do at my gear level?

PS: don't mention my shoulders. I keel you.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...usteros/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

It makes sense if you can reach full CTC (combat table coverage) meaning that you reach

5% base miss chance (+ 2% NE racial) + % chance to block + % chance to parry + % chance to dodge >= 102,4%

At that point ,you won´t get hit by unblocked hits anymore, very hit you take is either blocked (40% less damage) or critically blocked (60% less damage), which smoothens incoming damage extremely well. Also, mastery is overall the best stat in terms of taking the least damage.

So, iy you are near CTC, it makes senso to leave out non-mastery bonusses and gem straight for mastery.

I have been looking in to doing the same thing. Here is a macro which may help out. It shows your current CTC.

/run DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance() +5))

I'm sticking with mastery gemming so far but might switch over to a bit more stamina past unhittable. Largely depends on which trinkets will drop and how hard the bosses hit, only 4/8 so far so haven't made up my mind yet and might change once we start hc modes.

+ Reply to Thread